Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great White Sharks coming to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

bleeding Kerry tourist board , cunning bastards.

and sure why not yer man dressed up as a dolphin was knackered

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

BizzyC wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, it's too cold to swim anyway..
    davet82 wrote: »
    its fcukin freezing in this bloody country and anybody in the water no matter what time of year is must be nuts and deserves to be eaten by a big poxy shark

the end.

People surf and scuba dive in Ireland, so I don't think temperature is really a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Ah.... the Great White Shark, nature's greatest killer. A massive beast with beady evil little eyes and rows of savage serrated teeth. A bite force of 18,000 newtons. Smells food from miles away. Little known of it's breeding habits. Known to scavenge on whale carcasses. Individually responsible for more human deaths than any other creature in history.

Oh no wait, sorry. I was thinking of Mary Harney.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Have you genuinely never experienced warm seas off Ireland? If you haven't, I feel sorry for you!

I've never either. Prefer the warmer seas of more tropical climates which I frequent regularly. So don't feel too sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

ah yes the great white's........ a great bunch of lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

nice_very wrote: »
    ah yes the great white's........ a great bunch of lads

The superior race...of shark

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Can you imagine being attacked by one of these things? Imagine the absolute horror of it, the jaws lock in and it tugs and pulls on your flesh, the dolls eyes staring, no emotion just a pure killing machine, no mercy. To paraphrase Nirvana, fish have no feelings.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WOCM4

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies.

Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain.

For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston.

And so never more shall we see you again.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/robert_shaw/pictures/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Greg Norman coming to Ireland,cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

• Advertisement

Christ, just watching that scene again , must be the 5000th time, still sends shiver down me dorsal, thanks for the link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Robert Shaw was the best part about Jaws. F*cking loved that character.

Robert Shaw is one of them guys that did not get a million roles by, by thunder, he stole the bloody film in everything he was in. And he lived in Mayo, Rockin!

Check him out in Young Winston.

HOOOOPER;;;; HOOOPER!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Robert Shaw was the best part about Jaws. F*cking loved that character.

Apparently he was fairly drunk throughout most of the filming of Jaws!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

bit racist innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Smidge wrote: »

Apparently Tom Cruise was practicing Scientology through most of his Movies cráp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Smidge wrote: »

He was constantly bickering with Richard Dreyfuss too to aggravate him until after they filmed the comparing scars scene, made their not liking each other until then seem more genuine. The making of that film is brilliant, some great stories on that set.

I adore Jaws, it's probably my favourite film I've seen it countless times.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

well thats just great, this is gunna mean surfing is going to get a whole lot more interesting on top of the murky water Im gunna be freaking out at any shadow that I see or seaweed that touches my leg in the sea now

we should send them up the Shannon to Limerick, when they get there they wont want to come back to Ireland hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

lcrcboy wrote: »
    well thats just great, this is gunna mean surfing is going to get a whole lot more interesting on top of the murky water Im gunna be freaking out at any shadow that I see or seaweed that touches my leg in the sea now

we should send them up the Shannon to Limerick, when they get there they wont want to come back to Ireland hahahahaha

This could tie in nicely with the 'how to deal with scumbags' ideas actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

But Great Whites are so talented lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

krudler wrote: »
    The making of that film is brilliant, some great stories on that set.
    for those interested,it's a good read
    http://www.hollywoodstories.com/pages/hollywood/h45.html
    Robert Shaw who was once quoted as saying,"Can you tell me one great actor who doesn't drink?" lamented to Richard Dreyfuss, that he would like to give up alcohol, then he was furious when the younger actor threw Shaw's booze over the side of the boat. Shaw was bored out of his mind on the island despite some local gang members shooting out the windows of his rented house.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I believe they're not an unheard of sight off our coasts. In fairness, it is the ocean, there's nothing to stop them from swimming up here, and plenty of seals to entice them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 steev e

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Ah jaysus,next they'll be given them social welfare,new cars and houses.For Jaysus sake.

Do u know they get free socks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for Ireland. Apparently there was a Great White spotted off the coast of Kerry a couple of weeks ago with suggestions that due to the increasing tempartures in the drift and the plentiful seal population, more and more sharks are likely to make Ireland a regular destination. Galway will be like the town in Jaws. If you scream shark we've got a full scal panic on our hands. It's July! We can't close the beaches, it's the festival season...

I for one, welcome our new shark overlords...

We have them already, for the last number of years, they are called Bankers and Politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I hear they are far more afraid of us than we are...are fcuk it sharks argh.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

krudler wrote: »
    He was constantly bickering with Richard Dreyfuss too to aggravate him until after they filmed the comparing scars scene, made their not liking each other until then seem more genuine. The making of that film is brilliant, some great stories on that set.

I adore Jaws, it's probably my favourite film I've seen it countless times.

+1
    It has to be up there as one of my all time favourite movies.

Funny thing.....
    Around the same age I,
    Saw the original "Pirahna" and was terrified.
    Saw Jaws and became intrigued by sharks.

Go figure(could it have been the movie quality:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I think the impact the first Jaws movie had on people will never be seen again. I remember being on holidays and my brothers & sisters tentatively checking under the water with their face masks, to make sure Jaws wasn't there. It was a swimming pool I might add, but such was the effect the movie had on us kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

davet82 wrote: »
    its fcukin freezing in this bloody country and anybody in the water no matter what time of year is must be nuts and deserves to be eaten by a big poxy shark

the end.

given the amount of raw sewage dumped into the sea off the west coast you'd be mad to go swimming in it

as for the irish sea that is even worse for pollution, raw sewage, cellafield radioactive waste, and god know what else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Anyone who knows anything about sharks knows they cannot survive in Irish waters. Not because of the climate, but Ireland is home to the Great White's only known natural predator in the wild...
    Mary Harney!

As St Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland, Mary Harney ate Ireland's native shark population to near extintion...the only thing that saved basking sharks and even Fungi was a bout of acid reflux.

Advertisement