Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rev

Options
  • 26-07-2010 10:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

Just watching this show on BBC2. Its very good. What does anyone else think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This was back tonight on BBC 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Love it.

I think the secret to Rev isn't the cast or the script both of which are above average but the locations and the way they are filmed, you really get a sense of a working vicar in a plausible environment even though I'm quite sure location spotters will tell me that the church and chez Smallbone are in fact miles apart and there is no way Colin could or indeed could walk from one to the other to cadge a quick fag/meal/cuppa tea/lie on the sofa/bath.

Tonights episode was a delight, when Lucy Liemanns headmistress leaned forward with her chest between her elbows I dunno how he didn't seek a peek to be honest. A truly selfless man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Didn't know the second series was on. Will download. Such a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

mike65 wrote: »
    Love it.

I think the secret to Rev isn't the cast or the script both of which are above average but the locations and the way they are filmed, you really get a sense of a working vicar in a plausible environment even though I'm quite sure location spotters will tell me that the church and chez Smallbone are in fact miles apart and there is no way Colin could or indeed could walk from one to the other to cadge a quick fag/meal/cuppa tea/lie on the sofa/bath.

Tonights episode was a delight, when Lucy Liemanns headmistress leaned forward with her chest between her elbows I dunno how he didn't seek a peek to be honest. A truly selfless man.

Tom hollander is more than above average.

Last series along wit The Limmy Show, Bellamy's People and Grandma's house gave me hope for the future of British comedy.

No he is isn't :) It is quite impossible to be more than above average, one is either above average, average or below average.

Here is a picture of Lucy Liemann :)

290175d1279372196-lucy-liemann-crowd-screencaps-5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Nice... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

mike65 wrote: »
    No he is isn't :) It is quite impossible to be more than above average, one is either above average, average or below average.

Here is a picture of Lucy Liemann :)

290175d1279372196-lucy-liemann-crowd-screencaps-5.jpg
    I have as the kids say been served:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

Confirmed for a third series but not till 2014
    Award-winning comedy Rev is being resurrected for another series.

The show, which stars Tom Hollander as inner-city vicar Adam Smallbone and Olivia Colman as his wife, will be filmed next year and broadcast on BBC2 in 2014.

Producer Kenton Allen said: "Such is the brilliance of the Rev cast that getting everyone back together for further adventures is always challenging. But I'm delighted that we've managed to get Adam and his congregation back into church for what I hope will be an extraordinary third season of a show that is extremely special for all those involved."

The show won best sitcom at the last year's TV Bafta awards.

BBC2 controller Janice Hadlow said: "We're absolutely delighted to have Rev back on the channel. It's one of the real comedy jewels in BBC2's crown."

Hollander has revealed he has become a churchgoer since playing the beleaguered vicar in the hit show.

He said: "I believe in the idea of God now. Since doing Rev I believe in what the idea of God represents, but I can't say anything more concrete than that."
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/rev-up-for-third-series-of-sitcom-7998861.html

Rev converts! :D

Good to see it'll be returning, the second series wasn't quite as good but the rest may help the writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Rev is back (at last!) for Series 3 tonight

11.20pm on BBC2 Northern Ireland
    10pm on the other BBC2 regions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0178fhq

• Advertisement

AS the image above has vanished.

smnxs-MVP00005.jpg

Skid X wrote: »
    Rev is back (at last!)

There will be more of a wait after this series.
    Rev star Tom Hollander has revealed the hit BBC comedy will take a break after its third series, due this spring.

However Hollander gave Rev fans hope it may return in the future for a one-off special or another series.

"He's not killed off forever - but for the time being, we've told the story of Adam and Alex and the people who live in this parish," he said.

An American version of the show is also currently in development, set in a deprived neighbourhood of Chicago, with both Hollander and Woods as consultants.

Rev: Third series will be its last 'for the time being'

Enjoyable, and it catches the current vogue for uncertainty within the CoE with respect of a rapidly changing demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Skid X wrote: »
    Rev is back (at last!) for Series 3 tonight

11.20pm on BBC2 Northern Ireland
    10pm on the other BBC2 regions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0178fhq

And those crazy Nordies stuck in another regional programme so it's now on at 11.50pm

You would think they would like programmes about Anglican Ministers. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Really liking the darker tone of this season. It's a very well done show with a very nice balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It's my favourite sitcom at the moment. The appearance of Liam Neeson as God in a shell suit was just the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Especially great episode tonight.
    I doubt there are many contemporary shows that could merit such cameo appearances.
    So relieved by the message at the end.
    I was afraid that was it.

It was great tonight, clearly Adam is reaching a turning point. It took me moment to realise
    who the trackie was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Neeson must have done it through the Fiennes / Schindler connection. Although I always did think he had a little Charlton Heston waiting to get out.
    Most under-rated show on UK TV at the moment. Funny feeling that people will be watching re-runs in 20 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

It's been very good from the start and really outstanding now.

The obvious, but still funny, references to the Passion in last nights episode were very well done - the washing of hands, denying him 3 times, the darkness in the tomb of the church, the betrayal...

Wonder what the ressurection will be like.

I like the authentic air about it - the trials and bureacracy of COE life, no doubt due to the large number of Revs listed in the credits as advisors.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Was this heavily promoted on television, cos I don't recall seeing anything over the past few weeks. I only realised Rev was even back when I saw a friend post about it on FB; though if BBC NI are broadcasting it at the tailend of the night, no wonder I've missed all the episodes.

For anyone reading this, who have yet to sample the show, seasons 1 and 2 are on UK/IE Netflix at the moment.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Was this heavily promoted on television, cos I don't recall seeing anything over the past few weeks. I only realised Rev was even back when I saw a friend post about it on FB; though if BBC NI are broadcasting it at the tailend of the night, no wonder I've missed all the episodes.

For anyone reading this, who have yet to sample the show, seasons 1 and 2 are on UK/IE Netflix at the moment.

I saw it on BBC2 at around 10pm last night...BBC NI services that is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Fair enough, a previous post said it was airing at 11.20 on BBC NI, guess that was a once-off. A crazy time otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

BBC2 NI was showing Scúp at 10pm last night.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Fair enough, a previous post said it was airing at 11.20 on BBC NI, guess that was a once-off. A crazy time otherwise.

11.50pm is it's usual timeslot on BBC2 NI.

It was on at 11.20pm once and 10.30pm once.

It always been on at 10.00pm on BBC2 London.

brian_t wrote: »
    11.50pm is it's usual timeslot on BBC2 NI.

It was on at 11.20pm once and 10.30pm once.

It always been on at 10.00pm on BBC2 London.

11:50?? Jeez, no wonder I missed it, that's a ludicrous time to schedule something of note, and another reason why I've stopped keeping up with shows as they air. Guess its iPlayer or Netflix for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

That'sl always the way with BBC NI. By the time they get their own programming done with and their extra news shows with their toy politicians, they always end up pushing the shcedule on.

evilivor wrote: »
    BBC2 NI was showing Scúp at 10pm last night.

I said around 10pm. it was defiently between 9pm and 10.30pm.

Edit: OK - it was 10.30pm (I was 30 minutes out) http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programmes/schedules/ni/2014/04/21

Last episode of the series is tonight.

I thought last week was the last so a nice surprise!

• Advertisement

On BBC2 at 10 tonight
    Don't know if it's a new series or repeat.

Advertisement