Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

This in a street where Shane MacGowan would be seen as a social drinker ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Gail is fairly fond of the wine too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

yeah seem's to be going that way... didn't she get plastered with eileen recently as well

If I lived in Coronation Street I'd be permanently sloshed. I fancy myself, as the past her prime but still in better nick than Gloria, spinster lady with 50 cats who moves into Owen's flat. Of course he doesn't know about the cats when she move in first. She's extremely rich, and eccentric enough to want to live there. The cats run riot on the street but she buys up everybody's mortgages and they have to put up with her and the exploding pussy population. My character is partial to a drop of Harvey's Bristol Cream every hour on the hour and starts up a weekly Whist session with Gail, Deirdre and Gloria.

This sheer tedium of this drives her further down the drink route and she is only saved by the new, young, hot guy from the RSPCA, who have been alerted to the cats by an anonymous phone call, and with whom she has a steamy affair. He is only after her money but fails to realise until too late that the reason she has money is because she draws in the young guys and then sells them into the sex industry in Japan (There's a minor branch of the Yakuza hidden out in Manchester.)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jimmyw wrote: »
    I missed the first part of it.Who was minding baby Jake while his parents were supping in the pub? When you've just had such trauma of having the child been "stolen" from you, I think you would not want to let him out of your sight?The last thing I would have thought you would be doing would be to be in the pub........

......and another thing, Gary and Izzy are very pally again with the woman who stole their child? I think one might not be to pleased to be too friendly to her for a while, if at all.Even Owen is offering to give Tina and Tommy the flat back?:eek:

Yeah, ok,ok I apologise, baby Jake is in hospital.Silly me.

They were falling over themselves being nice to her :confused: I assume that now as Gary is registered as the dad that she has signed over the baby to them

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Sure why not.. everyone needs knickers recession or no recession
    Cant see how they compete with Asian factories . All they do in underworld is gossip and they seem to have an awful lot of tea breaks as well as having a few drinks at lunch time in the rovers.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

It'd be a bit difficult to give Deirdre a 'hitting the bottle' or any other storyline atm with Ken missing..unless they come up with a good reason for his absence. The have seemed to've changed her character somewhat lately. Remember the Tyrone trial and the way she went on, like some kind of a silly old gossip. Up 'til now, Deirdre was always a decent enough person I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Anyone else find it odd Deirdre walking alone in the dead of night in an unlit park where she herself claims is generally inhabited by strange or unsavory folk?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Dr Carter is leaving!!! Whoop a new Dr for the medical centre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Cant see how they compete with Asian factories . All they do in underworld is gossip and they seem to have an awful lot of tea breaks as well as having a few drinks at lunch time in the rovers.:eek:

I always wonder how Izzy gets that wheelchair up the underworld step each day!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Duvetdays wrote: »
    I always wonder how Izzy gets that wheelchair up the underworld step each day!?

There's a side entrance. It was mentioned once.

• Advertisement

:(

doesn't matter who the new doctor is, he or she will hardly be a regular of the Rovers and won't be seen much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ann22 wrote: »
    It'd be a bit difficult to give Deirdre a 'hitting the bottle' or any other storyline atm with Ken missing..unless they come up with a good reason for his absence. The have seemed to've changed her character somewhat lately. Remember the Tyrone trial and the way she went on, like some kind of a silly old gossip. Up 'til now, Deirdre was always a decent enough person I thought.

Peter: And people wonder why I drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

syklops wrote: »

Look how different Peter looks in that.That scene was absolutely cringeworthy, totally silly, even with Blanche, but in the wrong setting........IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

jimmyw wrote: »
    Look how different Peter looks in that.That scene was absolutely cringeworthy, totally silly, even with Blanche, but in the wrong setting........IMO

Cringeworthy? That's one of the funniest scenes ever in Corrie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

LizT wrote: »
    Cringeworthy? That's one of the funniest scenes ever in Corrie!

Ever!

I dont get Jimmyw's problem with it, its great TV, and despite being a fan, I don't say that Corrie is good TV very often. I have to say Peters personification of the alcoholic is fantastic, the actor, Paul Gasgoine(?) does it surprisingly well. Acting drunk is hard, and he has great comic timing.

Jikashi, I too found it odd that Deirdre was out rambling in the dark with little Eccles. Very unbelievable that any woman of any age would do that.

I felt a great disturbance in the Forums, as if millions of women suddenly cried out in sadness and were suddenly silenced

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a494430/coronation-street-actor-oliver-mellor-quits-show.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Me too. :(

Norris and Mary don't even come close.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Me too. :(

Norris and Mary don't even come close.

Sylvia is the closest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jikashi wrote: »
    I felt a great disturbance in the Forums, as if millions of women suddenly cried out in sadness and were suddenly silenced

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a494430/coronation-street-actor-oliver-mellor-quits-show.html

No!!!! I'm not bothered now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

He's hardly ever in it.

That was difficult viewing. ..David munching on crisps and then picking his teeth...I wish soaps didn't try and make everything so natural

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

gail platt realy annoyed me in that scene with peter :mad: the way she moves bugs the **** ouuta me !!!

Roy the rebel will sleep in his vest, hee hee hee

how the feck did Hayley think Roy could sleep with those bells on his pjs? everytime he would move in the bed would be uncomfortable, she should just put a bell on the bedroom door :D

casio4 wrote: »
    how the feck did Hayley think Roy could sleep with those bells on his pjs? everytime he would move in the bed would be uncomfortable, she should just put a bell on the bedroom door :D

I don't think she expected him to sleep in them. She was making the point that he needed to see someone or he would keep on sleep walking.

Christ was Leanne annoying tonight. Before she'd even opened the card from Peter she was at him about Simon reminding him or him buying a cheap card. It's more than you damn deserve. Then being a cow at Nick and Kylie and Fail for the day over this and that. Reminded me of a child who thinks they can get away with being a brat to everyone because it's their day.

I see the autocorrect, but I think I'll leave it be.

I see the autocorrect, but I think I'll leave it be.

Ha ha ha thought that was intentional.

• Advertisement

David "I'm not Nelson Mandela":D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement