Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

only abc has to report in, and historically they wait until the may upfronts, unlike the other nets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

squonk wrote: »
    LOL, I know, but number of eyeballs in front of the telly isn't an indicator of quality! I've watched TBBT with an open mind on several occasions and it's never done anything to make me even snigger!
    humour is very subjective, TBBT appeals to a very wide ranging audience, the jokes are simple and very relatable to the mass pop culture that its targeted at, thus resulting in extremely high ratings, which lead to a 3 season renewal,

i do find it hard to believe that the show never made you even snigger though,

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am surprised Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods got renewed

Hopefully NCIS try and get Ziva back now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hopefully NCIS try and get Ziva back now

Do you think that's even a runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Any word on revolution lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

don ramo wrote: »
    humour is very subjective, TBBT appeals to a very wide ranging audience, the jokes are simple and very relatable to the mass pop culture that its targeted at, thus resulting in extremely high ratings, which lead to a 3 season renewal,

i do find it hard to believe that the show never made you even snigger though,

squonk has a vendetta against TBBT, don't even bother trying to engage with him on the subject. He literally had a thread here a few years ago where 80% of the posts were just him repeating how he thought the show was the worst thing to have ever happened in the history of the universe. :rolleyes:

It was very annoying.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'll tell ya what's very annoying, this current discussion of TBBT :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So after their pilots, Amazon have ordered Bosch and The After to series

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/03/amazon-orders-the-after-transparent-more-pilots-to-series-report.html

Of the comedies, they went with Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So after their pilots, Amazon have ordered Bosch and The After to series
    I've yet to watch the pilot but the premise sounds really intriguing. Must get around to that soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »

Agree with most in that article, i think they are bang on about Hart Of Dixie...1 season away from 88, at a minimum it'll move to Fridays for 13 episodes.

A show like Dixie sells well abroad from WB so it might get the full 88 if the licence fee is reduced for CW. Hanibal deserves a 3rd for the critical response and story closure,

Again i think Almost Human is cooked....i think most of the comedys will go, Suburgatory might eek out a 4th and final....not sure how The Neighbors is doing, but it might get another because ABC have nothing to fill its spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

I can't see Hostages getting a renewal unless the writers have something genuinely brilliant lined up for series 2. I really enjoyed the first series, sure it had just as many downs as ups but by God was it fun and when things got stupid it got truly great.

as far as i know there was only ever meant to be one season of hostages

anybody know about psych i have bad feelin its gonna finish, seen somewhere maggie lawson has a new show so that dont look to good.

brilou23 wrote: »
    as far as i know there was only ever meant to be one season of hostages

It was but there were hopes that it could be expanded into an ongoing series. I think that it has the potential to go on and would have liked to see each series concentrate on expanding the conspiracy. Think that they should have ended series 1 with the mission being a success and series 2 looking at the new world order.

anybody know about psych i have bad feelin its gonna finish, seen somewhere maggie lawson has a new show so that dont look to good.

Already been announced that the show is finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I really hope the Mentalist doesnt just end. At least give them a season to give it a real ending.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I really hope the Mentalist doesnt just end. At least give them a season to give it a real ending.

what the psych rip off lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

what the psych rip off lol

I think the heart has gone out of Psych this season and its the right time to end it, maybe even a season too late.

I think the heart has gone out of Psych this season and its the right time to end it, maybe even a season too late.

im on season 7 now i love it i feel gutted :(

The Mentalist got its 'real ending' in Season 6 Episode 8. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The seasons usually end with a cliff hanger or something. That's what I meant. Them knowing that it's the end so they wrap up any little loose ends.

• Advertisement

The seasons usually end with a cliff hanger or something. That's what I meant. Them knowing that it's the end so they wrap up any little loose ends.

Bruno Heller is moving onto Gotham so i think the show is done after the end of this season, he may have had time to write a proper end.....?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So they finally got Red John? It was the one plot line that had me watching but I eventually got sick of Jayne's smugness and stopped. At least they've tidied that bit up.

ixoy wrote: »
    So they finally got Red John? It was the one plot line that had me watching but I eventually got sick of Jayne's smugness and stopped. At least they've tidied that bit up.

I gave up on the show way back in series 1 but picked up series 1 and 2 for €1.50 a piece do thought I'd try again. Think I got as far as episode 5 of series 1 before just not caring anymore. Psych covers much of the same territory only the characters are likeable and the plots a bit of fun.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Psych covers much of the same territory only the characters are likeable and the plots a bit of fun.
    Big fan of 'Psych' - love how they've knocked 'The Mentalist' a few times. I get genuine laughs from 'Psych' still, far more than with a lot of regular comedies. One thing it has, aside from being funny, is great chemistry between the cast which I never felt was there in 'The Mentalist'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Thrill wrote: »

Just an FYI here...only Baby Daddy was actually renewed, the Melissa & Joey announcent is just a re-announcement as the show was renewed for a 4th season last May. For some bizarre reason ABCF have decided to issue a press release and give the impression M&J was a new renewal...its not.

Either way good for both shows, sitcoms have been tried many times on ABCF and got cancelled. These are the first and only shows to not just get renewed, but get four seasons and 100 episodes!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

NBC Renews Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and Grimm

Also confirms the previously announced (yet unconfirmed) renewals of Parks & Recreation and Celebrity Apprentice.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/19/chicago-fire-chicago-p-d-grimm-renewed-by-nbc/246434/

I wish they'd go back to doing the regular Apprentice (and 40 minute episodes too).

USA's 'White Collar' Will Be Renewed for a Final Six Episode Season

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/usa-white-collar-six-episode-final-season/

• Advertisement

Netflix has given a 13-episode order to half-hour comedy series “Grace and Frankie” starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin, as the leading Internet subscription-video service continues to build out its originals lineup.

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/netflix-orders-comedy-series-to-star-jane-fonda-lily-tomlin-1201139040/

Advertisement