Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignorant stupid neighbours.

Options
  • 27-06-2014 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Some idiot has left their side gate open and it keeps banging every few minutes which is setting my dog off in my house.

Every time it bangs the dog is barking and jumping.

Im probably in for a whole night of this while my ignorant neighbour is probably snoring away oblivious to their stupidity.
    Give me strength.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

egghead. wrote: »
    Some idiot has left their side gate open and it keeps banging every few minutes which is setting my dog off in my house.

Im probably in for a whole night of this while my ignorant neighbour is probably snoring away oblivious to their stupidity.
    Give me strength.

Get up off your butt and go close it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

The joys of the semi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

Get up off your butt and go close it.

It's the house at the back of me, would have to climb walls and that, no doubt I'd end up been arrested in my bare feet and t shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Take the dog up to bed.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

The neighbour from Purgatory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Egg their house

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

It's the house at the back of me, would have to climb walls and that, no doubt I'd end up been arrested in my bare feet and -t- night shirt.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

But what if someone has sneaked in to your neighbour's back garden to rob the place and that's why your dog's going mental?

I wouldn't give a fuck either tbh.

MacBizzle wrote: »
    Take the dog up to bed.

:p

That's where she is and always sleeps which doesn't help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

To be fair OP, its not the biggest neighbourly indiscretion to have ever happened.
    Accidents happen and a gate can forgot to be closed.
    Its not like they are having night after night of drink and drug fuelled orgies where anything can happen including all manners of deviancy.
    If this ever occurs, pm the address :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Let your dog in and don't have it annoying your neighbors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Give me strength.

Is your dog on a timer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Welcome to life, immediate neighbours are always assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

It's the house at the back of me, would have to climb walls and that, no doubt I'd end up been arrested in my bare feet and t shirt.

If you would consider climbing walls and scrambling across gardens wearing nothing but a t-shirt, not even a pair of shoes, i think a barking dog is the least of your problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Instead of complaining on boards lay the smackdown.

Or go close the gate and say it to them 2moro

Whatever floats your boat

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Let your dog in and don't have it annoying your neighbors.

My dog is always in it is never outside at night ever, it sleeps down the end of my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

A barking dog is a hell of a lot more annoying than a gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Egg their house

Burn it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Get some earplugs and your problem is solved. Just be careful not to stick then too far into your dogs ears and he will sleep peacefully afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

well did you survive??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Simple solution.

Get up, close gate. Assuming side gate is wooden glue the gate closed. Never happen again. Plus he'll learn a lesson, Never leave your side gate open.

In saying that your neighbours are probably in bed complaining about the "poxy barking dog".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Mickey H wrote: »
    Is your dog on a timer?

It's on a PIR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Couldnt sleep last night, my maniacal neighbor has trained his dog to open my gate & he spent the night barking at his successful new trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

My dog is always in it is never outside at night ever, it sleeps down the end of my bed.

There is the problem ,your dog's a wimp , And it's your fault,You have made him/her too soft , Leave him/her outside where all dogs belong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

Leaving a gate open is hardly a massive indescretion.

Get one of those anti bark collars for the dog which emits an unpleasant but harmless smell which makes the dog stop barking. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Our next door neighbour is like that. They got the heaviest frigging gate they could and yet seem incapable of closing it properly, especially when they've been drinking. It's all very well for people to say oh, just go and close it, but when you're in bed and it's pissing down outside it's a pain in the ass to have to get out of bed and go out in the rain to close someone else's gate. We've had to do it many times over the years. Try it sometime and see how trivial you find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Leave him/her outside where all dogs belong.

you say that now, but wait till the outside dogs start barking, then you'll wish they were indoors.

true story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

also, OP, i find it weird that both you and your dog can hear the door and find it super annoying, but the neighbours (who are presumably in their house) cant.

maybe you should consider its your dog thats annoying you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

folan wrote: »
    also, OP, i find it weird that both you and your dog can hear the door and find it super annoying, but the neighbours (who are presumably in their house) cant.

maybe you should consider its your dog thats annoying you
    Maybe they sleep at the other side of the house and don't hear it as much as the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

The joys of the semi.

I dont understand how this was getting you aroused

Advertisement