Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medtronic/Cregg

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

thank you both

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭howyanow

hi folks,i up-loaded my cv on the cregg website but have heard nothing from them.i aslo found it difficult to find actual jobs on it,any categorys i fill in always came up as no results find even tho there were 3 jobs listed in galway .bit confused.what are the specific job titles and what is the work like?have never worked in a factory before.thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

howyanow wrote: »
    hi folks,i up-loaded my cv on the cregg website but have heard nothing from them.i aslo found it difficult to find actual jobs on it,any categorys i fill in always came up as no results find even tho there were 3 jobs listed in galway .bit confused.what are the specific job titles and what is the work like?have never worked in a factory before.thanks

I don't know how Cregg operate but I've heard a lot about people having trouble getting an answer from them. Nevertheless they seem to be providing shed loads of contractors to Medtronic so they must be answering some calls.

The work I can answer for though, it's grand, a bit repetitive depending on the workstep you're on but it's easy work for decent money. It's all operator level work that Cregg recruit for, so basically building the product, you know, saving lives :P . My brother would have been like that, never worked in a factory and didn't think he'd like it, however he's been there 5 years now and really likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I have to admit cregg arent great. Their site is never updated. Had an interview with them over a year ago and they said theyd get back to me asap about future openings. Ive tried contacting them numerous times but its like going up against a brick wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sureshot

Anyone know if Cregg/Medtronic are recruiting at the moment? Heard someone locally got an operator job - 4-12 shift?

• Advertisement

sureshot wrote: »
    Anyone know if Cregg/Medtronic are recruiting at the moment? Heard someone locally got an operator job - 4-12 shift?

They are yeah, via Cregg. Continental shift is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cladda1112

JustMary wrote: »
    That is simply the reality of being an agency worker in a multi-national.

It's not the agency's fault (Cregg): the government allows this sort of employment arrangement here - and the multinationals want it because it lets them match workforce with requirements very easily.
    Ice are exact the same with their workers and once they place you in a job they refuse to recommend you for any other job even if you want to apply for it. Which is totaly wrong and yes it is the agencys fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

cladda1112 wrote: »
    Ice are exact the same with their workers and once they place you in a job they refuse to recommend you for any other job even if you want to apply for it. Which is totaly wrong and yes it is the agencys fault.

Completely incorrect. Internal job promotions/vacancies are always offered to full time employees of the company first, unless there is an excessive amount of positions, then they open it up for all. This is based on a company headcount position which is used to monitor company divisions worldwide when it comes to profits/losses for the year, nothing to do with the agencies.

Completely incorrect. Internal job promotions/vacancies are always offered to full time employees of the company first, unless there is an excessive amount of positions, then they open it up for all. This is based on a company headcount position which is used to monitor company divisions worldwide when it comes to profits/losses for the year, nothing to do with the agencies.

I am not on about internal positions i am on about when these jobs are avertised to the public. They refused to put his name forward for a job even though there were jobs available. They said it was there policy not to recommend people that they had placed with factorys as they were loyal to the company/factory they had placed them/him with. Which in my opinion is wrong seening that the job they placed him in is going no where. If they dont have work you are sent home and then you are down a days pay. He is only trying to get a more secure and better paid job.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,698 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It might have just been an excuse: they couldn't say "you're too old/young/fat/whatever" so used another line.

In general, agencies are happy to put people forward for alternative positions, provided they've been in the first position long enough for the recruiter's commission (which depends on a few months service being achieved) to be due.

• Advertisement

JustMary wrote: »
    It might have just been an excuse: they couldn't say "you're too old/young/fat/whatever" so used another line.

In general, agencies are happy to put people forward for alternative positions, provided they've been in the first position long enough for the recruiter's commission (which depends on a few months service being achieved) to be due.

Well i can only talk about ICE and when this happened to OH he was in the position over a year and is there nearly 2 years now and was told the same thing again about 4 mths back when he put in for a job with boston Scientific.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

Does anyone have a link to the jobs available at the minute? I cant seem to find any info on the cregg website. Currently in College and would like to apply for the weekend shift if available.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

Cregg very rarley update there website, just send your cv into them by email and a quick letter stating your preference of where you would like to work along with a quick summary of what you could bring to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

cool. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi folks, apologies for dragging up an old thread.
    Any know how long it takes for the results of the Psychometric assessment to come back to Medtronic?
    Was in there for an interview at the end of February but have heard nothing back since.

Hi folks, apologies for dragging up an old thread.
    Any know how long it takes for the results of the Psychometric assessment to come back to Medtronic?
    Was in there for an interview at the end of February but have heard nothing back since.

No one knows how long yer man's sorcery takes. He's a law unto himself.

Was it an operator job or a support staff job?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Das Kitty wrote: »
    No one knows how long yer man's sorcery takes. He's a law unto himself.

Was it an operator job or a support staff job?

Hey Kitty,

Yeah he mentioned 7 to 10 days before we contact them. I waited till last Thursday and was told they still hadnt the results back.
    It was a support staff job.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Trompette

Hi,

Old thread but still in the move.
    How is the business in Medtronic? Busy, quiet?

Are they looking for operators now or in a near future in Galway?
    Any info are welcome.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Trompette wrote: »
    Hi,

Old thread but still in the move.
    How is the business in Medtronic? Busy, quiet?

Are they looking for operators now or in a near future in Galway?
    Any info are welcome.

Thanks

They have been hiring for the last 7 months or so. Not sure if they still are but there's no harm getting in touch with Cregg.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭salmon1

Hi folks

Just wondering if anyone has done the assessment with cregg recently?If so how does it go?

Also will I wear casual clothes(chinos and a jumper) or a suit to the assessment?

Any help would be appriciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

You definitely don't have to wear a suit to the assessment!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

I recently did the assessment, interview and medical with Medtronic and still didn't get the job. Can't understand how or why.

But you can wear casual clothes for the assessment, but wear a suit for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Trompette

Hi Sofa King,

Could you give us some details regarding the assessment and interview.
    Did you get a psychometric test? What type? Maths, personality? What type of question? How long?
    Interview: How long? How many people? What questions?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Sofa King wrote: »
    I recently did the assessment, interview and medical with Medtronic and still didn't get the job. Can't understand how or why.

But you can wear casual clothes for the assessment, but wear a suit for interview.

I passed all of the above many weeks ago and still haven't got the go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭salmon1

I passed all of the above many weeks ago and still haven't got the go ahead.

I just did the assessment recently,im just wondering how long did it take from the assessment to the interview process and the medical?

cheers for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

salmon1 wrote: »
    I just did the assessment recently,im just wondering how long did it take from the assessment to the interview process and the medical?

cheers for the help

One week from the assessment to the interview and about 4-5 days for the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Hi all, with medtronic do you just drop in your own CV or is there an application form that you have to fill in?

For an operator position that is. And what's the duration of contracts like?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

For operator jobs do you apply through the medtronic site or though cregg? cant see it anytime i check cregg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tintin14

Sofa King wrote: »

Hi Sofa-king, I was wondering if you have heard anything yet about the job in Medtronic? I recently completed the assessment, interview and medical and was under the assumption that I would have heard something at this stage and still two weeks later I haven't heard anything. It's incredibly frustrating as I believed that they were seeking to employ people as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Roversfc

tintin14 wrote: »
    Hi Sofa-king, I was wondering if you have heard anything yet about the job in Medtronic? I recently completed the assessment, interview and medical and was under the assumption that I would have heard something at this stage and still two weeks later I haven't heard anything. It's incredibly frustrating as I believed that they were seeking to employ people as soon as possible.

Hi tintin14 was just wondering have you heard back from medtronic or Cregg since you done your medical? I done my medical last week and still haven't heard anything I also taught they were looking to employ people asap

Advertisement