Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭keanebg1

Picked up a Tesco branded variable RF amplifier, 'one input two outputs' in Tesco Maynooth, was scanning a 0.01c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

keanebg1 wrote: »
    Picked up a Tesco branded variable RF amplifier, 'one input two outputs' in Tesco Maynooth, was scanning a 0.01c.

Im surprised you where let out the door with it. Security are flashed when a 1 cent sale goes through the till. It has been reduced to nothing and should not have been on the shelf. Lucky find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

12x500ml Miller box of cans for €5 in Tesco Express Abbey Court Tralee. They are dated best before today's date but in reality are good at least for months. Other outlets might have them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

CH3OH wrote: »
    31Hw-tPGKjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

DAVID BECKHAM INSTINCT SPORT 150MLS
    Picked up the last 2 on the shelf in Arklow

standard SEL but may be discontinued

scanning at 79 cent

Good find, got 3 of these last night in Maynooth, was still a few left on the shelf after

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

MrMischief wrote: »
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266246371

Priced at ~ €8.99 (I cant remember shelf price to be honest) but scanned in @ €0.61 cent each...so I went back and got another 3 boxes.

2.5Kg box

Clare Hall about an hour ago.
    I scanned it in Clare Hall today. No joy sadly.

There's 2 different boxes of this stuff, identical only for very small writing in the bottom right hand corner that says "Use pesticides safely/read the label"

The ones with the writing are scanning 61c, the ones without are scanning €8.25 down from €11

Only found out because I got one box and went back for more. Had to get the girl on the self service checkouts to cancel it for me while I went back to the shelf to see had I picked up a different product - noticed the very slight difference on the packaging and got the right ones.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco evaporated milk 410g 39c
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256909870

I think that's the normal price but the next cheapest is €1.04

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Can anyone have a look at the attached photo and explain it to me?

It is €12.99 each and 2 for €16, or €16 each and 2 for €12.99?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Soarer wrote: »
    Can anyone have a look at the attached photo and explain it to me?

It is €12.99 each and 2 for €16, or €16 each and 2 for €12.99?

I think its 2 for 12.99 but that works out at €16 per whatever unit of measure is standard for the product eg kg, litre etc. Are we missing something from the photo?

Eh no,
    It's €12.99. Buy two for €16.

kn wrote: »
    I think its 2 for 12.99 but that works out at €16 per whatever unit of measure is standard for the product eg kg, litre etc. Are we missing something from the photo?

Not missing anything as that's the way I took the photo! ;)

Just trying to hide the fact they're boxes of condoms! :o

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Eh no,
    It's €12.99. Buy two for €16.

Was thinking that.
    But the "big" font is the "2 for €12.99" part, and the €16 is in small font.

Normally they highlight the "2 for" price, which in this case is €12.99?

Obviously you were in the store. What did the internee say when you asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Soarer wrote: »
    Not missing anything as that's the way I took the photo! ;)

Just trying to hide the fact they're boxes of condoms! :o

website is a little clearer def 2 for €16
    Is there a best before date on the packs ?? Sure you'll never go through 24!;)

Would you not be better buying a 3 pack??
    or the tesco own brand are only €4.99 for 12:)

I'm married, so would never get a chance to use them!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭djo789

Gilette Fusion Manual razor & 10 blades €25 (Galway) so u actually get 11 blades
    find them across from deodorants (opposite shelf where you would normally find the blades)
    there is 10 pack blades without the razor there in normal section but they are 28-30 euro if i recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

L'oreal Sublime Bronze
    One Day - Face

€1.99 usually €8. - Yellow SEL

Loads in Maynooth yesterday, none in Clarehall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

djo789 wrote: »
    Gilette Fusion Manual razor & 10 blades €25 (Galway) so u actually get 11 blades
    find them across from deodorants (opposite shelf where you would normally find the blades)
    there is 10 pack blades without the razor there in normal section but they are 28-30 euro if i recall.

The gilette fusion manual blades also work with the fusion power razor. The only difference I can see it one is blue and one is orange. They are both interchangable and gillette will charge you extra for the orange power blades.

Gillette Fusion Power

Gillette Fusion Manual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

ay55ee.jpg

For those who don't read this forum, just look at the pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

recyclebin wrote: »
    The gilette fusion manual blades also work with the fusion power razor. The only difference I can see it one is blue and one is orange. They are both interchangable and gillette will charge you extra for the orange power blades.

Gillette Fusion Power

Gillette Fusion Manual

From experience the manual ones seem to wear out quicker, but otherwise they are the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,114 ✭✭✭✭Esel

keanebg1 wrote: »
    brokenarms wrote: »
    Im surprised you where let out the door with it. Security are flashed when a 1 cent sale goes through the till. It has been reduced to nothing and should not have been on the shelf. Lucky find.
    Nice little defamation earner then? :) What does 'reduced to nothing' mean anyway?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,114 ✭✭✭✭Esel

squod wrote: »
    ay55ee.jpg

If I wasn't reading this thread, how would I see you link? And what is the hidden relevance of your linked pic anyway? Is it that €1 is a mad price for an old-fashioned bulb, even if it has been reduced from €2?

Interested non-readers of the forum might want to know -Doh! :homer:

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

squod wrote: »
    ay55ee.jpg

Mate...you got ripped off there.

70 cents for 8 and 11 watt Philips CFLs in Woodies.:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Esel wrote: »
    Nice little defamation earner then? :) What does 'reduced to nothing' mean anyway?

Defamation? :eek: I don't think so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

paddy147 wrote: »
    Mate...you got ripped off there.

70 cents for 8 and 11 watt Philips CFLs in Woodies.:P:D

Lots of light fittings where you don't want to be looking at a stick bulb and lots of fittings that the 8w genie bulb is about 10mm too long for so still worth a punt although theyre yellow stickered so who knows what tesco they're in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

paddyp wrote: »
    Lots of light fittings where you don't want to be looking at a stick bulb and lots of fittings that the 8w genie bulb is about 10mm too long for so still worth a punt although theyre yellow stickered so who knows what tesco they're in.

Waits for the person in question to come back here so...:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

Peppa Pig Tree House €12 in Stillorgan, there was only one on the shelf and I bought it

http://www.toys.ie/Peppa-Pig-Tree-House-Playset-!122307-prd.aspx

Lego City Ambulance €6.50 in Claremorris, as above, only one on the shelf and I bought it. It wasn't listed on the shelves, so may be end of stock or something, so worth scanning. Lego item number 4431.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭db

400g Toblerone Fruit & Nut in Tesco, Arthur's Quay Limerick for €1.63

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

paddy147 wrote: »
    Waits for the person in question to come back here so...:pac::D

Tesco navan. Dunno if they're still there. All I know is that they're in for a re-fit so reducing stock levels.

Those short fittings aren't for sale in the local woodies at that price for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just noticed in Tesco Arklow

Lily o' Briens chocolate 75% off cream box with a purple ribbon (didn't buy any -- around €2.69

EZS_doc_crisp_dark_mint.jpg

Elizabeth shaw Dark Chocolate mints 79 cent
    Remnants of easter eggs 75% off

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement