Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Homebrew?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Tullamore has started to stock now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Does Artaine Castle stock homebrew stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

Does Artaine Castle stock homebrew stuff?

Dont think so ,clarehall does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I'm thinking of starting a new hobby, does anyone know if they have these kits in Cork or Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barbazal

Iv recently got a home brew kit from tesco wexford and think its brillant but its a 2 hour round trip to get supplys would be brill if they had them in waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Welcome to boards.
    barbazal wrote: »
    Iv recently got a home brew kit from tesco wexford and think its brillant but its a 2 hour round trip to get supplys would be brill if they had them in waterford

You'd save a fortune in petrol buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 barbazal

Ill have to theirs so much more available online :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Weird, clarehall have moved the stock a bit and are charging 20 quid for the coopers kits, the youngs stuff is at the end of the aisle and there's barley wine, mild, lager and scottish heavy kits for 3.50!, some discounts on the wine kits too! Grabbed two barley wine and one scottish heavy, 10.50 for the lot. Might just throw the three into a bucket and see what sort of monstrosity comes out!

Going to head up in the morning pick up some of that, thanks for the tip

Where in the shop is it? Last time I was there it was over in the homewares section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Going to head up in the morning pick up some of that, thanks for the tip

Where in the shop is it? Last time I was there it was over in the homewares section

The discounted stuff is on the end of that aisle, there was a good few cheap kits left this evenin'.

Went up this morning and searched high and low but they must have removed the last of them, and re-stocked with newer stuff.

Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Are the bigger stores still doing homebrew? The last time I was in Clarehall they had sod all. I'm going past Clearwater later, does anyone know if they still stock HB supplys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Clearwater had bits last time I was in, a week or so ago.

Clearwater had bits last time I was in, a week or so ago.

Just bits or full range?

Bits and pieces. It's not a big seller for them, so they don't really maintain it.

• Advertisement

Very bad choice choice in Clearwater. And their prices have gone up a lot. Used to be €11 for 24peta bottles, gone up to €14. Most of the kits are €20. Think I'd rather purchase online.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

Anyone know if the Tesco in Maynooth or Naas sells the PET Bottles? I see from previous posts that the price has increased to €14 but I've just put in a HB order and didn't realise that I needed more bottles... (Only solution is to drink more I guess ;))... Might need to take a trip to Tesco to increase the stock. I don't fancy putting in another order online cos it costs €5 for delivery when I'll be passing near either Maynooth or Naas in the coming days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

lang wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Tesco in Maynooth or Naas sells the PET Bottles? I see from previous posts that the price has increased to €14 but I've just put in a HB order and didn't realise that I needed more bottles... (Only solution is to drink more I guess ;))... Might need to take a trip to Tesco to increase the stock. I don't fancy putting in another order online cos it costs €5 for delivery when I'll be passing near either Maynooth or Naas in the coming days.

was in Tesco Maynooth yesterday and very little homebrew gear in stock, plus have jacked up the prices of what is left :(

kits are now €20, seen a few glass btls for sale at €7 for 6 I think, 5lts glass demijohns at €11.

no caps, no drops, no enhancers, imo it's only 25% the the size it was 3 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

blueshed wrote: »
    was in Tesco Maynooth yesterday and very little homebrew gear in stock, plus have jacked up the prices of what is left :(

kits are now €20, seen a few glass btls for sale at €7 for 6 I think, 5lts glass demijohns at €11.

no caps, no drops, no enhancers, imo it's only 25% the the size it was 3 months ago.

It never really took off I think in Tesco I think, prices were too high to begin with plus you could never really get everything you wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Got a cheap wine kit in Naas this evening.
    Carafe 21. Reduced from 27 to 6 euro and a few pence
    There was a white left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Does anyone know if they still have anything in Clearwater?

I'll be up that was tomorrow i think and might pop in

They have loads of stuff in Clearwater, but it's expensive.

Kits are €20, 500g Spraymalt are €8.

They have loads of stuff in Clearwater, but it's expensive.

Kits are €20, 500g Spraymalt are €8.

Just looking for some yeast i need in a hurry, maybe a glass DJ as welll. I got one there before for 11 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Is there any reason why you wouldn't use the PET 5 ltr water bottles rather than buying them specially, I know you have to get a bung and airlock, but it would still work out cheaper than €14. I think most of what you are paying for is the storage space a 5lt bottle takes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

looksee wrote: »
    Is there any reason why you wouldn't use the PET 5 ltr water bottles rather than buying them specially, I know you have to get a bung and airlock, but it would still work out cheaper than €14. I think most of what you are paying for is the storage space a 5lt bottle takes up!

Toxins from the plastic could leech into your brew. Make sure whatever u use is food grade plastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Just a heads-up, what's left of the section in Maynooth is all in clearance now.

looksee wrote: »

I use the plastic for a secondary...i dont know, i just kind of like the glass DJs:)

Hit Clearwater today just for a few munites as i was out that way.

Got some Youngs Yeast and sterilliser which i had run out of and needed, the Home Brew section is getting smaller alright.

Although they did re-stock since i was last there, plenty of airlocks, bungs, siphons, good few kits as well although i didnt really make note of the prices.

I'd still order my wine kits online, Tesco is handy for some small things if you're stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Just a heads-up, what's left of the section in Maynooth is all in clearance now.

That's disappointing. I had noticed it was moving further and further away!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Blambalam

Has anyone seen homebrew stuff for sale in the Tesco in Cabra? It's one of the bigger stores, could be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭looksee

giftgrub wrote: »
    I use the plastic for a secondary...i dont know, i just kind of like the glass DJs:)

I did have six glass ones that had been in the attic for over 20 years, so I let them go, just before I decided I wanted to make mead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Anyone know of a Dublin based Tesco still selling homebrew equipment ? I'm specifically after a box of Coopers 500ml pet bottles, I had a look in Clearwater a few days ago but all their homebew stuff seems to be gone.

RATM wrote: »
    Anyone know of a Dublin based Tesco still selling homebrew equipment ? I'm specifically after a box of Coopers 500ml pet bottles, I had a look in Clearwater a few days ago but all their homebew stuff seems to be gone.

apparently theyve restocked clarehalk, a mate who is out that way keeps an eye out for me. He took a pic on the phone, im pretty sure there was a box of bottles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Griff77

Does anyone know if they sell bottle caps in Tesco Clearwater (Finglas)? I was in the Clarehall Tescos at the weekend but no joy, they do have some homebrew kit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Griff77 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they sell bottle caps in Tesco Clearwater (Finglas)? I was in the Clarehall Tescos at the weekend but no joy, they do have some homebrew kit though.

They had some caps in Clearwater about 2 weeks ago

In Naas yesterday for work so I popped into the Tesco Extra for a look....

They had a small selection of beer and wine kits, DJs, Fermenters, glass bottles, cappers, yeast, cleaners etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

I was in Naas this evening and the homebrew section was still stocked. Sadly no ox bottles though as they were out of stock so I bought a capper and caps instead for my first go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Thats weird, I was just about to pop up to Naas to have a look for some OX bottles. Saved me the trip now cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Griff77 wrote: »

The health shop in the pavilions sell caps if your stuck.

Never mind, just realized the post was 5 months old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Anyone been to Clearwater recently and seen any homebrew kits?
    Was hoping to start a new brew this weekend so would pick one up tomorrow if they still have it.

I rang their helpline, @4p.m. a guy had me on the phone for 4-5 minutes, was trying to ring various extensions in Clearwater and find out for me. Told me to ring back after 6 as it would be less busy.
    Rang again and this time a different guy just searched on a computer and said no.
    Not too sure if I should take his word for it as it was very different to the first call!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

revz wrote: »
    Anyone been to Clearwater recently and seen any homebrew kits?
    Was hoping to start a new brew this weekend so would pick one up tomorrow if they still have it.

I rang their helpline, @4p.m. a guy had me on the phone for 4-5 minutes, was trying to ring various extensions in Clearwater and find out for me. Told me to ring back after 6 as it would be less busy.
    Rang again and this time a different guy just searched on a computer and said no.
    Not too sure if I should take his word for it as it was very different to the first call!

They had good range 1 week ago,when i was in store

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭d4b

Anyone know if they have the beer kit in carlow or waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭rameire

dont think they have anything in Carlow, was there recently and nothing brewish available.

Naas extra had a full compliment last week, including ox bottles,

I find if in Naas if you are looking for something in Naas extra and it is not on the normal shelf, it may be high up out of reach and maybe on another Isle but between the toys and the tvs.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭d4b

rameire wrote: »
    dont think they have anything in Carlow, was there recently and nothing brewish available.

Naas extra had a full compliment last week, including ox bottles,

I find if in Naas if you are looking for something in Naas extra and it is not on the normal shelf, it may be high up out of reach and maybe on another Isle but between the toys and the tvs.

Ok thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 guzluka

Does anyone know if Clarehall tesco still stock homebrew equipment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭rameire

the wife was there last weekend, and all they had were bottles and full kits.
    nothing else was on the shelf.

I was in Tesco Extra Naas on tuesday and they have everything you could need.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

That new shop, The Mottly Brew might be handy and is near enough to Clarehall.

106 Lagan Rd, Glasnevin Dublin 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

That new shop, The Mottly Brew might be handy and is near enough to Clarehall.

106 Lagan Rd, Glasnevin Dublin 11

Have you been in it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Have you been in it yet?

I wasn't in the shop today but I was down the road at the local market where he had setup for the day.

He has a lot various Coopers kits, some Brewferm kits, Muntons kits and the Bulldog premium kits, some wine kits, demijohns, bungs, fermenters etc

Very reasonably priced too, good price on the Bulldog Evil Dog IPA kit. Less than €30 euro which is a good price for what you get.

In Clearwater today... I picked up some Youngs yeast and Sterilliser, they still have bottles, some Coopers kits, fermenters, and various bits and bobs. Smaller selection than the last time I was there about 6 months ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement