Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German language music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

These guys here are really funny :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7-60tyLQhA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Funny Austrian guys with a great live show

and another great Austrian singer

You would need a lot of German (plus the Austrian dialect for the second one) to get out most of their songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

jetzt sind's aber genug Oesterreicher :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Zurn

This is one of a lot good Metalbands we have in Germany...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I never heard of those austrian bands :o

Some more well known ones I forgot in the original post

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Lars1916 wrote: »
    for me this comes up with the message : "Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany, because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights."

anyhow,
    german music on the whole is poor enough, whiny old stuff with little melody but folks like it as they get the lyrics, possibly the same as sawdoctors in Ireland who are nigh on unlistenable too, but literally in the last couple of years theres a whole load of catchy stuff coming through.

for example a band called CRO have nothing but one pop hit after the next, maybe this is one of the more catchy tunes

although I am partial to this one too (note the 38million views, so you could say they are a fairly popular band!)

possibly my favourite ones from the past couple of years

this lad is also quite listenable :

and a couple of years ago this was nigh on about the only thing listenable on german radio (so i just avoided the pain and agony of it to be honest) and its a fairly cool video too
    <snip - seeed already posted!>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Ding is already posted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Ding is already posted ;)
    sorry, missed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Yeah, love Kraftklub, brilliant German band in my opinion, and beginner are pretty class too

• Advertisement

for me this comes up with the message : "Unfortunately, this video is not available in Germany, because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights."

anyhow,
    german music on the whole is poor enough, whiny old stuff with little melody but folks like it as they get the lyrics, possibly the same as sawdoctors in Ireland who are nigh on unlistenable too, but literally in the last couple of years theres a whole load of catchy stuff coming through.

for example a band called CRO have nothing but one pop hit after the next, maybe this is one of the more catchy tunes

although I am partial to this one too (note the 38million views, so you could say they are a fairly popular band!)

possibly my favourite ones from the past couple of years

this lad is also quite listenable :

and a couple of years ago this was nigh on about the only thing listenable on german radio (so i just avoided the pain and agony of it to be honest) and its a fairly cool video too
    <snip - seeed already posted!>

It's always the same...GEMA and the red tape :(

(Oomph - 'Augen auf', that was the clip, I posted)

And here's one more, hopefully without any red tape...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE73dt0N1_w

Advertisement