Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulhuddart's old school gone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Well they had Niall Horan do a photo op in the Mullingar one recently so it probably is their style.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭dodzy

January wrote: »
    Well they had Niall Horan do a photo op in the Mullingar one recently so it probably is their style.

Go 'way ouwa da ! We all know that January has a poster on the bedroom ceiling of Niall and the the lads ;)

Looks like there will be pandemonium on the first day of opening... Their Special Buys that day are all the baby stuff! Always a popular day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭jeffk

Looks like there will be pandemonium on the first day of opening... Their Special Buys that day are all the baby stuff! Always a popular day!

Snap, I remember the last time they done it in Clonee and youd think they where giving the stuff away for free.

Ill still go down early enough and see what they do for the opening(Lidl had a tent thing with free tea coffee cake etc)

Went down today early enough, opened around 8.50. Nothing compared to Lidl in Blakestown opening,a small table with cake as you come in the door and then a big Aldi canvas bag.

Mental as you would expect for the first time, usual lay out and a big enough car park. Be handy not having to go to Clonee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

jeffk wrote: »
    Went down today early enough, opened around 8.50. Nothing compared to Lidl in Blakestown opening,a small table with cake as you come in the door and then a big Aldi canvas bag.

Mental as you would expect for the first time, usual lay out and a big enough car park. Be handy not having to go to Clonee

I live close by and the traffic was mental around 9-9:30. Was there any free stuff being given out (apart from the bag)?

I live close by and the traffic was mental around 9-9:30. Was there any free stuff being given out (apart from the bag)?

We got out around 9.20 and it was madness,queues from either side to get it and lads trying to direct people.

Some women got flowers for being first,that was is,very poor.

Also some fella taking pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

was there this afternoon busy enough, but there is always one loon messing it up for everyone for parking...

Just hope it stays nice and clean and neat. Other then that my new shopping heaven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

Have aldi permission for a new store in castleknock village?

horse7 wrote: »
    Have aldi permission for a new store in castleknock village?

I don't know but it'd be very easy to find out by checking Fingal's website (on phone myself so can't)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Thanks for the link.

thats a postive for an aldi store in castleknock.

horse7 wrote: »
    thats a postive for an aldi store in castleknock.

Where exactly ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I couldn't find any applications for an Aldi in Castleknock - have you got the ref number?

Here is the link from Thisregard http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Planning/SearchforaPlanningApplication/ ,its a big site at the rear of the flower shop, if you drive by you will see the wooden hoarding. By the way old mogensons is up for sale,i think the shop closed on wednesday.

That's just bringing me to the search page. Is there a particular search term used?

That's just bringing me to the search page. Is there a particular search term used?

Try searching by reference and use FW12A/0091. I think this is the one but apologies if it isn't.

Something odd there, the applicant is Uxbridge LTD, but according to Solocheck.ie and the CRO they've been dissolved since 2000.

However, if you take a look at the original planning application form, http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00428965.pdf and look at the press clipping for the planning notice, the company involved is Uxbridge Properties.

Uxbridge Properties are currently in receivership, so what's up ? Could be just the company that Aldi used to draw the plans etc.

• Advertisement

I saw an aldi sign at the building site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

How's the aldi in mulhuddart going do they have much of a crowd going to it ?

How's the aldi in mulhuddart going do they have much of a crowd going to it ?

Seems quite busy anytime I'm there or walking past

Is it as big as the lidl on blakestown road ?

As busy as most Aldi/Lidi stores, I suppose depends when you go,the car park always seems busier than the shop(not sure if its Aldi only parking)

Its the same size as the rest,think everything about Aldi/Lidl is the same across the branches,maybe some items in different locations

I don't think it's as big as the Lidl in Blakestown but it's always busy whenever we are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

We used to go to the one in Clonee but now will go to the one in Mulhuddart if the traffic is quiet.
    The car park isn't big enough tbh, some days it's just easier to still go to the one in Clonee.

I see on line that there's a site beside it gone on sale. Maybe more development coming thereu

I see on line that there's a site beside it gone on sale. Maybe more development coming thereu

Link? There's not much land beside it at all...

• Advertisement

I'm on my phone so can't like it. Just go on daft you will see it. Four houses I think on an acre of land. Must be.about the size of the aldi plot.

Advertisement