Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NDLS - National Driver Licence Service centres (Qs, waiting times, etc)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭finix

great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's not very clear on their site
    http://www.ndls.ie/en/about-us/where-are-the-new-ndls-centres.html

I see they have apps now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

update on the licence situation
    rang them today and its still being processed
    bear in mind i applied on the first day they opened
    replacing one broken system with another
    im so bloody frustrated :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My 2-3 week wait ended up only being about a week and a half. Not the worst but I still don't understand what would be so hard about making them in the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

copperhead wrote: »
    update on the licence situation
    rang them today and its still being processed
    bear in mind i applied on the first day they opened
    replacing one broken system with another
    im so bloody frustrated :mad:

I arrived in Cork this morning at 9.15 and left at 12.30, the que was unreal but I had to sit it out. Anyway I had a lot of bother trying to add categories to my licence whic I was entitled to but even after I phoned the RSA to confirm it they still wouldn't believe me.

Anyway after that yer one's computer fcuked up so it lengthened the whole process.

BTW you can make an appointment but you must visit the centre to do so..

• Advertisement

Went with my wife on Saturday to get her permit. In the door at 09:09, got no. 42 in the queue (was on 26). Left the place at 10:27.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭alentejo

I went to the City West office last Tuesday at 9 and was on my way at 9.10. Told that licence would be issued next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 talboy73

Been waiting three weeks now for them to issue licence. Phoned their 'helpline' to be told they have 'major delays' in their mail room. What a f*** up!
    Need to hire a car in the UK soon, can't see they'll want to accept the receipt from the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Imo people need to take a stand on some of the rsa's policies. While they do some good Imo they have to much power on their hands.

Some of their policies are Il thought out and far removed from road safety. Things such as this NDLS malarkey is only making things more difficult for people rather than making things better or safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Anyone know if Citywest has smaller footfall or whatever?

Went to Santry today and was a joke.

Got there at 3pm and was told no more tickets today even though open until 5pm.

• Advertisement

Citywest was alright when I was there, loads of people had taken tickets and fecked off, meaning there was about 1/3 the amount of people stated ages of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 abrushka

I applied to the Leopardstown centre on November 10th for a replacement license. I arrived to my home address in Wexford today and low and behold my license had arrived!! The letter is dated November 14th which suggests they processed it within 5 days?!

I find this all very strange as I was told it would take 4 weeks when in the centre and when I rang the helpline on Wednesday (November 20th) they told me that my application was still being processed.

I am obviously delighted it has been processed this quickly but it doesn't reflect well on the call centres ability to track the progress of an application. Also very strange that I have received mine before people who applied on the first day the centers opened. There is a complete lack of consistency in the amount of time it is taking to process applications.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

abrushka wrote: »
    I applied to the Leopardstown centre on November 10th for a replacement license. I arrived to my home address in Wexford today and low and behold my license had arrived!! The letter is dated November 14th which suggests they processed it within 5 days?!

I find this all very strange as I was told it would take 4 weeks when in the centre and when I rang the helpline on Wednesday (November 20th) they told me that my application was still being processed.

I am obviously delighted it has been processed this quickly but it doesn't reflect well on the call centres ability to track the progress of an application. Also very strange that I have received mine before people who applied on the first day the centers opened. There is a complete lack of consistency in the amount of time it is taking to process applications.

I was in same centre a week before you and still waiting. They appear to not have a clue what they are doing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

copacetic wrote: »
    I was in same centre a week before you and still waiting. They appear to not have a clue what they are doing really.

Me too :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

They know what they are doing , the real problem is that the RSA wanted this system pushed out as quick as possible, The system give problems from time to time , theres not much the staff in the centers can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Same here, been 3 weeks now, still waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Just to give a slightly different perspective but I applied for my license on the last day of the old system and received it 3.5 weeks later. Applied in the Ballymun centre.

Seems very random as to how long it takes people to receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Does anyone know what is the waiting time for new licence in Galway?

One month since applying, still waiting for my license... Might call them Monday to see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

One month since applying, still waiting for my license... Might call them Monday to see what the story is.

Was that in Leopardstown? I am waiting almost 4 weeks too, so you're not alone there. Luckily I am in no rush.

• Advertisement

Was that in Leopardstown? I am waiting almost 4 weeks too, so you're not alone there. Luckily I am in no rush.
    Yup Leopardstown. I'm in no rush either, but I want to have it at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I went to Citywest last saturday and was told 2 weeks.

Not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

Anyone know what you need with you when your applying for your learners permit? I'll be applying for my permit next week and I haven't a clue what I need. Cheers.

redout wrote: »
    I went to Citywest last saturday and was told 2 weeks.

Not holding my breath.

They told me 3 and I had it in 1.5, not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Wife went up on the midterm gone. Had all documents,paid in full. A week later she gets a letter saying that her PPSN number wasn't included. Had to send it in again and that was eon's ago now....bloody joke.

The examiner forgot to photocopy the PPSN number and the way the letter was worded you would think it was my wife's fault.

Still no license!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Walshey96 wrote: »
    Anyone know what you need with you when your applying for your learners permit? I'll be applying for my permit next week and I haven't a clue what I need. Cheers.

walshey96 here ya go http://www.ndls.ie/en/learner-permit/how-to-apply.html Shame I can't click on the link for you huh ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

DON'T call them i did that one day and the bastards took €5 of credit off me for 5mins onto them no exaggeration. and i was left listening to that ****ing annoying music for most of the 5mins. email them

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

D Trent wrote: »
    walshey96 here ya go http://www.ndls.ie/en/learner-permit/how-to-apply.html Shame I can't click on the link for you huh ?

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Hi,

Does anyone know if the photos being captured in NDLS centres are taken in private (in a separate room or in a private booth etc) or in the open floor?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

UDP wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone know if the photos being captured in NDLS centres are taken in private (in a separate room or in a private booth etc) or in the open floor?

Thanks.

At the booth you apply at (seated, curtain drawn). Each desk has its own camera.

Curious, why?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement