Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question About Submittimg To Penguin

Options
  • 04-06-2013 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to submit my work to Penguin today and have a quick question about the process.

To do it by post, they suggest amongst other things to submit between 20 and 40 pages of an exert.

With submitting electronically, it just says to submit your work. Should I submit the whole lot by email or just 20-40 pages?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Danpad

Straight from the Penguin's mouth: 'If you wish to submit electronically, please send a Word document consisting of a cover letter, short synopsis (no more than 500 words) and the work itself. The cover letter should include a brief summary of your book (a couple of sentences – not a synopsis) and a short note on yourself. Please do not send separate documents: all three elements should be included in a single document.

So, yes, it looks like they request the whole shebang. Make sure you've edited and rewritten x 1 zillion and are truly happy with what you're sending. Hope this helps and good luck!

Advertisement