Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm from Coolmine Industrial estates

Options
  • 06-12-2013 5:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Any one else from here effected by this sound? its not even a regular alarm, sounds more like an air raid siren. second night around 4 AM!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Idol

Yes, past two nights it's been going off randomly around 3 or 4 in the morning. Bloody nuisance!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

I work in the estate at nights and its always going off , its a fire alarm seirn but obiously not conected to a phone line . Otherwise i would be there ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Could it be from the quarry behind the estate?

What quarry ??

What quarry ??

Sorry had Rosemount not Coolmine in my head.:o

• Advertisement

So was i for a min . Im working there the last 8 years haha

No its coming from the car place

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ECEng

not sure exactly where it is coming from, it went off today at around 1am, 4am, 6am and 8am. what can we do about this?

Could it be Coolmine fire station alarm?

It went off on Monday night due to power fault in the area. Hopefully won't happen again

I know its deffinatly not the fire station ;-)

Its a fire alarm from the car parts shop beside the garage

• Advertisement

Can somebody please just shoot that alarm now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ECEng

Last night was very bad...

I wasnt in work last night . Where are you all that you can hear it

I'm just across the road from the industrial estate on Clonsilla road. It goes off for a few hours, then stops for an hour and starts up again :mad:

Next time you hear it make a noise complaint to the gaurds . And do it every time .

Thanks, I'll try that next time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

From the Garda website:
    How can I report a noise complaint?If you would like to report a noise complaint immediately you can ring your local Garda Station. However persistent noise should ideally be referred to the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government. The Department of Environment website contains useful information about Neighbourhood/Domestic Noise pollution, faulty alarms, commercial and construction noise pollution and the Environmental Noise Regulations 2006.

Dept Environment website is not too helpful though, this pdf being the only real guide to what to do.

As ever, complaints should start with whoever is causing the noise, and if they dont rememdy it, [EDIT] next step is contacting Fingal if it's industrial noise [/EDIT], then the next step seems to be a district court for a court order forcing them to take action.

I would echo the above statement and keep reporting it to the gardai - at least if it does end up in the district court there is evidence that it's been going on for a while.

Advertisement