Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 21; the Ups and Downs!

Options
  • 06-02-2014 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭

So S21 thread is very slow to start this season....

What are everyone's targets? hopes? fears?

Mine are...

Target: Get a top 3 finish
    Hope: Get to Playoff Final
    Fear: Relegation....I'm not joking. With Dread0s and Bogwarriors coming up, I could slip if I don't pay attention. (not helped by being away for 4 weeks!)

In other news, just noticed my stadium got a 5k bump with the new standing rules. I know by definition it doesn't make that much of a difference but nice to have 23k+ stadium!

Anybody thinking of going for U20 manager or Journo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭greyhound1973

good man crisco for starting season 21 thread,im guess i will be aiming for a 3rd championship in a row wont be easy though ,and ur right dreads will be tough team to overcome ,dont discount batai either and there is always daheff and fewicifur as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Target: Hold my strong position of 5th place in Div I HK. Also a nice little cup run would be nice if the draw went my way, but league has to be priority.

Hope: Breaking into the top four is the dream in both cup and league.

Fear: There is a very real threat from the newly promoted teams. Never played either of them so don't know what to expect. I could end up in a relegation battle.

Basically I was still in fourth place in round 12 last season, I just need to last two more weeks.

Just saw that after todays match I'm ranked the 281st team in the world. Club record! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

well that is an epic start to the season... forgot to set team!! by stars I should be OK, but we shall see. I am playing one of my potential top four rivals.

target for this season? finish top and do well in the cup.
    upgrade my squad and fill some holes.

if that is ready at end of season, try in playoffs to promote back to Div II!

great start to our div 2 league today,wins for Monivea over Batai,new club dreads also had big win ,cream of the crop had good win over munster and a draw between front row and new boys bogwarriors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Its nice to have the little Irish U20 flag next to a player again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

great start to our div 2 league today,wins for Monivea over Batai,new club dreads also had big win ,cream of the crop had good win over munster and a draw between front row and new boys bogwarriors

Um, Curly Sue Death Squad :pac:

My fear: Relegation.

My goal: Avoiding relegation

Seriously, ridiculous league this season. Dread0s and Bogwarriors are both major threats, as are Munster on their day. The other lads are probably beyond me, and with major restructuring going on with my squad, I'll be scrapping for 6th place til the last day.

I just pulled a guy with 94k csr. So good I have to hold onto him and give a few sessions!

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=13262012

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=13260096

pulled this guy last week giving him a go

Jesus.

And he's a year younger too!

• Advertisement

Gelio wrote: »
    Jesus.

And he's a year younger too!

very proud

you boys invest heavily in the YA?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

eoferrall wrote: »
    you boys invest heavily in the YA?
    Not anymore

Going to run down my ya now. Im seeing more & more young lads hitting market for chump change...got me a 17.5yo @ 68k CSR for 52k.

Can't see the value in having a ya if players can be bought that cheap

daheff wrote: »
    Not anymore

Going to run down my ya now. Im seeing more & more young lads hitting market for chump change...got me a 17.5yo @ 68k CSR for 52k.

Can't see the value in having a ya if players can be bought that cheap

That's what I did - i've shut the whole thing down.

Last season ran a decent profit for my YA but the blackout economists seem to be predicting the value of these sort of players to go down big time. I think I'll hold onto mine as I just enjoy the extra dimension to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Aims: Get as far as round 8 at least in the cup, get relegated from Div III. Rebuild team.

Pondering keeping the YA or not not getting the return on sale of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Been losing interest in the game steadily over the last few months so i've decided to call it a day.

The original core of my team are getting on and the game is such now that you either deal in the transfer market or go backwards. Haven't the will to suffer through either tbh.

Best of luck folks.

Thats a shame. Forza Juve will be greatly missed.

Best of luck

Gelio wrote: »
    Thats a shame. Forza Juve will be greatly missed.

Best of luck

going straight away or killing me next week? will be missed either way.best of luck where ever you haul up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

corny wrote: »
    Been losing interest in the game steadily over the last few months so i've decided to call it a day.

The original core of my team are getting on and the game is such now that you either deal in the transfer market or go backwards. Haven't the will to suffer through either tbh.

Best of luck folks.

Shame...you've got a fairly decent team there...i dont think you need to do too much transfer dealings to keep it up. Anyways if you are going to go bot, I'll be looking for one or two of your players :P

(sorry...I'm trying to strip the carcass before its dead)

• Advertisement

Ah no Corny - one of the first few on the site in the game! is this the slow death of us longer term players?

But I am feeling the same, the game is very time demanding and I don't have it so not sure how much longer I can survive. I'm hanging in for another while and might jsut hang out in the lower divisions where I can commit less time.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Took a beating in the cup last night - that's the end of two a week match receipts!

It's a bit weird, went LTNT against a similar quality team who were WNWIM and shipped a 37-0 loss at home.

Maybe other BR-Boardsies know something I don't?

Ah no Corny - one of the first few on the site in the game! is this the slow death of us longer term players?

But I am feeling the same, the game is very time demanding and I don't have it so not sure how much longer I can survive. I'm hanging in for another while and might jsut hang out in the lower divisions where I can commit less time.

if all these oldies keep dropping out who is going to run things?

Yeah enough of that talk EOF. We can't afford to lose both of ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

I remember ages ago when dreamer was talking about leaving and thinking shes mad i'll never get tired of this but alas....
    daheff wrote: »
    Shame...you've got a fairly decent team there...i dont think you need to do too much transfer dealings to keep it up. Anyways if you are going to go bot, I'll be looking for one or two of your players :P

(sorry...I'm trying to strip the carcass before its dead)

Good idea. I might sell off a few of my better players before going bot. I worked hard to provide them with a future;)

I remember ages ago when dreamer was talking about leaving and thinking shes mad i'll never get tired of this but alas....

Good idea. I might sell off a few of my better players before going bot. I worked hard to provide them with a future;)

sell hard give me a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

I always advise people to consider selling up and then log on every few weeks to keep it active. Who knows 6 months down the line you might get the itch to play BR again and then it must be furstrating to have to start over again. It's interesting how a number of season 1 members fell away and gave up a few seasons ago and now we see them coming back. It would be nice to walk back to a team with a few million in the bank I suspect.

Phonehead wrote: »
    I always advise people to consider selling up and then log on every few weeks to keep it active. Who knows 6 months down the line you might get the itch to play BR again and then it must be furstrating to have to start over again. It's interesting how a number of season 1 members fell away and gave up a few seasons ago and now we see them coming back. It would be nice to walk back to a team with a few million in the bank I suspect.

give silver foxes (tranquility) a pm he was world no 1 for a while went walkabout and now is back in bussiness i played him today

AHH jesysus lads this is getting too easy ,monieva again trounce MWSAG by nearly 50 points today and have already opened up a considerable gap in division 2 ,three in a row looks already in the bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

AHH jesysus lads this is getting too easy ,monieva again trounce MWSAG by nearly 50 points today and have already opened up a considerable gap in division 2 ,three in a row looks already in the bag
    With 2-6 so tight, nobody wants to spend lots of energy on the one fixture where they are serious underdogs. Throw a match or two, and people might start to smell blood :D

Advertisement