Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good over the counter spot clearer/cleanser?

Options
  • 02-06-2013 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Howdee all,

Just wondering what you go for to clear up your skin when needed. Not wishing to start a metrosexual thread, but when I get a spot, my skin usually takes ages to heal. That's just me though. I've tried those bumpy cotton scrub pads, not noticed much difference. I'm currently going to try the shower gel scrub.
    I mainly get spots after I have been running, might get some on my chest, so just going to try different products.
    I sometimes get them on my neck after shaving as well..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

seachto7 wrote: »
    Howdee all,

Just wondering what you go for to clear up your skin when needed. Not wishing to start a metrosexual thread, but when I get a spot, my skin usually takes ages to heal. That's just me though. I've tried those bumpy cotton scrub pads, not noticed much difference. I'm currently going to try the shower gel scrub.
    I mainly get spots after I have been running, might get some on my chest, so just going to try different products.
    I sometimes get them on my neck after shaving as well..

I find that clean and clear daily exfoliating wash is pretty good, when used in conjunction with Quinoderm.
    The clean and clear stuff comes in a light blue pack, and is about €4.The Quinoderm I use is the 10% one which many people find to be too strong, so you can get 2.5% or 5% if it is too strong. It costs about €7-€8. I think you can only get it in a pharmacy, but it is OTC. For me though, the Quinoderm is actually excellent in dealing with spots. It prevents them moreso than it cures them, which is preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Buy a cleanser containing either salicyclc acid or glycolic acid and if your skin isnt natually sensitive and you aren't prone to redness or broken veins try an exfoliating scrub with those ingredients instead of just a wash.Most products now have an option of a wash or a scrub that has little grains to slough off dead skin cells.For your face or body Vichy Norma Derm is very good. The cleanser costs around 12 euro I think but it lasts ages. It's a very unisex product range too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I second Quinoderm! I used Quinoderm 5% and it's been a dignity saver. Also if you can pick up Nixoderm it's really good for direct action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Where would I get Quinoderm? Could it be bought over the counter in a pharmacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Yup, comes in a blue pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Vichy NORMADERM HYALUSPOT is the stuff. Get it on the spot as soon as possible and it clears up really quickly without being overly harsh on your skin. I see people recommending quinoderm, but that is quite hard on the skin and long-term it is very drying. Most pharmacies stock vichy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Yea, in particularly the smaller ones. Boots don't stock it anymore.

Advertisement