Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreme metal fans show yourself now....

Options
  • 06-03-2014 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Any death or black metal fans out there? lets discuss gods favourite music :p

Currently listening to Rotting Christ a lot lately, superb band and Bolt Thrower as always.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Plenty of BM and DM fans around alright. Was only giving some Rotting Christ a spin there during the week. Khronos and Theogonia in particular. Still have to get the latest release but the tracks I've heard online so far are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭partyboy690

I wasn't the biggest fan of the latest release, it's good enough but Theogonia was an album made by Zeus himself, I'm never sick of that album. I'm listening to Genesis at the moment. Met Sakis once and he's an absolute top notch chap.

Aye, must give Genesis a gander as well as a few other albums. You met him when they played here last year?

Nah a few years back in Cork, one of the soundest and most genuine blokes you'll ever meet. Genesis is good, my two fav albums are Theogonia and Triarchy of Lost Lovers, both genuine gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Listening to Black Metal and Death Metal as well, favourites are Dark Funeral, Marduk, Endstille, Cannibal Corpse and Prostitute Disfigurement

Good to see some extreme metal fans around, I'm in a real Rotting Christ mood lately, such an excellent band. Also love that album Gateways to Annihalation, one of Morbid's best.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Watain's new album 'The Wild Hunt' is an outstanding album. Definitely one of my albums of last year. Also Amon Amarth's 'Deceiver of The God's' is amazing too. 'Construct' by Dark Tranquility is a stunning album. I don't know if anyone knows about this band, Tribulation. Their 2013 album 'Formulas of Death' is fantastic death metal with a good lot of melody. Here are a couple of class songs from the album.

Spectres
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0lxgtBwU70

Suspiria de Profundis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tUUz7aJhMU

Wanderer in Outer Darkness
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3KISLXgcX8

Apparitions
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnIkskJK0yM

Vagina Dentata
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOnoRvCtI5w

Rånda
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZezOoEbDXg

Through The Velvet Darkness
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCEed58WdqE

There are no bad or terrible songs on that album at all. In terms of extreme metal I prefer a lot melody and not just blast beats all the time, and a lot of awesome lead guitar riffs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Any death or black metal fans out there? lets discuss gods favourite music :p

Currently listening to Rotting Christ a lot lately, superb band and Bolt Thrower as always.
    Really like their album Non Serviam. Want to check out more of their early stuff for sure... Their later work left me underwhelmed to say the least.

A few things I am listening to on loop at the moment.

Lugubrum - Face Lion Face Oignon

Taake - Hordalands Doedskvad

Hate Forest - Battlefields

Satyricon - Dark Medieval Times

Dolorian - When all the Laughter is Gone

Godkiller - The Rebirth of the Middle Ages

Infester - To the depths.. In degradation

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

a thread like this would not be complete without Darkthrone:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

cannibal corpse and ripping corpse are two bands that I am listening to. ripping corpse is of course (or should that be of corpse) erik rutan's old band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Can't get enough of it ever and discovering a new mind-blowing band at about a rate of one a week. Bölzer are by far one of the coolest black/death metal bands to come about in recent years:

I remember listening to Rotting Christ a few years ago but have never revisited them since, may check out what their new stuff is sounding like these days.

cannibal corpse and ripping corpse are two bands that I am listening to. ripping corpse is of course (or should that be of corpse) erik rutan's old band.
    Ripping Corpse are fecking brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

Ripping Corpse are fecking brilliant.

they fecking are!!!!:D I also love death strike, insanity, master, bolt thrower, behemoth, gorguts and macabre!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Cant beat Emperor.

And specifically my alarm clock: "I Am The Black Wizards"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Min999

Hello everyone! I would like to know are Irishmen friendly especially metalheads? I always thought so but recently I have found information that Irish people communicate only with Irish and there is obvious dislike to non-Irish, is it true? Also, I would like to know are there some metalshops in Dublin where I can buy merch? I'm planing to go to Ireland in 2 months so I'll appreciate any information. Here are some extreme from my country (Ukraine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Dunno if this is extreme enough for some folks around here, but listening to some Hate today :D

Poland seems to be my go-to country for good Death Metal ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Anyone popping over to this http://www.infernofestival.net/no/Festival/News.aspx ?

Or anyone been before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Links234 wrote: »
    Dunno if this is extreme enough for some folks around here, but listening to some Hate today :D

I thought you meant Rage.

I always go back to this for a quick Decapitated fix:

• Advertisement

Min999 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I would like to know are Irishmen friendly especially metalheads? I always thought so but recently I have found information that Irish people communicate only with Irish and there is obvious dislike to non-Irish, is it true? Also, I would like to know are there some metalshops in Dublin where I can buy merch? I'm planing to go to Ireland in 2 months so I'll appreciate any information. Here are some extreme from my country (Ukraine)

You could buy merch in the Sound Cellar (Nassau St.) under Subway but it will be far too expensive.

Into The Void (3 Crow Street, Temple Bar)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dimcoin

Saw Watain recently. Fantastic band!

http://youtu.be/WgKyfrdcDwY

Morf wrote: »
    I thought you meant Rage.

No, could never get into them :o

Links234 wrote: »
    No, could never get into them :o

I just got Hate and Rage mixed up in my head.

Melt Banana - Fetch from last year is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I saw Vader live about ten years ago. Most technically perfect band I've seen.

Do Venom count? The bunch of lovable scamps.

Satyricon would probably be the longest lasting band I listen to from my BM days.

Hello everyone! I would like to know are Irishmen friendly especially metalheads? I always thought so but recently I have found information that Irish people communicate only with Irish and there is obvious dislike to non-Irish, is it true?
    I really don't think that is true. There is obviously some minority that are like that but the majority should be welcoming to foreigners. I really wouldn't worry about it.
    they fecking are!!!!biggrin.png I also love death strike, insanity, master, bolt thrower, behemoth, gorguts and macabre!!
    +1 for Master and Gorguts

Some more metal, this time Forgotten Tomb

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I saw Vader live about ten years ago.

This wouldn't have been in The Shelter, which was part of Vicar Street at the time?

Morf wrote: »
    You could buy merch in the Sound Cellar (Nassau St.) under Subway but it will be far too expensive.

Into The Void (3 Crow Street, Temple Bar)

Sound cellar has only records and into the void has small amount of some underground bands:( Correct me if I'm wrong. I just wish to buy Primordial T-shirt:rolleyes:

I really don't think that is true. There is obviously some minority that are like that but the majority should be welcoming to foreigners. I really wouldn't worry about it.
    It's nice to hear. Do you have some place or area in the city where metalheads are usually hang out?:D

• Advertisement

It's nice to hear. Do you have some place or area in the city where metalheads are usually hang out? :D

If you want to meet Metalheads in Dublin then attending gigs is the best place to meet them. To find out what gigs are on then check out Dublin Metal Events on Facebook. There also a couple bars that play Metal notably Fibber Magee's on Parnell St. and Bruxelles on Harry St. Fibbers focuses more on live music and Bruxelles will have DJ's Thurs, Fri and Sat nights. Don't bother with with Club Hell or Gypsy Rose if you're specifically looking for Metal as those bars tend to cater for Rock and the more mainstream side of things. ;)

Advertisement