Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handstand tuition

Options
  • 24-03-2014 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭

Hi does anybody know of anywhere or any person who gives lessons in how to do a handstand? I've been doing yoga for over a year now and as part of the class our instructor gets us all to do a handstand. Pretty much everybody else has nailed it at this stage except me. Its very frustrating as Im pretty athletic and can do every other posture perfectly but this for whatever reason stumps me.
    I definitely need specific lessons in this as I feel like I've hit a block or something.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Why not talk to your instructor after class?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

Have you tried practising against a wall? There seem to be some good tips here: www.beastskills.com/the-handstand/

They also mention practising the yoga crow position will help your handstand prowess: www.wikihow.com/Do-the-Crow-Pose-%28Yoga%29

(Sorry - too new to do links.)

Advertisement