Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you be rejected from volunteering?

Options
  • 24-04-2014 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Can you be rejected from volunteering if they thought you were not trustworthy?
    It just that the first time I volunteered was for a once-off event a year ago, and they messaged me through voicemail to ring back and ask how I got on, but for some reason I never rand them back them.I think I had othr stuff going on
    I didn't do anymore work for them because I moved to another county for college. Now I am applying for more charity shop work for the summer as well as a few more once-offs once I move back, but now I am afraid they might not consider me if they thought I was frustating to get in contact with, even though I would consider myself more focused and willing to help out.
    I mean I know if this was a paying job, you would not be considered at all to come back if you had bad skills at communicating, so how strict would the volunteer centres be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Organisations that provide voluntary services need to be beyond reeproach so yes they are very selective and will reject candidates if there is any doubt over their suitability. In your case I cant see why there would be a problem. The basic principal of volunteering is giving up your time and sometimes resources in aid of a cause, you where not in a position to give your time last year but you are free now. So unless you have a criminal record or did something daft in your last place then I cant see any issue.

Advertisement