Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Dynasty League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Tristram wrote: »
    First choice if that's me ;)

Judging by the last few pages the order would be gufc21, taidghbaby, tristram and padraig f

Still want the choice??? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Masked Man wrote: »
    I can understand that, if I had to cut back on fantasy I'd give preference to keeper/dynasty leagues because I made a commitment to the format but I guess that's more personal choice. I just think it's bad form to take a pass because your team is bad, or you don't like the format on ESPN (lol), you don't like IDP or some other crappy reason.

Well for you what may be a "crappy reason" is a perfectly valid reason for someone else.

When deciding on leagues for this year I decided I wanted to only be in leagues I could dedicate the time to. I was in 8 or 9 leagues last year so wanted to cut back to 3 or 4 max.

I personally haven't enjoyed IDP but the main reason is that I haven't particularly enjoyed this league, not much banter went on and little to no trading. I don't really know anyone in the league so it may as well have been a random league.

I don't feel I should continue with the league to keep others happy so as long as there are people looking to get involved I think it's much better to have someone who is very interested in the league and can dedicate the time rather than someone like me who would be just going through the motions for another season.

If there was noone else looking to get involved I wouldn't have a problem managing the team rather than leaving it idle, but feel it's much better to give it to one of the lads looking to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Judging by the last few pages the order would be gufc21, taidghbaby, tristram and padraig f

Still want the choice??? :D

You need to go back farther ;)

You need to go back farther ;)

I didnt go back to last year and really dont want to. Im gonna do it on a random basis. Fairest system for all.

I didnt go back to last year and really dont want to. Im gonna do it on a random basis. Fairest system for all.

Righto :)

I liked the number idea posted above :)

• Advertisement

Ok i got a reply from mayordenis and he's in for this year that means the next step is to assign the four teams to their new owners. The teams are

Lomira Lions/Slinger Owls (Ninth pick in rookie draft)
    Team 4thandforever (Fifth pick in rookie draft)
    Oh Look An Eagle (Third pick in rookie draft)
    Dunluce Demons (First pick in rookie draft)

I've assigned each of these a number between 1 and 4. The new owners of gufc21, taidghbaby, tristram and padraig f will choose a number and they will be assigned a team accordingly. Once you have your team PM me your email address and i'll get you invited to the league

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Ok cool, I'll go with number 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

1 please!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Guffy

And that leaves Tristram with 4. The sequence i sent as a PM to UCD was 3142 so....

Padraig f gets Lomira Lions
    Taidghbaby gets Team 4thandforever
    Tristram gets Oh Look An Eagle
    Gufc21 gets Dunluce Demons

Send me a PM with your email address and i'll get you added to the league

• Advertisement

Thanks Spongey!

Just got a look at my team. Aaron Hernandez. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Finally managed to cut down my roster to 25 keepers, surprisingly difficult at the lower end of the roster.

Updated trading block, have a lot of good defensive players available and some backup and young promising RBs

Looking for upgrade at RB, TE or draft picks.

Ok folks we have a full league again. Thanks newbies for doing this quickly. I've sent an email to everyone in the league highlighting our next step is cutdowns to 25, there is an option to nominate your keepers. As soon as everyone has their 25 keepers nominated we can move on to the draft.

Draft picks are tradeable but i honestly dont know how good ESPN are at that element. If someone wants to trade a pick and the site wont allow it then just send me a note on it and i'll manually adjust the draft order

The current draft order in each of the 5 rounds is as follows:

1. gufc21
    2. Mayordenis
    3. Tristram
    4. Barbarians
    5. Taidghbaby
    6. Bigbadrob83
    7. UCD AFC
    8. Masked Man
    9. Padraig F
    10. Eagle Eye
    11. UnitedIrishman
    12. Spongey1975

Down to 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I presume there is no adding FAs at this time? Just dropping my players now.

will do it tonight, have a decent enough squad tbf, weak at RB though... from what i can remember

UCD AFC wrote: »
    I presume there is no adding FAs at this time? Just dropping my players now.

No adds til after the draft. I couldnt see a way to turn them off but im gonna reverse any add i see. Once the draft is over then i'll set the waivers to run where people can add free agents & undrafted rookies

No adds til after the draft. I couldnt see a way to turn them off but im gonna reverse any add i see. Once the draft is over then i'll set the waivers to run where people can add free agents & undrafted rookies

I've been adding and dropping players all evening and I hope none of my additions will be taken away. From what I can see this year's draftees are the only ones who are untouchable in-game.

I've been adding and dropping players all evening and I hope none of my additions will be taken away. From what I can see this year's draftees are the only ones who are untouchable in-game.

Im gonna reverse the 4 additions and put back the 4 drops. You even took a rookie who would be one of top rookies taken in draft. Defeats the purpose of a rookie draft

I would ask everyone to just drop to 25 and do no additions, i dont know how to shut it off so just gotta rely on ye not adding until after the draft

Once the rookie draft is over then everyone will have a chance to acquire free agents in the normal way

Im gonna reverse the 4 additions and put back the 4 drops. You even took a rookie who would be one of top rookies taken in draft. Defeats the purpose of a rookie draft

I would ask everyone to just drop to 25 and do no additions, i dont know how to shut it off so just gotta rely on ye not adding until after the draft

Once the rookie draft is over then everyone will have a chance to acquire free agents in the normal way

What rookie did I take? As I said in my previous post I don't think it's possible to take rookies as they are reserved for the draft (as they should be).

There was no problem with Vick Ballard being picked up in the middle of June long after the season ended and there's nothing in the rules about there being some magical special time of the year that you are not allowed to pick up FAs. :mad:

• Advertisement

What rookie did I take? As I said in my previous post I don't think it's possible to take rookies as they are reserved for the draft (as they should be).

There was no problem with Vick Ballard being picked up in the middle of June long after the season ended and there's nothing in the rules about there being some magical special time of the year that you are not allowed to pick up FAs. :mad:

Firstly, TAVON AUSTIN is the rookie you took. He would be one of the top rookies taken in the draft.

Secondly, Jake Ballard was picked up by Masked Man in June but he dropped him again in July. At that time most of us assumed FA adds were locked until the draft but that wasnt the case. I assumed Masked Man dropped Ballard in the interest of fairness.

You are right we dont have any rules in place, we dont even have any rules in place to operate the draft so technically we can have a free for all and just grab whoever we want. I am trying to get through this offseason as fairly as possible which means everyone gets a crack at the same free agents at the same time. If people dont want that i'll switch back on FAs (i figured out how to turn them off) and we can have our free for all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I'm assuming you mean Jake Ballard (Vick was picked up last October). I picked up Ballard becasue I had a horrible situation at TE last year and figured he might have some value early on. I didn't know what the rules were going to be on FAs and figured it was better to be safe and pick him up. After Hernandez was arrested I made a post saying I was leaning toward dropping him. Rob said he assumed FA was locked so I dropped him.

Too many Ballards :o

Sorry about Tavon Austin - in my defense I have been drinking - I absolutely understand rookies not being taken until the draft.

However, I really don't get FAs not being taken. Why not? What's the point? Does that mean no-one is allowed trade in the off-season either? Dynasty 7 days a week, 365 days a year!

I understand the 365 days a year thing but in reality its not. People disappear once the season ends and dont come back until July/August.

Im in a few other dynasty leagues and in every one of them FAs are closed prior to the draft. If people here want it open then i will open them but i dont see the fairness in allowing your adds to stand when everyone else assumed FAs were shut til after the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Too many Ballards :o

Sorry about Tavon Austin - in my defense I have been drinking - I absolutely understand rookies not being taken until the draft.

However, I really don't get FAs not being taken. Why not? What's the point? Does that mean no-one is allowed trade in the off-season either? Dynasty 7 days a week, 365 days a year!

The problem with picking up FAs now is that people could be assuming that FA is locked til after the draft and it's a bit unfair to get the jump on them.

I'd vote to keep it locked til after the draft. We're already on that road and I'd like a bit of time to get ready for an offline rookie draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Think I'm down to 25. My first time playing dynasty, and I see there's some different rules to the standard format, so if I'm doing anything wrong, let me know.

Lads when do the cuts need to be done by. Have 3 done now but with it being first time wit idp I'll have to a bit of research later. Round 10 or so

gufc21 wrote: »
    Lads when do the cuts need to be done by. Have 3 done now but with it being first time wit idp I'll have to a bit of research later. Round 10 or so

Im not imposing any timescale for the cut downs so take your time if you need to do more research

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Thanks for keeping an eye on this Spongey.
    Yeah we had all agreed to keep FA pickups until after the rookie draft, then back to FAAB

Also, good idea to update your trading blocks lads, especially the new guys as it will carry over from previous owners' settings.
    Only 3 of us have updated since last season so some of them look a bit strange

• Advertisement

Am I right in thinking that being a dynasty league the rookie draft will not be a snake draft? I mean I have the first pick in all rounds?

Advertisement