Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete Indian Meal

Options
  • 10-07-2014 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm cooking for some friends and want to make tasty food so i decided to come here and ask the experts opinions :) There are lots online but I'd prefer to get some hints and tips here from real people :D

I cook curries quite often but no creamy ones and have most spices that I might need.

I'm going to cook a few different things so here my ideas.

1 - Chicken pakora. Starter

2 - Onion Bhaji. Starter

3 - Looking to make a creamy chicken curry with coconut cream instead of milk or yoghurt. Any ideas? Main

4 - Chana Massala ( Chickpea curry ). Side dish

5 - Potato aloo. Side dish

If anyone has any tried and tested recipes or suggestions they would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lucy B

I have no worthwhile advice but sounds delicious!!!

Think Jamie Oliver has a nice onion bhajii recipe if you do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Here's an onion bhaji recipe I've used loads of times that's very good.

http://jeenaskitchen.blogspot.ie/2007/12/onion-bhaji-recipe.html?m=1

I make these indian flatbreads as well - really easy and can be made in advance and reheated.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2064/flatbread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Looks lovely

Some pudding rice as a dessert?

Will put a nice cap on any stomach action

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There are some really good recipes in the Cooking Club forum - especially those posted by Curry Addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

If you're looking for a creamy curry with coconut milk, I'd go Thai style.
    Lemongrass, galangal (powder), ginger, garlic, coriander seed, lime juice, kaffir lime leaves, some fish sauce, palm sugar, chile to tatse. Maybe fenugreek and cardoman, basically anything fragrant rather than earthy (cumin, turmeric etc.)

Chicken and prawns go well with this style and you can lash in some green beans and courgette too. Coriander leaf and a splash of lime to serve.

Google Tom Kha Gai to get a gooch at it.

F.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

But that wouldn't fit in with the rest of the meal & it would be pointless to stick a Thai dish in when there are plenty of 'creamy' Indian curries to choose from. Eg, Butter chicken, kormas, bhunas, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I always keep a lot of spices myself but sometimes want an easy option - but can so recommend the spice packets by Green Saffron. I made Madras and Tikka Masala and red lentil dahl with their spice mixes and they were so easy to follow but tasted amazing.

Advertisement