Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

My Ciaté order still hasn't shipped nor has there been any change on the status on my account on their site.

I got two Rimmel polishes in Dealz today for €1.49 each, I got Coralicious and Movie Star.

Think I'll put on Coralicious tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Got my Thursday treat manicure yesterday. The colour is OPI's Java Mauve-a, and I love it. Such a nice neutral pinky/browny shade.
    JavaMauve-AS461.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I did a summer gradient mani today, and topped it off with a glitter topcoat (couldn't resist!)

Pic from my own blog :)

20130706_172843_1_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

How is that gradient look actually achieved? :o

I think that looks really realy cool dancingqueen. :D

How is that gradient look actually achieved? :o

I used the yellow first all over, then I cut up a kitchen sponge and painted both colours, the green overlapping the yellow and dabbed it on :)

• Advertisement

If I tried it I would make a horrendous mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If I tried it I would make a horrendous mess!

Gradients are actually really easy. I'm not very good with my hands and I can master them! I use make up sponges.

Maybe someday :)

Seen as there has been no change with my Ciate order I have emailed them and asked for my order to be cancelled so I hope they will cancel it.

I paid via PayPal so if I don't hear anything by Wednesday I will be opening up a dispute.

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Seen as there has been no change with my Ciate order I have emailed them and asked for my order to be cancelled so I hope they will cancel it.

I paid via PayPal so if I don't hear anything by Wednesday I will be opening up a dispute.
    Eek! It's been less than a week. When companies have these huge sales, orders often can't be dispatched as quickly due to the sheer volume of orders. When Illamasqua had 50% off, I didn't get mine for two weeks. You shouldn't expect it to ship quickly, especially with free shipping.

• Advertisement

Just put sellotape around your nail to catch the overflow :D makes it simples then!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Anyone recommend a really good nail polish remover? I like strongly coloured, opaque polishes, and I find the Bourjois twisty jar with the sponge brilliant but expensive as it only lasts me 15 or 20 goes; not a fan of the Cutex and Sally Hansen acetone free ones, and find the Essence fruit-smelling one quite weak (lots of rubbing!), any suggestions? I'm not a fan of the pads like Quickies as I hate how they feel (yes I'm picky!)

dee_mc wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a really good nail polish remover? I like strongly coloured, opaque polishes, and I find the Bourjois twisty jar with the sponge brilliant but expensive as it only lasts me 15 or 20 goes; not a fan of the Cutex and Sally Hansen acetone free ones, and find the Essence fruit-smelling one quite weak (lots of rubbing!), any suggestions? I'm not a fan of the pads like Quickies as I hate how they feel (yes I'm picky!)

You need something with pure acetone. Not just part acetone, 100% is what you want. There is a good purple coloured one in Boots.

The one I use is from Dealz and it's decent enough. :)

Just found this site randomly but thought I'd share it here:

http://www.preen.me/tag/nails/

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

Thank you Purple Pawprints - even more reason for me to go out and spend hehehehe!

As for nail varnish remover - currently using one from Lidl. This shifted the Navy Blue & Silver Glitter nails I had without too much effort. Added bonus is that it comes as one of those spritz/pump dispensers, rather than having to tip the bottle upside down.

Does contain acetone and also with a "light almond fragrance" - a bit overpowering but hey it does the job :)

There are some really lovely ideas on that site. I only use varnish at the moment, and sometimes a glittery polish on an accent nail. I'd really like to start doing designs or something on them, what would I need? I'm a total newbie at this, up until a few months back I used to bite my nails to the point of bleeding. Gross I know. But I'm having fun finally using my nail varnish! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

There are some really lovely ideas on that site. I only use varnish at the moment, and sometimes a glittery polish on an accent nail. I'd really like to start doing designs or something on them, what would I need? I'm a total newbie at this, up until a few months back I used to bite my nails to the point of bleeding. Gross I know. But I'm having fun finally using my nail varnish! :)
    I use the crappy little lip brushes you get with Clinique Bonus Time lippies (I never use the glosses!) for dotting and lines for graphic nails etc, but my favourite for drawing freehand is an angled brush for gel eye-liner, it's either by Essence or Catrice, very easy to use :)

edit: this is the one!
    http://www.catrice.eu/products/beauty-tools/detail/product/gel-eye-liner-brush.html

I had one of those Essence eyeliner brushes somewhere. They're only like €3 anyways so maybe I'll get one when I'm next in the chemist. Thanks so much for the info. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Got this dress to wear for my birthday next weekend. Thoughts on nails? Colours/designs?
    The pale panels are nude/taupe

4563074077.jpg

• Advertisement

tomissex wrote: »
    Got this dress to wear for my birthday next weekend. Thoughts on nails? Colours/designs?

http://media.warehouse.co.uk/pws/client/images/catalogue/products/4563074077/xlarge/4563074077.jpg
    I think bright red would be fab with this, pink would be great too, but I think red would be nicer.

Yeah a red would be fab with that! :D

I found a random pink nail varnish in my room and it's really really pretty! No idea what brand or anything but I'll post in a bit when I take off what I have on them already.

It's like a deep pink. Ideas for an accent nail anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Hadn't even considered red! Thanks ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I'd say coral or deep pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

tomissex wrote: »

I thought these were so funky from the website that PurplePawprints posted above.

t6uj.jpg

http://www.preen.me/look/18220005

Finally got round to my nails... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Finally got round to my nails... :D

Me too. NYC Spring Tulip....nice and "summery" for next weeks heatwave :cool::cool:

ls4e.jpg

That's really pretty.

Really want to start trying little designs on mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

anniehoo that looks amazing love it!

anyone used the ciate chalk board kits? what did you think? I like the idea of them - drawing on nails seems easier than trying to paint on designs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Just wondering if you guys had some recommendations for a decent glitter nail polish? Looking for something super glittery and girly

Advertisement