Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberties College- Liberal Arts

Options
  • 19-06-2014 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I got accepted into the Liberal arts course in Liberties college and I'm pretty excited about going!

I was just wondering if anyone else is going here too or if anyone who has been to either the college or also did the course has any advice and could tell me a bit about the college itself and the course.

Thanks Guys! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

I teach in Liberties College. I'm still relatively new (5 years there) and I love the place. Highlights of going there for me:
    • Location - Right in the city centre, I usually have my lunch in St Patricks park or Camden street depending on the weather.
    • Building - The main building is very impressive and great to work in
    • Students - 900 students, from every age, background and experience level
    • Facilities - 2 buildings, 4 computer rooms, with 100k spent on IT in the last 2 years alone, 2 canteens and lots more
    • Graduation - You get to graduate in St. Patricks Cathedral, it's a really amazing experience.

Liberal Arts specifically is a great course. It's more academic and we always have very energetic students. We have links with Trinity, a week long European exchange program and great teachers on that course.

The college is open all summer, you should go in for a look around the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Xshannymcx

Thanks for your reply!
    It really sounds great and I can't wait for September.
    I have only ever been once and that was for my interview so I do intend to go in and have a look around.
    Two Buildings? I meant to ask about that. On my letter it says to go to Marks Alley West (Off Francis Street). Is that close to the main building or somewhere else? (Or is it the main building and am I completely wrong?)

The European exchange programme sounds interesting! I didn't hear about that before.
    Thank you for your answers!
    Shannon

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Your tutor can fill you in on exchanges. The Liberal Arts guys are always going on day trips, should be a busy year!

The other building is about a 5 minute walk away. Just go to the main building and they can give you directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 userofnames123

I'm in liberal arts too!! (:

Advertisement