Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions..

Options
  • 04-11-2013 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm really thinking about attending Mary I next year but I am completely ignorant of everything to do with it.
    1. Is Mary I a branch of UL or is it a completely separate college?
    2. Are Mary I students allowed to use the library in UL?
    3. Is it a big college?
    4. Is there good accommodation?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

1. Mary I's degrees are accredited by UL meaning your degree is from UL when you finish. We work off the same calendar as UL too. Some departments are very pro-UL, some are very pro MIC being a separate entity.

2. Yep, MIC students can use the UL library and vice versa.

3. It's big enough but nowhere near UL's size. It extends from the South Circular Road almost down as far as the Dock Road. Check it out on Google maps.

4. Plenty of nice accommodation around including city campus, ashdown, alandale and private houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jenly3

Good place to come if you like making friends quick . Because the college is smaller than usual colleges , you bump into people a lot more often then you would in a place like UL. around second year, you start to wish you went to UL , but only because their RAG week is so big ...and they have a couple of bars on campus... thats about it . Otherwise , Mary I is great. Lecturers get to know you by name which is very handy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Jenly3 wrote: »
    Good place to come if you like making friends quick . Because the college is smaller than usual colleges , you bump into people a lot more often then you would in a place like UL. around second year, you start to wish you went to UL , but only because their RAG week is so big ...and they have a couple of bars on campus... thats about it . Otherwise , Mary I is great. Lecturers get to know you by name which is very handy !!

There's two pubs within a 5 minute walk of the campus!
    Fennessy's does the best pint of Guinness in Limerick!

Advertisement