Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brock vs Undertaker WM30 Discussion *WM30 Spoilers*

Options
  • 07-04-2014 3:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

BklYxcFIIAEjg2w.jpg

I know Undetaker is a tragic MMA mark but seriously. Brock???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I don't get it either, a match with a crap build, a crap match with an uninterested crowd and a snail's pace, 22 years build to throw it away on someone who might not even be on Raw tomorrow night. Punk must be absolutely raging, it could have been him last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I presume he finally though he couldn't do a good match. Even tonight was one of the poorer efforts in recent years, which is completely understandable. I know he should've put over Reigns or whoever but he probably physically couldn't go another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I ddon't mind the Streak being broken. But to lesnar is just stupid!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It was mental, poorly booked feud and bad match.

But I don't mind that it was the Beast that did it and I am glad it's over.

I don't think he could go amother year, too early for Reigns and no outstanding candidate to be the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

botch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Raf32 wrote: »
    botch?

Nah I think he be retiring on raw

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It seems that most peoples issues aren't that the streak is gone, but who it's gone to. Unless Lesnar comes back full time proper, there's no way to really capitalise on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Maybe this is another reason why punk walked

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think he has to be retiring. But this was a clustefukc of epic proportions. No build. The wrong guy. The onlynthing done right was the mic silence after the match ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Fr. Sensini

When it happened the first thing I thought was it's a botch and then I thought it was going to be a Dusty finish. More than likely Taker was due to go over and they realised he can't go any longer and this will be his last match. They are going to have to come up with something huge for Lesnar after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I wonder if Punk left because he found out part-timer Lesnar would end the streak instead of him a year earlier. Or at least the final straw. Would explain his silence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Also they never did the Cena-Undetaker Wrestlemania money match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

They wouldn't have had the 21-1 graphic ready so quick if it was a botch IMO

Maybe Taker only decided to end it recently? and it was too late to change any plans.

rovert wrote: »
    Also they never did the Cena-Undetaker Wrestlemania money match

The one that genuinely would have people wondering in the build up, since its Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I'm happy the streak ended but I didn't think they'd give it to Lesner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Angron wrote: »
    It seems that most peoples issues aren't that the streak is gone, but who it's gone to. Unless Lesnar comes back full time proper, there's no way to really capitalise on this.

I'd be shocked,he is on monster money just for parttime and some would argue the longer he has been here, the more star power he loses. Unless Taker can't go for another year, than its a silly choice and even then, if Taker knew before he came back this was it, should have given it to someone else and i like Brock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

BklXhN_CQAAmDMm.jpg

People are tweeting from the Silverdome that there's adults in tears leaving, chants of refund etc.

I hope this means there won't be a match with Sting the gasbag next year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Tis all a conspiracy,they've been planning it for years!

1c4748601c9e1fc83b31826adaef449e.jpg?itok=ri-a07nV

*probably not though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Should have ended the show on it. It deflated the crowd for a lot of the main event and while they got back into it, it paled completely to how over Bryan was with the same crowd two hours before.

Still though, that was hands down the most stunning moment i've watched in wrestling. Probably the most shocking since Montreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

spiralism wrote: »
    Should have ended the show on it. It deflated the crowd for a lot of the main event and while they got back into it, it paled completely to how over Bryan was with the same crowd two hours before.

Still though, that was hands down the most stunning moment i've watched in wrestling. Probably the most shocking since Montreal.
    So after Bryan wins the world title you don't think anyone would see a swerve coming having the streak match last??? Sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So after Bryan wins the world title you don't think anyone would see a swerve coming having the streak match last??? Sound!

You could have argued it could have gone last as Taker and Brock are arguably bigger draws than the 3 guys in the WWE Title match and maybe it would be an attempt to build some last minute intrigue in a match which most had considered a foregone conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Taker probably got wind of the Sting plans for next year and was "lolz, cya's ladzzz"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

it didnt ruin the crowd at all. Im glad its over, it had been built up too much. Only 3/4 actually decent matches out of the 22.

MrMac84 wrote: »

Taker's headlined before on a streak match hasn't he? Or would i be wrong and it was a title one?

Nobody saw that coming. Nobody. If it was last people would have just thought it was a send off and he wasn't doing another mania. Nothing would have tipped it to anyone but the biggest smarks. Part of why it was so stunning was the undersell. Whereas in other years we'd been built up into believing it could, this time Brock was undersold and the match lacked tension for precisely that reason. End result is probably the most shocking moment in the history of Wrestlemania and something people will NEVER stop talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Horrible execution, no proper build up, for this to work people needed to go in believing that Lesnar had a legitimate chance. That's why the crowd were so uninterested in the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I wonder did Bearer's death scupper plans of ending it last year? It just seems astounding to me that Brock is considered the man to do it.

Chagan wrote: »
    I wonder did Bearer's death scupper plans of ending it last year? It just seems astounding to me that Brock is considered the man to do it.

Sting to go straight into a program with Lesnar. Huge heat for the feud from the off.

In doing this WWE have basically cemented Lesnar as their top Heel for the foreseeable, even if he's only a part timer. It's a bit like the way Taker was the ultimate face about 10 years ago, when he came out, **** was going to go down and it was always going to end badly for the bad guys. Now Lesnar is set up as a near indestructible boss heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

It's not too often you have a ( presumably ) career ending match of this importance without some sort of meaningful show of respect at the end, ala Flair v Michaels, or Michaels v Taker. Strange to have him lose to a heel like Lesnar who leaves laughing. Hasnt been something like that really since heel HHH "ending" Mick Foley's career at No Way Out 2000. ( well, the 15 year old me thought that was the end of Foley anyway ). Just added to the shock aspect of it, Heyman and Lesnar's reaction.. not that I'd expect their characters to be "respectful" after the win but would have been a nice touch to have that type of finish with another opponent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Taker had planned on ending it to Brock a few years ago, but plans fell through.

Advertisement