Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin/Strava Problems

Options
  • 10-07-2014 9:20am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any one having issues uploading to Strava today?

Tried my 810 on a mac and pc with the latest software and cant upload. The computer doesn't even recognise the 810

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

If the computer doesn't recognise the 810 it'll be a computer problem, not the Strava or Garmin websites. Does it show as a connected USB device if you look under the network folders?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

If one computer didn't recognize it I would say its a computer problem but two computers on two different operating systems don't recognize it.

Doesnt show up as a usb device

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Are you using the Garmin lead or another one? My 500 is very particular about the Garmin lead, and refuses to work with any of the others I have

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

yeah only have on cable for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

If neither computer recognise it did it have its hair done maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

Do this and it will pick it up. My 810 got soaked one day and I have to do this all the time now

Force to Mass Storage -

Turn unit off. Hold the lap/reset button while plugging the unit into the USB. Continue holding the lap/reset for 30 seconds and the unit should go to mass storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

When you say it doesn't show up as a USB device, do you mean you can't see it in Windows file Explorer (computer or device problem), or it's not appearing as a device in a browser window (possibly a plugin problem).

its not showing up full stop on eithe rmac/windows

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

Did that work?

cheerspal wrote: »
    Did that work?

In work.now. will try later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Having some issues with my 500, seems to be stuck on the queued part of the upload. Says the file has uploaded on the Garmin but theres nothing on my Strava

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Had that last night. If it doesn't show up in activities wait a while and try again - mine was telling me it was duplicate after an upload failed to show but waited 30 mins tried again and it uploaded fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Happened me last night and I lost the ride it uploaded as 0.1km

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

I had this issue with Strava a while back. Try it in Google Chrome rather than IE (assuming that's what you're using). That's the only way I can get mine to upload to Strava

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Had a few troubles getting the PC to recognise the garmin. I cleaned the connectors with some nail polish remover (borrowed from lady nmg I hasten to add) and all ok since.

tried it this morning. no issues and i didnt do anything different to yesterday. strange one

Advertisement