Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avenged Sevenfold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I find them okish at best. Some of their stuff I can tolerate but the posing is just a massive put off. I have seen them live three times and I have given them every chance in blue hell but they're just blugghh..I will be attending the gig in December seeing as my kid sister loves them and I am the loving big sister who's going to take her....the things we do for love :rolleyes: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Avenged Sevenfold on the cover of the next Metal Hammer :D

1010327_10151711849179764_1925312800_n.jpg

Is that his actual hair? Zacky looks like a transvestite. Always had a lot of time for the band but their image is just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It sucks that Avenged Sevenfold only play 1 Irish date in December

Avenged_Sevenfold_cover_2007.jpg

Synyster Gates father Brian Haner will be guesting on 2 songs on Hail To The King

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'm more annoyed at the ****ty support compared to their U.S tour.

I'm not too pushed with Five Finger Death Punch, but Device would be off putting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Wonder if they will actually step up or sticking to their 10-12 songs a night, if they are dreaming of headlining download they'd want to be aiming for 16-20.

Why?? If it sold well they would've added Belfast like initially leaked by Kerrang
    Really don't get this attitude, big rock/metal acts playing big venues in Ireland is a rarity and should be embraced instead of mulling over the support acts like them or not most people in the rock/metal community have heard of 5FDP & Dave Draiman, Biffy Clyro and Tenacious D played there at similar ticket pricing and had relative unknowns supporting. Personally I didnt think much of 5FDP until I saw them live. If they were anywhere near as good as this summer they'll be a tough act to follow even for Avenged. True the U.S. acts (Ghost&Deftones) would also suit me also but I think we should be thankful for what we do have.

Wonder if they will actually step up or sticking to their 10-12 songs a night, if they are dreaming of headlining download they'd want to be aiming for 16-20.

Why?? If it sold well they would've added Belfast like initially leaked by Kerrang

Really don't get this attitude, big rock/metal acts playing big venues in Ireland is a rarity and should be embraced instead of mulling over the support acts like them or not most people in the rock/metal community have heard of 5FDP & Dave Draiman, Biffy Clyro and Tenacious D played there at similar ticket pricing and had relative unknowns supporting. Personally I didnt think much of 5FDP until I saw them live. If they were anywhere near as good as this summer they'll be a tough act to follow even for Avenged. True the U.S. acts (Ghost&Deftones) would also suit me also but I think we should be thankful for what we do have.

Think you took my complaining a bit more serious than I meant it. I just really like Ghost and wanted to see them :pac:

Courtesy of Metal Hammer magazine

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

All style, no substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Think you took my complaining a bit more serious than I meant it. I just really like Ghost and wanted to see them :pac:
    Not too serious just questionable :pac:, ya would wanna see Ghost(again) meself that new album is a tad addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Metal Hammer Review:
    NaH9TRy.jpg

Rocksound Review: (these the dudes who gave S/T just 1/10)
    gq6srUc.jpg

Classic Rock Magazine Review:
    7J29uqQ.jpg

Album is currently being streamed on iTunes!!!!!

Enjoy people!!

wprathead wrote: »
    Album is currently being streamed on iTunes!!!!!

Enjoy people!!
    Fuck me it's good.

First listening, these the 4 that stood out:
    Heretic
    Coming Home
    Planets
    Acid Rain

Just made fresh jug of Coffee and time for Round 2
    :D:D

EDIT:
    After Round 2 Album is even better
    Songs that have grown most on me after 2nd listening:
    Crimson Day
    Requiem
    Shepard of Fire

Acid Rain is fast becoming one of my fav songs

The usual massively split opinion in reviews for their albums. It's great craic reading the reviews.

Hail To The King is GLORIOUS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Enjoying it so far.

I think a lot of people just come into their albums with pre-conceived ideas and just choose not to like them from the get go. A lot of people seem to hold it against them that they rose so rapidly to being such a popular act. They'd probably have more fans if they were less popular for a few more years.

I used to like their image but not a fan at the moment of the look. M.Shadows was way cooler with the shaved head. All that's pretty irrelevant to me though. If the music is enjoyable and they put on a good show in December then happy days.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Enjoying it so far.

I think a lot of people just come into their albums with pre-conceived ideas and just choose not to like them from the get go. A lot of people seem to hold it against them that they rose so rapidly to being such a popular act. They'd probably have more fans if they were less popular for a few more years.

I used to like their image but not a fan at the moment of the look. M.Shadows was way cooler with the shaved head. All that's pretty irrelevant to me though. If the music is enjoyable and they put on a good show in December then happy days.

I think that's pretty accurate. I came across a review earlier where the reviewer was complaing about the lyrics. Quoted a passage from one of the songs and didn't even get it right :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

For anyone in Dublin Thursday night, Club Poison in association with Warner Music Ireland & RoadRunner Records are throwing an album release party for Avenged Sevenfold's Hail To The King with the album being played at 21:15 before it goes on worldwide sale the next day

Loving M.Shadows vocals on this album. A step up from Nightmare as a whole in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Acid Rain is absolutely amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I didn't like the track "Hail To The King" and because of it I had a feeling the album wouldn't be great. After streaming the album tonight, I think it's fair to say I was wrong. I think it's a great album. :)

Getting a very "Dimebag" feel to this track's solo. Niiice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

St. Jimmy wrote: »
    I didn't like the track "Hail To The King" and because of it I had a feeling the album wouldn't be great. After streaming the album tonight, I think it's fair to say I was wrong. I think it's a great album. :)

Getting a very "Dimebag" feel to this track's solo. Niiice.

I think it reminds me of

Just heard St. James. Well worth checking out!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

They obviously listened to "Enter Sandman", "Sad But True" - that riff, "Nothing Else Matters", late '90s Megadeth, "Fear of the Dark", and the vocal melodies on one of the songs (near the start, can't remember the name as its disposable stuff really) is so "Nightrain" Axl will be suing \m/

They obviously listened to "Enter Sandman", "Sad But True" - that riff, "Nothing Else Matters", late '90s Megadeth, "Fear of the Dark", and the vocal melodies on one of the songs (near the start, can't remember the name as its disposable stuff really) is so "Nightrain" Axl will be suing \m/

The constant bashing of this band for being obvious with their influences (and yes, at times, derivative) is getting really tiresome. They aren't the first band to do it, they won't be the last, and it doesn't make their music less enjoyable by default.

• Advertisement

The constant bashing of this band for being obvious with their influences (and yes, at times, derivative) is getting really tiresome. They aren't the first band to do it, they won't be the last, and it doesn't make their music less enjoyable by default.

Agreed. It does feel at times like listening to Metallica or Maiden with M.Shadows voice but I for one like it.

Some of the riffs sound like stuff we have all heard before but they just sound quality when mixed in with Shadows vocals.

People were worried about the drumming but I think it was nailed.

Can't wait for the Live show as going by the album it is going to be unlike anything we have seen from them in Ireland yet with the added Pyro.

Advertisement