Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCFritz - No more OS

Options
  • 29-08-2013 7:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Looks like PC Fritz no longer sell or are not currently selling copies of Windows OSs. Is this normal? :eek:
    I cannot find it anywhere on their website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

Just tried the link I bought from a week or two ago - www.pcfritz.de/software/betriebssystem/windows-7-professional/10264/windows-7-professional-64-bit.

Dieser Artikel ist leider nicht mehr verfügbar!
    [This item is no longer available]

You could be out of luck :S

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bungo63

Copies of W764 Pro seems to disappearing everywhere. Amazon.co.uk only limited suppliers at the moment and these don't exactly inspire confidence.

I've found a German site site called OS-Operating-Systems.Com that has multilingual copies of Win 7 for sale and it looks fairly professional. Has anyone used them or have any expert opinions on how they are presenting the products i.e. do they look legit?

Just a quick update. PCFritz are selling copies of OS again. I've just ordered a copy of W7Pro 64 OEM for 35 euro delivered.

I did start to order a copy of of W7Pro from the other company but they have two satge payment process. This worried me so I did some googling. It seems that the holding company also had another company that got into trouble with Microsoft in 2012. This original company also sold through amazon and got terrible reviews. Needless to say I never completed the payment. A case of buyer beware!

If you're interested try googling TYR Holding GmbH (with google translate on) and you can read all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

bungo63 wrote: »
    Just a quick update. PCFritz are selling copies of OS again. I've just ordered a copy of W7Pro 64 OEM for 35 euro delivered.

I did start to order a copy of of W7Pro from the other company but they have two satge payment process. This worried me so I did some googling. It seems that the holding company also had another company that got into trouble with Microsoft in 2012. This original company also sold through amazon and got terrible reviews. Needless to say I never completed the payment. A case of buyer beware!

If you're interested try googling TYR Holding GmbH (with google translate on) and you can read all about it.

Let us know if your copy from PCFritz is ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭The Golden Teapot

segasega wrote: »
    Let us know if your copy from PCFritz is ok?

Got my copy off of pcfritz last week no problem with it. Says its for a dell but made no difference. Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Got my copy off of pcfritz last week no problem with it. Says its for a dell but made no difference. Great price.

What about shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Roy Rogers

It's about €15 for shopping. I paid €34.80 altogether I think (19.90 + shipping).

PCFritz seem to wobble between €29.90 and 19.90 as the list price -- if you see it at 29.90 it might be worth checking again a couple of days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 grizi

Add "Win7-PBA" in the voucher code field to get another 5 Euro off. Not sure how long it will work for...

Just to let you know that my order arrived at my office on Monday 9th September.

Packing was a an Amazon-like cardboard envolpe. Disc is in a platic case that has a seal on it. There is also a free biro in the envelope!!

Interestingly the postage stamps indicate Deutsche Post, Royal Mail and An Post No sign of the courier company (DHL I think) that is advertised on their web site.

The CD is a Dell Reinstallation DVD. Inside the plastic case is printed card that has the microsoft product key stuck on it. Here is google translation of what the card says.

The Product key guarantees that it is an original program from Microsoft.

The serial number is only valid for this microsoft product and protects the software against copyright infringement and unauthorized duplication

After the installation process you are prompted to activate Windows using the supplied serial number

Activate over the phone

1 If Windows can not be activated online, you can active Windows Center via the telephone system

2 Enable use of the open windows:
    Start button, right-click Computer
    > click Properties> activate Windows / Productkey other

3 Enter the product key for Windows, and then click Next

4 Click Use the automated phone system

5 Choose from the drop-down list your country

6 Choose one of the phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation

7 Follow the instructions on the screen

8 To the question: installation Number of hosts -> enter 1 This ensures that you install the key on only one computer

9 Type the confirmation ID in the empty space under step 3 in the activation dialog, click Next and follow the instructions

10th If activation is not successful, you stay on the line until you are transferred to a customer service representative who can help you

11. Your system is now successfully activated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭J_V_C

grizi wrote: »
    Add "Win7-PBA" in the voucher code field to get another 5 Euro off. Not sure how long it will work for...

Yep, still works. Windows Pro 64 € 29.80

Ta very much btw :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Placed an order not sure if it worked or not?

Didn't get any auto confirmation email, and says "Order has not been processed".

Does that mean it failed, or just that it hasn't been processed and shipped yet?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

marco_polo wrote: »
    Placed an order not sure if it worked or not?

Didn't get any auto confirmation email, and says "Order has not been processed".

Does that mean it failed, or just that it hasn't been processed and shipped yet?

Sorted! Got a lightning fast response to a support query I made this morning tellling me its on the way.

Just need something to use it on now, possible VESA sized mitx build AKA this effort from Calibros in mind.

Advertisement