Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water leaks

Options
  • 21-04-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was away in the van last night and the pump kept kicking in briefly. I should have copped what was happening but this morning I found a leak under the sink at the cold water pipe connector pictured below. I can't figure out how it comes apart. Anyone know how to disconnect it an where I could get a new one ?

I also have a leak in the fresh water tank but would like to get this one sorted first. Thanks.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/Swanner/image_zps1cf54710.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭meercat

Swanner wrote: »
    Hi,

Was away in the van last night and the pump kept kicking in briefly. I should have copped what was happening but this morning I found a leak under the sink at the cold water pipe connector pictured below. I can't figure out how it comes apart. Anyone know how to disconnect it an where I could get a new one ?

I also have a leak in the fresh water tank but would like to get this one sorted first. Thanks.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/Swanner/image_zps1cf54710.jpg

They look like push connections
    Get a spanner just bigger than the pipe and use it to push the black insert back into the coupler
    This should free the pipe allowing you to pull it back out away from the coupler

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Thanks meercat.

Took it off and put it back on. It seems to be catching fine and didn't appear to have anything wrong with it but as soon as the pump is turned on the water is pissing out of it.

I'll get a new one and replace it. Does this happen often enough ? Seems strange as no one was near it and it had been working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭meercat

im sure aidanmm in pat horans would be able to help you on this

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the rambler

Take pipe out again and look closely at end of pipe for fine scoring, if may be no harm to cut about 5 to 8mm off pipe if you have enough slack,

Take a look into push fit connection and see if the o ring is kinked or twisted, if so straighten and lube pipe with ideally silicone non setting lubricant but a small bit of butter very small bit will help, do not use Vaseline or baby oil as the o ring may get damaged over time,

Worst case you will find the push fit connections in most truck motor parts shops but bring old one with you as there's metric and imperial and and lad behind the counter should be able to tell you,

Hope this helps,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Thanks. I'll check the pipe. I've ordered a 12mm connector from Charles camping. Just hope it works as I'm travelling for the next week and then going to Vantastival. I suppose a botch job with hose and jubilee clips would get me through the weekend if I'm stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Yeah that's a John Guest type fitting , I replace with a different brand usually that's a better fit v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

There was a place in new ross camping crazy but they've just closed they still have stock though... might be worth trying to call them if you're nearby. (051) 440 000

Advertisement