Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So I got Odyn Son, a legendary mace off Leoric.

Is dual wielding viable on torment?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Gbear wrote: »
    So I got Odyn Son, a legendary mace off Leoric.

Is dual wielding viable on torment?

a lot more than using the crappy 2handers, unless you have an old skorn with some awesome stats and a big fat emerald in it.

I've heard they're fixing the 2h damage to be upwards of 1500-1700 damage but nothing official yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Im pretty torn now if i should buy this now or wait for ps4 version. A release date from blizzard would really help matters.

We should have a "Who looks like the biggest bad ass" competition.

My vote goes to Aeghnor with Hokem Pokem getting an honourable mention.

What would people suggest to re roll from the start now. I had the demo so hadnt really levelled up that much but got the full game now and was wondering which class is the most fun at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What would people suggest to re roll from the start now. I had the demo so hadnt really levelled up that much but got the full game now and was wondering which class is the most fun at the moment?

Its hard to say, each Class is quite unique in its style. Just figure out what you like more melee or range attacks and go from there.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

demon hunter feels a lot stronger than it used to be, levelling yet another one in hc and she's a beast. Found Barbs to be really slow and tanklike, given that 2h damage is crap atm you're kind of forced to duel wield, would prefer to sword n board with a barb but the damage is crap. I haven't bothered with monk or wd - never liked either of those classes personally. Wizard is boring, i know a lot of people love them but i just cant get into it at all.

go dh! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm gonna start either a Monk or Barb this week. Did a wizard originally, and it was a lot of fun, but fancy some melee fun this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I dusted off my monk and got it up to 40 now. Leveling fast enough on Master difficulty. Its hard as balls at times, but makes it a lot more fun.

I played mainly barb on the xbox so think I'll go ranged and pick a DH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

yay I played again today :)

Have to say, barb is hard to play now.. no more spin to win..

Playing my wiz and loving it. Played for maybe 30 mins today, and I gained a full paragon level! Didn't think it would be so quick! 202 now I think.

would be up for a few games, feel free to add me. I'm in the boards community.

For those looking for Legendaries.. have you tried resetting all the quests since Loot 2.0 was implemented?

Because you get a legendary for every Act boss and all mini-bosses (Leoric, Magda, etc) the first time you kill them.

that works all the way up to 59, then only the skeleton king drops one guaranteed legend per full reset.

Bloody handy for levelling though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Up to Paragon 18 and clearing act 4 at Torment 1 with out any noticeable problem except a few elite packs. Got two rare 61s so far and spent a few hours on the AH making money to fund new gear :P

I've been impressed enough with the game as it is now.
    I've ordered ROS, despite swearing blind I wouldn't about 2 weeks ago.

DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

would be up for a few games, feel free to add me. I'm in the boards community.

Good man!! Must add you again & have a few games like old times. What happened to your beloved DH? Can't believe you've come to the wizard dark side :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What a great game this is! Played the trial for a bit but decided to buy it the other night (cheers for the fast2play.com link!). Only lvl 29 and starting Act2 but I'm hooked, finding the Witch Doctor great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kungen back playing Hardcore again. Watched his stream for abit and it inspired me to ditch my softcore characters. Go hardcore or go home :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No thx. Going to play for several months, put hundreds of hours into a character only to lag out and lose everything? I think not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah with my dodgy internet there's no way I can play hardcore. Would absolutely love to though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ha, I stink apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm playing a HC character at the moment.

If i lag out at any point, blizzard won't see another dime from me for anything.

It's like a game of Russian roulette. I dare ya blizzard, i dare ya! :pac:

I'm lvl 14 in act 1 so anyone wants to team up let me know. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

12 hours over the weekend on torment 1-4 and 1 legendary lol, and that was an item i already had ffs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dcully wrote: »
    12 hours over the weekend on torment 1-4 and 1 legendary lol, and that was an item i already had ffs.
    At least you got something usefull; as a Wizard I've had a two handed mace, single handed mace, single handed axe (all account bound)... I ended up buying most of my legendaries from the AH in the end (and made so far about 4 Mil on AH to fund it all in the first place). Still only 50/50 but at least up to 102k damage now and can do Torment 2 (with the odd loss to an elite pack who freeze me so I can't escape/activate relevant ability).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nody wrote: »
    At least you got something usefull; as a Wizard I've had a two handed mace, single handed mace, single handed axe (all account bound)... I ended up buying most of my legendaries from the AH in the end (and made so far about 4 Mil on AH to fund it all in the first place). Still only 50/50 but at least up to 102k damage now and can do Torment 2 (with the odd loss to an elite pack who freeze me so I can't escape/activate relevant ability).

It wasnt even useful, it was a 2 handed sword with no wizard stats,im playing a wiz :rolleyes:
    Thats the second time its dropped for me,im still running around in yellow gear @ paragon 73.

I think its the curse of Path of Exile and Torchlight 2, they want me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Dcully wrote: »

There's definitely something wrong there. I've been getting terrible drops but I'm getting them. There's a system in place that should guarantee a legendary drop after a certain amount of time played. A kind of assurance system which works out around 1 every 1 - 2 hours depending on clear speed.

Swapped back to my Monk as barb is really bad at the moment and I wasn't enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Big Knox wrote: »
    There's definitely something wrong there. I've been getting terrible drops but I'm getting them. There's a system in place that should guarantee a legendary drop after a certain amount of time played. A kind of assurance system which works out around 1 every 1 - 2 hours depending on clear speed.

Seconded, I've been seeing Legendary drops on Torment I and II.

nesf wrote: »
    Seconded, I've been seeing Legendary drops on Torment I and II.

it applies to all dificulties, even normal. Just the time period between getting a drop is shorter the higher the difficulty. So on normal you should get one per 2 hours approximately, and on torment-1, 1 every hour to hour and half with incremental decreases through the various difficulties.

Just in case ye didnt know, you can get legendary drops from destructable object and corpses too.. click all the things!

btw, if you're on a dry streak with legendarys - just reset quests, and piss through it all on normal til you get to SK, switch to torment, kill him, get your 100% legendary and switch back to normal - piss through the whole campaign in an hour or so and repeat..

That's what i've been doing on my hc dh to gear up. The xp at low paragon levels is quite good too for skipping most of the content and going directly for quests.

btw, if you're on a dry streak with legendarys - just reset quests, and piss through it all on normal til you get to SK, switch to torment, kill him, get your 100% legendary and switch back to normal - piss through the whole campaign in an hour or so and repeat..
    I've done the SK (level 3 full clear, SK killed) five times in a row on Torment 1 with out a legendary drop from SK (I got one low quality legendary in a chest). Currently I'm redoing the full game on tormet 1 (for the elite packs to hopefully drop something interesting and for more gold/exp for paragon); finished episode 1 with out any legendaries at all (got a new legendary hat in episode 2 that was a slight DPS upgrade though even if I did lose some AP).

Also what I've found is the % skill are OP as heck. I've gone from +13% to +27% and my crit damage went from 120k to 200k+ :D

Also for any newbies to Diablo 3 (like me who forgot everything) you can unlock ALL skill slots rather then being locked into one of each type in the game menu option. This lets you pick the best four skills rather then one from each category (which can make quite a bit of difference).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Nody wrote: »
    I've done the SK (level 3 full clear, SK killed) five times in a row on Torment 1 with out a legendary drop from SK (I got one low quality legendary in a chest). Currently I'm redoing the full game on tormet 1 (for the elite packs to hopefully drop something interesting and for more gold/exp for paragon); finished episode 1 with out any legendaries at all (got a new legendary hat in episode 2 that was a slight DPS upgrade though even if I did lose some AP).

Also what I've found is the % skill are OP as heck. I've gone from +13% to +27% and my crit damage went from 120k to 200k+ :D

For the SK guaranteed drop you need to have the game completely cleared then go into game options and hit the reset quests option. It will only be there if you have done a full clear and have every WP. You will lose all progress but SK will drop a legendary on T1 or higher!

Advertisement