Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 month ban

Options
  • 16-04-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

hi,
    I recently received and served without complaint a 3 week ban from the thread "sexualisation of the st.patricks day parade" which I was the OP on.i received the ban for a completely unrelated comment I made in another thread months previously which was made in jest and did not offend anybody or the moderator in that thread when I made the comment.the moderator "dr.bollocko" decided that this unrelated and unflagged comment warrented a 3 week ban for me.
    when I asked the question why two other members who made personal insults against me,which I flagged for his attention,recieved a 24 hour ban in one case and no action taken in the other his replies were in the case of the 24 hour ban that it was "nothing to do with me" and in the case of no action taken he "didn't see the comment made to me" even though he was the moderator and I flagged it for his attention.
    I returned to the thread to make a final comment as OP when the ban was lifted and explained why I was making my comment at such a late date.i was not confrontational or nor did I use any foul language,i merely stated the facts.i was immediately banned for 3 MONTHS by the moderator "whoopsadaisydoodles".I was told that commenting on moderators is not allowed,which I admit I did not know at the time but now do,but I hope you can understand that the condescending nature of "dr.bollocko" angered me.
    I ask that this ban be rescinded or at least shortened as I feel it is overly harsh.
    thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi fran17,

Have you contacted the banning mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Hi,
    Yes I have been in contact with the moderator and have been given the reason that "you have been banned for ignoring the moderator's instructions".this I do not understand as I received no instructions from a moderator.this is extremely frustrating as I feel I am being singled out in the case of both bans purely for having a view that both moderator's oppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi fran,

I've been chatting with the mod and they apologize for not responding to your last pm. They had intended on doing so.

I think you now know not to comment on moderating on thread, if you have a grievance, other avenues are open to you.

With that in mind , the banning mod and I are in agreement that the ban should be lifted.

If this is agreeable to you, we can wrap this up.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

hi,
    yes this is satisfactory to me and I thank you for your understanding and fairness in this matter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement