Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

It not an exclusive "Bargain" to Tesco but saw it in Tesco yesterday.

Robinsons New Squash'd 66ml, it's the new drink that you squeeze into bottles of water.
    Not sure if it's the same price everywhere but it was €2.89 in Tesco.
    Normally these drinks are €1 - €2 per litre.
    At €2.89, it works out at €43.70 :eek: per litre according to the tag!
    Is this a pricing mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Robinsons New Squash'd 66ml, it's the new drink that you squeeze into bottles of water.

Concentrated I think, enough to make 20, 250ml glasses of juice is the disclaimer on the pack, it is £2 in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

CH3OH wrote: »
    309136.jpg

McVities Rich Tea

100% extra free and only €1

The twin pack beside them is €3.75

Bought these for a change, but I ad to ave calculator on and today for shopping!!,

When not on special offer have to buy tesco ! As I did today

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Bought these for a change, but I ad to ave calculator on and today for shopping!!,

These were beside double pack for over three quid, himself live them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its the new product- its not carried by Musgraves (yet) and the other multiple don't stock it anyway. Anywhere between Eur 2 and 3 is probably a normal price for this. To be honest- you're paying a massive premium for the packaging........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Its the new product- its not carried by Musgraves (yet) and the other multiple don't stock it anyway. Anywhere between Eur 2 and 3 is probably a normal price for this. To be honest- you're paying a massive premium for the packaging........

Been in Maynooth for about 6 weeks now it is not in the drinks section it is on a couple of the checkouts next to the chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Been in Maynooth for about 6 weeks now it is not in the drinks section it is on a couple of the checkouts next to the chocolate.

Same in Cabra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Fiolina wrote: »
    Tesco Kilbarrack have the most random reductions at the moment...I also got a few packs of 2 bulbs for 10c (someone had mentioned them here). These are great because they fit in my Ikea lamps and they are usually dear enough.
    Are they the screw-in type or bayonet type? What brand are they? Looked for marked down bulbs in my local Tesco and only found Solus bulbs in the clearance section, marked down from €2.99 to €2, which I don't think is much of a deal.

Its the suggested POS location for the product.
    Its probably the same in most stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

leck wrote: »
    Are they the screw-in type or bayonet type? What brand are they? Looked for marked down bulbs in my local Tesco and only found Solus bulbs in the clearance section, marked down from €2.99 to €2, which I don't think is much of a deal.

They are screw in, Tesco own brand. They are only 25 watt but perfect for my lamp and for 10c you can't go wrong. They were in basket down the back of the shop in with de-icer (50c).

They are screw in, Tesco own brand. They are only 25 watt but perfect for my lamp and for 10c you can't go wrong. They were in basket down the back of the shop in with de-icer (50c).

25W?
    I'd be blind if I tried to read with a 25 watt light bulb. The minimum for reading really is 40W. 25W might do as a nightlight.

25W?
    I'd be blind if I tried to read with a 25 watt light bulb. The minimum for reading really is 40W. 25W might do as a nightlight.

Lol so would I! The lamps are really only ornamental with paper shades so the 25w does the job.

Looked for them again today - no luck, only Solus bulbs in clearance area and no 25 watt bulbs of any brand in the hardware section.

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Tilda 250g Microwaveable Rice Pouches.

Normal retail - €2.29 each

They were on promotion last week at half price - €1.14 each (which was a bargain)

Now on promotion at 3 for €2.00 . Thought it was 3 for 2, but no......3 for €2.00.

Bought 21 packs in tesco merrion.

Full retail price €48.09
    Half price €23.88
    Current deal: €14.00
    Found Tilda Easy Cook Long Grain Rice 500g in clearance area for 75c.

This item.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

qOW8Bph.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Tesco CREE Aluminium Torch (2AA) now €7, was €14.

surprisingly bright, site says 1watt but seems brighter than the much bigger 2D 3 watt version. (must check my batteries)

the 2D ones are €11.50 now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,290 ✭✭✭CH3OH

IDShot_225x225.jpgIDShot_225x225.jpgIDShot_225x225.jpg

8 coke x 330 mL €3 until 17 Jun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Premier Milk, 2L €1.89 in Ballybrack, that's 56C cheaper than their own brand

jpfahy wrote: »

Tesco own brand 2l is €1.69 is it not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

jpfahy wrote: »
    2L tesco milk is cheaper than that! Creamfields 2litre milk is €1.49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

CH3OH wrote: »
    IDShot_225x225.jpgIDShot_225x225.jpgIDShot_225x225.jpg

8 coke x 330 mL €3 until 17 Jun

The 16 pack is just inside the door in Athlone at a special offer of 7 euro on display. The 8 packs for 3 euro in the drinks section.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

foggy_lad wrote: »
    2L tesco milk is cheaper than that! Creamfields 2litre milk is €1.49

and creamfields is also actually tesco, its one of their "semi-phantom" brands, i.e. only reading the small print do you find out its tesco. One of the proper phantom brands is chokablok icecream, i.e. I don't think it has any mention of being tesco.

Creamfields cheese & milk are usually cheaper than tesco standard brand, and I prefer a lot of these semi-phantom brands. They have a "curry leaf" brand of sauces which are priced inbetween value and standard tesco stuff. If you examine & compare the ingredients you would think the curry leaf brand should cost more, i.e. higher amounts of expensive ingredients and less diluted.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Interesting you mention that ice-cream, I wouldn't usually check but assumed that it was a Tesco brand...must be the packaging. I find it ok value wise but definitely prefer the other ice creams of that kind

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

Rose plants various types €2.12 Tesco Maynooth
    7DF48EEDF0EE4FD18158C9B7B77F111A-0000314402-0003579793-00500L-39016206871A4476B5CFB156DFDC940B.jpg

68AF8853C3AE47738C9F799E98EC0C42-0000314402-0003579794-00640L-8261574B66B44A86906E974B4EA2161B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭annash

Carlow today - Thorntons Premium Collection You're My Mum 339G

€2.50

Up on tesco.ie website too, but won't let me post link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

rubadub wrote: »
    and creamfields is also actually tesco, its one of their "semi-phantom" brands, i.e. only reading the small print do you find out its tesco. One of the proper phantom brands is chokablok icecream, i.e. I don't think it has any mention of being tesco.

Creamfields cheese & milk are usually cheaper than tesco standard brand, and I prefer a lot of these semi-phantom brands. They have a "curry leaf" brand of sauces which are priced inbetween value and standard tesco stuff. If you examine & compare the ingredients you would think the curry leaf brand should cost more, i.e. higher amounts of expensive ingredients and less diluted.

I've been a creamfields man since they introduced it, coincidentally it was created around the time of the great milk price wars of 2013. I've never noticed a difference and can't think of what the difference could be (apart from 20c). Does Creamfields allow them to import from the north (being a durty nordie, I'm all for it)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Doge

33% off on Tesco Klipfresh food containers instore, valid til the 11th:

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=klipfresh

210-4732_PI_TPS1135372?wid=493&ht=538

Picked up 6 yesterday!

The build quality of these are fantastic and they really seal things in air tight.

I filled them up with water and shook them a lot and not a drop came out.

They seal even better than Tupperware's range.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    I've been a creamfields man since they introduced it, coincidentally it was created around the time of the great milk price wars of 2013. I've never noticed a difference and can't think of what the difference could be (apart from 20c). Does Creamfields allow them to import from the north (being a durty nordie, I'm all for it)?

The Creamfields Mature Cheddar is really good and a bargain too..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

In the current Tesco magazine there's a €2 off voucher for Amstel Radler multipack, pdf is for illustrative purposes only, t&c's state the original voucher from magazine must be used, and the multipacks are on offer currently - http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=Radler

I'm biased as I'm a lemon addict, but had some Wednesday and thought they were grand, definitely a summer drink, very refreshing. €5.50 for 6 is not bad going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement