Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's a lift from the top of sen's down to the entrance. Be careful though, I got nailed by the lizard men at the bottom when I used it, lost a tonne of souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

krudler wrote: »
    Ooh, got to Anor Londo, it's so pretty. Used the great club with power within and charcoal pine resin, took down the Iron Golem in about 8 hits, take that mutha****a!

That NPC phantom was directly right of the boss fog gate across a short walkway. Black Iron Tarkus, he is an absolute beast who can take down the iron golem without your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Found the elevator back to the beginning of Sen's, phew least I don't have to trudge back down through the boulders and traps. I got a pile of souls and levelled up a few things, have a Raw Uchigatana now and a Crystal Halberd +3, it's a wrecking machine, one shotting every standard enemy :D Gonna go back to the Undead Asylum now and fcuk those knights and demon up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

1462902_10152382233704152_226807668_n.jpg

Wahey found some gold pine resin, those big mushroom creatures in Darkroot drop it, but good jesus do they pack a punch, one hit me and knocked my health down to nothing. Decided to give it a try with the crystal halberd, slapped the living crap out of the bridge wyvern in about 5 hits, what a weapon. Will give Sif a bash again with that equipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Wahey found some gold pine resin, those big mushroom creatures in Darkroot drop it, but good jesus do they pack a punch, one hit me and knocked my health down to nothing. Decided to give it a try with the crystal halberd, slapped the living crap out of the bridge wyvern in about 5 hits, what a weapon. Will give Sif a bash again with that equipped.

dark-souls-come-at-me-bro-mushroom-punch-ko.gif?w=545

akzKK.png

Got a bit slap happy with my crystal halberd it's nearly broken, gahh. Will level it up again to fix it and save it for bosses in future. What's the story with divine weapons? the blacksmith in Undead Parish said he can't use the ember I have is there another one who can?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got a bit slap happy with my crystal halberd it's nearly broken, gahh. Will level it up again to fix it and save it for bosses in future. What's the story with divine weapons? the blacksmith in Undead Parish said he can't use the ember I have is there another one who can?

Hmm could have sworn Andrei in undead parish took that ember. You could try the guy at the bottom of the lift in Firelink, rather than going left for new londo ruins head right and down the steps.

Also the silver knight spear is a divine weapon, you'll only ever need to use one in the catacombs later on when fighting skeletons anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Which ember is it ? I think you have to give him the Divine ember before you give him the large one... not sure tho.

I'll have to check, have a bunch of it, green, twinkling, demon, some other rare one I got near the roided up mushroom people in the forest. at level 50 now. I haven't been able to get online mode in the last few days, wonder if the servers are gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

I'm almost positive that you give the divine ember to Andrei the blacksmith in the undead parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Hey guys, collected alot from Dark souls if anyone needs any Boss souls or any items in general hit me up or add me, Carniflex

Cant belive only found this thread now :) Looking at doing a new build aswell anyway i can move some items to my new Build?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

If I remember correctly, in regards the embers, who takes which ones are:
    - Andrei (Undead Parish):
    Large Ember, Very Large Ember, Raw Ember, Divine Ember, Large Divine Ember, Dark Ember
    - Vamos (Catacombs):
    Large Flame Ember, Chaos Flame Ember
    - Rickert (New Londo Ruins):
    Large Magic Ember, Enchanted Ember
    - Giant Blacksmith (Anor Londo):
    Crystal Ember

You can upgrade any +5 weapon to Magic or Fire yourself. The Giant Blacksmith is the only one to upgrade weapons to
    Lightning
    (no Ember required) and also the only one to upgrade weapons to boss level (using Boss Souls)

^ Cheers for that, handy to know. Looking forward to giving this another playthrough as a different class, knowing the areas makes the world of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

^ Cheers for that, handy to know. Looking forward to giving this another playthrough as a different class, knowing the areas makes the world of difference.

This is a good site for planning your next build! A FTH/DEX build is a lot a fun, and good for a second playthrough! :D

This is a good site for planning your next build! A FTH/DEX build is a lot a fun, and good for a second playthrough! :D

Ooh dead handy, cheers.

I'll have to check, have a bunch of it, green, twinkling, demon, some other rare one I got near the roided up mushroom people in the forest. at level 50 now. I haven't been able to get online mode in the last few days, wonder if the servers are gone?

Just tried it there and can get online no problem. As far as I remember Dark Souls is peer to peer not servers so maybe it's something on your end??

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Conza41

I've had the game for quite a while now, but I'm still a real newbie at the moment. I've not finished it yet, but I've made decent enough progress (I hope). I've had two playthroughs, the first one I gave up on since I messed it up overall, wasn't doing much damage, not a clue what I was doing. Made a new one, as a bandit. I saw an instand build method which involves running through the Valley of the Drakes to get Astorias sword (I believe that's what it was.), and into Darkroot Garden to get Elite Knight Armour. I went back to Firelink Shrine and carried out the game from there, into the Undead areas.

I managed to get the Drake Sword in this playthrough, which I'm finding really helpful. I've heard it's not great when you get to the mid-game point. Using the Elite knight armour and the Drake Sword (And the Dragon Crest Shield), I've been easily going through the undead areas, the bosses were fairly easy to beat, The Depths was pretty annoying since I got cursed (Broke it now though), I've beaten the Gaping Dragon and I've had my first taste of Blightown. I'll be honest, I've only entered it and already it's a massive pain in the behind! I left and went back to the Undead Asylum, figured I'd so some other areas and try to level up.

I'm currently level 24, not great I'd imagine, but I'm a real newbie at this, still learning the basics of the game. I was wondering if any of you guys could give me a few pointers on where I should go next, what I should do/get. I've not done much, but I'm loving this game a lot and would like to go through a few playthroughs of it.

Thanks in advance.

Conza41 wrote: »
    I'm currently level 24, not great I'd imagine, but I'm a real newbie at this, still learning the basics of the game. I was wondering if any of you guys could give me a few pointers on where I should go next, what I should do/get. I've not done much, but I'm loving this game a lot and would like to go through a few playthroughs of it.

Thanks in advance.

If you've managed to do all that at SL24, you are FLYING!!! What kind of a build do you think you're planning on running?

Generally speaking, practice backstabbing. It'll really help against the fatties in Blighttown, the knights in Anor Londo, and the Darkwraiths of New Londo.

Help people out against bosses online using your white soap stone. It lowers the faith requirement for joining the Sunlight Warriors covenant, which gives you friggin LIGHTNING BOLTS!

If you want a really strong weapon early on, get it to +5 and head down to Vamos in the Catacombs and ascend it to a Fire weapon. If you're having trouble with skeleton revival, that Astora's straight sword will stop em coming back.

Finally, when you clear the game, watch ALL of these!

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Just tried it there and can get online no problem. As far as I remember Dark Souls is peer to peer not servers so maybe it's something on your end??

Working fine last night again, weird, first game said it was only available offline but as I was playing messages started appearing and could see other players bloodstains and that, all good again. I've only been invaded once in all the time I'v been playing but I tend to stay hollow and just human up to fight bosses and kindle.

• Advertisement

This will probably get taken down super-quick, so watch it while you can! It looks lush!!!

Working fine last night again, weird, first game said it was only available offline but as I was playing messages started appearing and could see other players bloodstains and that, all good again. I've only been invaded once in all the time I'v been playing but I tend to stay hollow and just human up to fight bosses and kindle.

That is weird, last time I checked the Demons Souls servers were still up so I don't think FROM will be turning off multiplayer anytime soon. Oh and by the way, if you haven't already, have fun with the Anor Londo boss. :)

Conza41 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

To add to what saidinmilamber said, Blightown is your next stop. You could probably level up to about 30/35 and still be able to summon help. Health and stamina is always good to level up, then depending on if you're playing with strength/dexterity or magic throw some points into whichever one you need.

This will probably get taken down super-quick, so watch it while you can! It looks lush!!!

Big step up on the graphics, dat bonfire. Hope the framerate stays steady its mank in some parts of DS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Finally, when you clear the game, watch ALL of these!

Finished it last night after fighting Gwyn about 20 times. Great game - one of the best I have ever played but a little disappointed that I had no idea what was going on at the ending and had to look it up. Maybe I missed a lot but I dont think so, other than that it was £20 well spent, going for the DLC now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Icaras wrote: »
    Finished it last night after fighting Gwyn about 20 times. Great game - one of the best I have ever played but a little disappointed that I had no idea what was going on at the ending and had to look it up. Maybe I missed a lot but I dont think so, other than that it was £20 well spent, going for the DLC now.

The vagueness is usually seen as a positive thing! I didn't have a clue what was going on at first but if you put in the effort to find out about the story and lore you'll find it had one of the deepest and most interesting worlds in any game. Epicnamebro has some great videos on YouTube about the story and all his ideas and theories, well worth watching one you've finished the game

Icaras wrote: »
    Finished it last night after fighting Gwyn about 20 times. Great game - one of the best I have ever played but a little disappointed that I had no idea what was going on at the ending and had to look it up.

Like everything in this game, if you want the storyline, you better WORK for it! The lore is embedded in there, but don't expect any nice and easy exposition :D

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Harps wrote: »
    The vagueness is usually seen as a positive thing! I didn't have a clue what was going on at first but if you put in the effort to find out about the story and lore you'll find it had one of the deepest and most interesting worlds in any game. Epicnamebro has some great videos on YouTube about the story and all his ideas and theories, well worth watching one you've finished the game

Yea I see your point and love the whole loneliness of the game being dumped in Firelink Shrine and having the you find your own way feel - thats part of what made the game so great. Even the
    walking out the door ending
    was fine for me (I youtubed it) but the other one I was just disappointed with.
    Ill check out a few of his videos - thanks for the head up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I found the lightning spear you get from the Mimic in Sen's Fortress to be a great beginners weapon that got me through most of the game in both my playthroughs.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I found the lightning spear you get from the Mimic in Sen's Fortress to be a great beginners weapon that got me through most of the game in both my playthroughs.

Used that a few times, dead handy for anything weak to lightning. am in the Painted World of Ariamis (sp?) now. Will get stuck into that tomorrow.

Advertisement