Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

in fairness, if it involves making a balls of something in new and surprising ways, battlefield 4 has excelled in this area. :pac:

Oh most definitely if theres one game that can do it its BF4. I imagine they will patch out the last patch to fix what they patched out shortly :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I was considering getting this game to play online. I stayed away cause of all the issues i heard of. But someone told me they have all been fixed now. Is this true? Or should i save myself the 30 bucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

EyeSight wrote: »
    I was considering getting this game to play online. I stayed away cause of all the issues i heard of. But someone told me they have all been fixed now. Is this true? Or should i save myself the 30 bucks?

what platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

It hasn't been fixed totally, but there have been major improvements, with more in the pipeline for not too distant release.
    If you're on PC it's 15euro on amazon right now, more than worth it at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

what platform?
    Xbox One. Sorry I should have specified

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

It's better, not fixed by far just better than it was

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Try picking it up secondhand if you can. As miju said it's getting better. For 30 quid I'd say it's worth a gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

22000 Pc players online currently. Massive player fall rate in the last couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

How about BF3 on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Big upswing in BF3 numbers since they gave it away for free on origin a few weeks back.
    About 30k PC players on line right now.

• Advertisement

I wonder did I mention how much I love BF3 before? I love BF3. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

The Red wrote: »
    How about BF3 on PC?

Well, its the best Battlefield IMO, and PC is the correct platform. So I say yes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've been trying to give the CTE a go. It's a lot better than vanilla but the game is still just horrible to play. So much random ****e going on that it's just a cluster**** each time.

IMO it's broken beyond repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Four of us meet up most nights around 9:30 and play until 11:30 ish and while all four of us have had some issue at one stage or another none of these lasted long and none of us have had any problems since that last patch .

Technically it's mostly fine, I still get killed around corners and the usual crap, but that's not going to change.

The game just isn't fun for me. The non existent TTK, sluggish movement, still excessive screen shake, the horrid killcam, the IMHO ugly art style and terrible maps just continually piss me off.

The game encourages camping and discourages even attempting to PTFO. It's like they took everything that annoyed me about BF3 and distilled it down into this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I miss the bf3 maps. Siene Crossing, Ziba Towers, ScrapMetal, Grand Bazaar & Noshahr Canals were just fun maps. Regret selling my 360 now :(

So today I uninstalled BF4 (think the CTE is still there) and reinstalled BC2.
    It's like chalk and cheese. I've had sooo much fun today!

I did the same but with BF3 and BC2 over the weekend. Dumped them both onto the HDD and put BF4 onto the ssd. Played a few rounds, got agitated and swapped them back. BF3 and BC2 back on ssd.

Ill wait for Dragons Teef.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

A weird one on BF4 last night, everytime i aimed down the sight the auto aim kept moving just left or right of the person, it was annoying as hell but I got used to it. I was playing on ps4 and a few people mentioned it while playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

autoaim?? Euuuch why on earth would anyone want to play with something like that, I want full control, anything less is hacky!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

autoaim?? Euuuch why on earth would anyone want to play with something like that, I want full control, anything less is hacky!

i keep forgetting to turn it off tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Its a console thang man, you wouldn't need it on PC as M/KB is so accurate...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Fieldog wrote: »
    Its a console thang man, you wouldn't need it on PC as M/KB is so accurate...
    Off-topic, but this is why I'm going to wait for GTA on the PC. Auto-aim just seems so wrong, esp after going from a BF4 hardcore server to console GTA :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

the_syco wrote: »
    Off-topic, but this is why I'm going to wait for GTA on the PC. Auto-aim just seems so wrong, esp after going from a BF4 hardcore server to console GTA :P
    I always have it turned off.. That explains my kill death ratio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I'm on console and I despise the concept of autoaim. Shouldn't even be a function in a FPS to be honest. Simply saying 'well everyone has the option to use it' doesn't really justify it either.
    DICE are currently looking into the idea of making aim assist a server side option so I'm really hopeful it gets the go ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I'm on console and I despise the concept of autoaim. Shouldn't even be a function in a FOS to be honest. Simply saying 'well everyone has the option to use it' doesn't really justify it either.
    DICE are currently looking into the idea of making aim assist a server side option so I'm really hopeful it gets the go ahead :)

It definitely shouldn't be allowed on hardcore mode on any servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

So tell me gamers of Boards , its been more than 2 months without actually turning on my PC to play BF4(or any game for that matter), I actually haven't even read a post or article about gaming either, I am sure there was some withdrawals symptoms and they must have been bad as I would say it blocked out the memories .

Have I actually missed anything ?, Has the game been fixed and improved or dumped and abandoned . And should I continue with my new found freedom or return to the Drug that is killing ppl online :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

It's working fine for me but then I didn't have the problems that some of the other did . There was a patch recently that fixed issues for people but my suggestion would be ..... take the rest of the summer off.............line and enjoy yourself , we will all still be here in September .

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Joeface wrote: »
    Have I actually missed anything ?, Has the game been fixed and improved or dumped and abandoned . And should I continue with my new found freedom or return to the Drug that is killing ppl online :D

No recent problems for me, getting bored of the maps but at 600hrs you'd expect that. I'd wait until Tuesday before updating because the Dragons Teeth DLC (yay, new maps) is out then and there'll probably be a patch for the base game then also.

Return to the drug, it's been ages since I've killed you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Numbers are dropping off in the CTE since their patching it every Tuesday & Friday. If I'd installed the patch released on Tuesday that would have been a 15gb download. Another patch last night now makes its 30gb of a patch to be downloaded. :mad:

Advertisement