Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Online Player: Crew, gaming and money help

Options
  • 03-01-2014 2:01pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm a level 16 PS3 online player. Im in the ACAS crew but it doesnt seem to be of benefit to me as other ACAS when online usually reject invites and dont seem to send invites to other crew. (Not knocking ACAS at all, I dont know anyone in it offline anyway)

So this is a cry for help. Im level 16. Ive 1 car and no gaff in the game. I have about 4 weapons. I have about $40k cash. I cant win races.

Are there any players that are up for forming a crew, or inviting me to their crew. I play regularly (although I will be offline next week)

If someone was willing to do a bit of "handholding" with me to help me get cash and RP/JP i am willing to help out in return.

My PSN name is: TheFaceman101. (I've about 5 online friends so feel free to add me!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'll add you later on PSN is sparkysrovers. I'm only lvl 33 or so but I add friends before crew even though i am part of the BRDS & ACAS crew but i hardly ever get crew members on missions etc

BRDS is my active crew though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

I'm also on the look out for a new crew. I'm in a crew with over 150 people at the minute, and a good lot of the players in the crew are not loyal. I've been at war with a few crew members over the last few days, which I hate. Don't understand why people join crews if they're going to kill crew members.

Would definitely be up for joining a crew with more reliable players.

I'm a rank 51 player who plays most nights.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Here's some racing tips - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057114080

I'd love to help you level up but I'm on Xbox only.

IMO the best way to get quick RP and money legitimately is through the survival missions. Play Boneyard and Processed, learn where the bots spawn and where the good players kill them from. I'm sure you'll realize it soon enough but just in case - the only way to win is to pick a good spot and stay there. You might survive one round of running around, but otherwise you're dead meat, especially with the low ranked guns.

In boneyard, from where you spawn go behind the grey pre-fab or the wooden pallet to it's right. Stay in cover and pop out when your shot is on.

In processed, go into the shed slightly ahead of you and to your right, and go inside the big skip at the end. It's hard to explain, but try to stand at about half way along inside the skip, so you have a view of what's going on out there while your player stays in cover. Ignore the helicopters.

From one of those you should easily be able to make it up to the eighth wave at least, even if there's no other good player in it. If there's 2 good players, you'll make it to 10th wave every time. Keep playing survivals until you get a good feel for how to win them, it should only take maybe 3/4 tries before you get the knack. After that it's money in the bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I can gift you a few mill if you want but don't know to transfer money to you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Added you a while ago. Try to get on most nights

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

faceman wrote: »
    I'm a level 16 PS3 online player. Im in the ACAS crew but it doesnt seem to be of benefit to me as other ACAS when online usually reject invites and dont seem to send invites to other crew. (Not knocking ACAS at all, I dont know anyone in it offline anyway)

So this is a cry for help. Im level 16. Ive 1 car and no gaff in the game. I have about 4 weapons. I have about $40k cash. I cant win races.

Are there any players that are up for forming a crew, or inviting me to their crew. I play regularly (although I will be offline next week)

If someone was willing to do a bit of "handholding" with me to help me get cash and RP/JP i am willing to help out in return.

My PSN name is: TheFaceman101. (I've about 5 online friends so feel free to add me!)
    Mc Love wrote: »
    I'll add you later on PSN is sparkysrovers. I'm only lvl 33 or so but I add friends before crew even though i am part of the BRDS & ACAS crew but i hardly ever get crew members on missions etc

BRDS is my active crew though

I've added both of ye. My PSN username starts with G.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thanks for all the replies (and support!). I'll be online tomorrow so if anyone is up for a game... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Hi lads. Only started online a few nights ago.

Would ye be interested if I started a crew for this thread?
    Share money equally, don't kill each other and do a bit of everything.
    I'm on after nine most evenings.

Anyone interested post or send me your PSN usernames and I'll set it up and post when / if it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 john.mac

added a few of you in this thread. usually on most evenings until i go back to college

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Sup lads, I've had gta since it came out but barely ever played online, gave it a lash the last 2 days and a bit lost on the point of it all, on level 8 after repoing a lot of cars and stealing some drugs.. Have a garage and about 2 guns..

I'm assuming all the fun happens in crews then, add me anyone if you like! EtcherSketcher is my PSN,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

add me on ps3 shaft_91. im sick of just wondering around aimlessly. im willing to join a crew

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

add me please, username is - irelandoffline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

is there a boards crew on ps3? looking to join.

is there a boards crew on ps3? looking to join.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057044413

I'm in Boards Crew 2, 1 is full, so apply to 2. I've no idea how active either are thou, but I'm alive at least! Just send a request n stuff via the social club.

What's your ID i'll add you later if you want to wreak some havoc and whatnot tonight :P

I'm up to level 53 now, a pro noob :D

Applied to 2. Username is malongorph.

I always find adding players on here is more useful than the crew, is there a crew we can set up for the more active members online from here? So that we can get the extra rp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Mc Love wrote: »
    I always find adding players on here is more useful than the crew, is there a crew we can set up for the more active members online from here? So that we can get the extra rp

I second this. I'm already in boards crew but when I send out in game invites they usually get declined and there is very little in terms of collaboration.

So we should make it happen ourselves!

I'd be up for making a new crew too, and all the people still alive from between the 2 boards crews and beyond could come together then. I'm finding 2 pretty useless atm.

if there's a way to see which players in the crew are actually active after a few weeks the crew leader could clean it up every now and then so you don't have any inactive players.

anyone gonna set this up? I'm like level 11 so I'm noob with no street cred.

But a fine noob you are!

• Advertisement

But a fine noob you are!
    aw shucks :)

Gna go on and wreak some havoc now for a while. Hope to god I'll unlock a few new missions soon or something thou, anything interesting happen beyond lv 60 odd lads?

Gna start saving up to buy a super car too, have a fully modded off roader, muscle car, motorbike and a sports car, so super is the way to go next methinks :P

I'm currently making money with this bringing cars from sp to online glitch. Have two characters doing it so raking in the cash

Made a crew called "Ireland Impossible" - you wouldnt believe the amount of name's that have been taken!

Will I create a separate thread for it?

If a few more lads join it then why not, giz a link to it on the social club and I'll join it :P

That's a shocking Logo :P

if you want to do better - work away I wont stop you, it gives you space for more than one.

I'm actually an artist IRL so I might do one of the days. Not much exp with logos but ser

• Advertisement

I'm actually an artist IRL so I might do one of the days. Not much exp with logos but ser

Nice one, they have a tool on the social club, probably able to upload your own

Advertisement