Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes stores interview

Options
  • 07-07-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi all! So a few days ago I got a call asking me to come into my local Dunnes for an interview (I had dropped in a cv a couple of months back) and I'm wondering what is suitable to wear for the interview. My only previous experience with interviews is for college placement and I always wore a suit for them (I'm female btw) I'm just wondering if wearing a suit would be ok? Or would it appear too over dressed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'd say a suit would be fine, or given the current weather (yay!) the skirt or trousers of the suit with a nice shirt or blouse would also be appropriate. Better to be over- than under- dressed for an interview :)
    Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

suit without the jacket would be great.

The time I went for a Dunnes interview back in my college days, it was a room with about 15 "interviewees" all at the same time.

as long as you answered the questions in question time at the end you got the job!!

Fingers crossed its as easy as that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

I worked in Dunnes during college, and for my interview I wore trousers and a blouse, no jacket or anything. Just make sure everything's well ironed and you'll look good!

Advertisement