Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yeah, some of the mods for it are fun. It's a bit of a switch from BF4 though, you'll be fustrated for a while by the whole "where the feck is everyone *bang, dead* where the hell did that come from?" thing. It's like switching from CoD to BF4, only more so because you're going from a FPS to a sim and they're a whole other genre. Watch this for a decent enough intro/tutorial:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Cool, Ill suss it out and see if im ready to make the upgrade.. I tend to play games in shortish bursts though due to family life so this might be a loooong learning curve... but I know I prefer the wait and think tactic based games than the run and gun madness of cod / new battlefield games.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's very very very wait-and-think-and-plan. Though some mods like Battle Royale are a bit more active, even they're nowhere near as mad as a BF4 round.

Sold. Ill be on it tonight. Throwing random grenades at nothing and going prone while trying to get over a fence.

Ok I know this is not the place for it, but while im chatting ye and I need some feedback really quickly, can anyone tell me if there will be any issues with this build? Its for my little cousin, I will have an old hd 6870 to go into it for him..

Sorry again for posting this here but I need advice soon as he wants to order today...

http://i60.tinypic.com/v7cpw8.jpg

probably go for the cheaper Antec case?

Any help would be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

bue8.jpg

This happened to everyone on the server, could shoot tru it which was weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LimeTimee

The game is still broken after 9 months...

Ive gone back to BF3 until This is all sorted... or till Dragons Teeth arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

The best camper yet....

Playing Paracel rush and 5 of us were in the transport chopper and he dropped the team off at the objective, all bar me (I was on the guns) and another... the chopper then proceeded to go back to spawn where the other jumped down to snipe and the chopper went off...

Yes, they went out of their way to go back 500 metres to snipe away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

BF4 has so many issues I actually went and bought Call of Duty :O

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Dcully wrote: »

True story.

I do feel that bad company 2 was better than both and had the best maps overall. Won't be getting good hardline that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ah man. I still get annoyed at how cheated we were on Bf4. Had such high hopes. Even for the campaign for once. Its gonna go down as probably the biggest gaming disappointment ever (for me)

True story.

I do feel that bad company 2 was better than both and had the best maps overall. Won't be getting good hardline that's for sure.

While I'm really gonna hold off giving money to DICE/EA again. I really hope Visceral can make a game of BF again. Imagine if Hardline turned out good and we could all call a mulligan on BF4

• Registered Users Posts: 22,264 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Has anyone else been having problems with the BF4 multiplayer servers on Xbox 360 for the last few days?
    Every server is reporting a connection of only 1 bar and this is with the filter set to EU only.

I've checked my internet connection and I'm getting a ping of 45ms

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I am having plenty of problems on the PS3 - rarely getting more than two or three games on the trot with a freeze - some in-game freezes but mostly during the points sliders after the battle.

Really driving me nuts... why so broken. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I actually went back to play BF4 last night for an hour or so for the giggles.

Well I say giggles it really wasnt and I say play but the OHK is still rampent too , uninstalled again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Hey guys.
    Posting on behalf of my brother.
    Right to we play BF4 on xbox live on the 360. Normally we have the ususal problems of lagg,rubberbanding and random dawnbreaker crashes. (funny if we avoid dawnbreaker its normally fine)
    Anyway so now he is having a strange problem.
    He can log onto live nobother, joins our live chat and loads up BF4. however when he tries to join our game things go well until the map appears. His internet connection cuts out and hes gone. Now i mean his actual router stops and resets. Other games work no problem. This only happens in BF4.
    Has anyone ever heard of a problem like this?
    The other 4 or 5 of us that play together have no issues like that and we are all using the same internet provider and the same hardware.
    Any ideas?
    Akrasia wrote: »
    Has anyone else been having problems with the BF4 multiplayer servers on Xbox 360 for the last few days?
    Every server is reporting a connection of only 1 bar and this is with the filter set to EU only.

I've checked my internet connection and I'm getting a ping of 45ms

Mines has been the same but hasnt made any difference.

I've experienced and heard of ALOT of problems with BF4 but never this one or anything sounding like it.

Genuinely cant see how a game could be causing a router to hard reset

miju wrote: »
    I've experienced and heard of ALOT of problems with BF4 but never this one or anything sounding like it.

Genuinely cant see how a game could be causing a router to hard reset

I know it sounds crazy but thats whats happening. It really is the strangest thing. Hes gona call sky and see what they say.

Sounds like something is causing the router to get "flooded" then hang and restart itself really cant see it being BF4 this one but you never know

True story.

Ive just been getting back into BF3 lately and shunning 4 but I have been dipping in and out of BC2 too and its damn good. I feel like a kid in some kind of store with all these new maps and whatnot with BC2 and to a lesser extent BF3. Some of the BF3 maps, I havent even played yet.. :D And a LOT of the BC2 ones I havent seen too.

Long months and years more to go with these two games I think. Oh and 2142!... jesus I think I may quit the job..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Still playing BF4. Find I play on the one server, as there's usually admins online who kick & ban those who deserve it. Have found other servers destroyed by one eejit, so I tend to stay on the one server.

Sounds like something is causing the router to get "flooded" then hang and restart itself really cant see it being BF4 this one but you never know

This is what Sky have suggested to him. They said they will monitor his line for a few days and see when i cuts out.
    Next up hes gona call microsoft.

Sounds obvious but is there any thing else on the network that could be the root cause?

On topic, there was a brief but glorious return of a squad of us on BF4 last night.It played alot better than the weekend so it's obviously at the BF3 stage of deciding when it wants to work or not.

Progress for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

He can log onto live nobother, joins our live chat and loads up BF4. however when he tries to join our game things go well until the map appears. His internet connection cuts out and hes gone. Now i mean his actual router stops and resets. Other games work no problem. This only happens in BF4.
    Can ye have a BF4 console LAN? May be worth checking ruling out the game. Also, can he play single player okay?

Right so he got the problem resolved with the aid of Microsoft support.

They said in such games as BF4 there is a massive, continuous flow of data that can sometimes get backed up and congested resulting in a disconnect from the network. Not only BF4 but in this instance it was BF4.

In the end all he had to do was disconnect from live, restore the xbox 360 network settings to default and then reconnect to the wireless connection as if from new.

We got him back in our squad last night and the 5 of us decimated a 200% tickets conquest on Golmud Railway. Good times. When this game actually works it is very good.

Just thought id pop this in incase anyone ever has the same problem.

Its strange though that its just BF4 setting it off and not other games

Happens with loads of unfinished games. DayZ was doing it flat out to older routers when it had a memory leak. Mind you that game is in Alpha and got rid of those issues. Just lucky its not an overly common issue with BF4 because clearly it wouldn't have been fixed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

in fairness, if it involves making a balls of something in new and surprising ways, battlefield 4 has excelled in this area. :pac: