Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely Disgruntled Vodafone Customer

Options
  • 10-07-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

I switched to Vodafone bill pay in May on a 24 month contract to get the Lumia 920.
    For the month I had the phone everything was going great. The phone was great and it worked perfectly no problems.

At the start of June the phone's power button just stopped working for no discernible reason. I didn't drop it, bang it or allow it to be struck by any objects.

Anyway, I brought the phone immediately up to Vodafone in Liffey Valley and I requested a repair when I was told it would take approximately 5 working days to be fixed.

It is now just about a month since then and there is no sign of my phone being fixed in the foreseeable future. I have been getting messages from Vodafone telling me the parts for the phone are still pending.

I am beyond angry. They understood my problems in the store but they would not do anything else beyond tell me that I have to wait until my phone is repaired, regardless of how long it takes.

I'm just wondering if I have any further options available. Small claims court etc.

TLDR; Lumia 920 breaks second month into 24 month contract with Vodafone.

Awaiting repair for the past month. Most likely going to have to wait longer.
    Vodafone will not entertain the possibility of a replacement or refund.

Vodafone customer service are useless.

Options ??

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

A fault in the first month??? Replacement or refund would be what I would have demanded. The item was clearly not of merchantable quality in the first place.

If you don't get quick satisfaction, small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Vodafone haven't completed their end of the bargain. tell them they're in breach of contract by nut providing the service signed up to and threaten them with small claims court.

also request compensation and a new phone. after that terminate the contract.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

also request compensation and a new phone. after that terminate the contract.

You're not entitled to any compensation.

You are entitled to a replacement phone or refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Paulw wrote: »

They msu be compensated for the period the phone was out of use. This would cover line rental etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Paulw wrote: »

the contract is based on the phone received, this would include the line rental which subsidises the phone.

The phone is faulty and not present, for the duration I don't have the phone I would be requesting the line rental be refunded or reduced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement