Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another week another Pit Bull attack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Is it just me, or has the quality of AH'er dropped drastically?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Is it just me, or has the quality of AH'er dropped drastically?

School holidays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

darced wrote: »

I've edited the post and included two photos of the dog.

Again;

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd safely say 99 percent of people in this thread wouldn't know a pitbull from a SBT or an EBT.

Most people see a small/medium sized dog with short hair, large head and muscular frame and call it a Pitbull out of sheer ignorance.

Wrong, that was easy. I'm going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Erm so am I and I'm able to go through page to page fairly ok.

How do you know the lab didn't start the fight? What sexes were the dogs? What age were the dogs?

As bad as it might sound if your neighbour was a responsible pit bull owner the lab would still be alive.

Ok the lab was a male neutered and at least 10 I knew Bruno well lovely fella. Nobody witnessed the attack but i would be pretty certain it was the pitbull who started it but cant say for sure. I will have to ask her about the other questions because to be honest I don't know the sex or age of the pitbull. Now I have a question for you, do you not think that when you say you should never leave a pitbull alone with another dog that that actually proves my point ? I mean you admit it they should not be left alone because they are bred to fight!

youtube! wrote: »
    Ok the lab was a male neutered and at least 10 I knew Bruno well lovely fella. Nobody witnessed the attack but i would be pretty certain it was the pitbull who started it but cant say for sure. I will have to ask her about the other questions because to be honest I don't know the sex or age of the pitbull. Now I have a question for you, do you not think that when you say you should never leave a pitbull alone with another dog that that actually proves my point ? I mean you admit it they should not be left alone because they are bred to fight!

I didn't witness it either, but I can be pretty certain it was aliens.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

I didn't witness it either, but I can be pretty certain it was aliens.

See how ridiculous that sounds?

Are you on something ? It was a death of a lovely old harmless lab who wouldn't hurt a fly who was used to many other dogs who was even used to this dog and yet he was mercilessly ripped to death it wasn't aliens it was the pitbull at least on the balance of probability. I can't wait to talk to her again and ask her what she knew about the history of the pitbull though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

Dogs can't possibly be evil. :rolleyes:

If a dog that mauls somebody is evil then so is a Great White shark who kills somebody.

No it proves nothing, it proves that a dog will engage doing something it was originally bred to do. It's instinct all dogs have it. There's a world of difference between dog aggression and human aggression btw and it's also not saying that every pit bull wants to fight. Ill go back to rule number 1 of having a pit bull: never trust a pit bull not to fight!!

I wouldnt leave a husky in a garden with a small fence because it would jump it. I wouldn't leave a gray hound in the garden with my kids rabbit it would kill it. I wouldn't let a stranger walk into my house because my dogo would defend the house. It all boils down to known what breed you have and knowing the capabilities of the breed and the most important thing it's all down to the owner because its their RESPONSIBILITY.

There you go that word again.

Responsibility!!!

Feel like I'm teaching again, off to bed for me!

Are you on something ? It was a death of a lovely old harmless lab who wouldn't hurt a fly who was used to many other dogs who was even used to this dog and yet he was mercilessly ripped to death it wasn't aliens it was the pitbull at least on the balance of probability. I can't wait to talk to her again and ask her what she knew about the history of the pitbull though.

My point, seeing as you really can't see it, was you don't know what happened. And you're calling for an eradication of a whole breed of dog?

Here's some hypothesis for you.

Lab started on pitbull, as it was a reasonably new dog to it's territory.
    Lab took something off the pitbull, and the pitbull reacted, fight ensued.
    Lab started on a neighbourhood cat, and the pitbull was saving the cat.
    Aliens came down, and brainwashed the pitbull into attacking.
    Pitbull started a fight with the Lab.
    Pitbull took something off the lab, lab snapped, pitbull reacted.
    Pitbull is inherently evil, waited for the owner to leave before slaughtering the lab.
    A local cat did the killing, and framed the pitbull.

The fact, and the only one we know for certain, is the your neighbour left a rescue dog alone with their own dog, while they went out. From a responsible owner point of view, that's stupid. Who did the killing? Probably the pitbull. Who's responsible, and who is at fault? The neighbour. Do you follow why?

No it proves nothing, it proves that a dog will engage doing something it was originally bred to do. It's instinct all dogs have it. There's a world of difference between dog aggression and human aggression btw and it's also not saying that every pit bull wants to fight. Ill go back to rule number 1 of having a pit bull: never trust a pit bull not to fight!!

I wouldnt leave a husky in a garden with a small fence because it would jump it. I wouldn't leave a gray hound in the garden with my kids rabbit it would kill it. I wouldn't let a stranger walk into my house because my dogo would defend the house. It all boils down to known what breed you have and knowing the capabilities of the breed and the most important thing it's all down to the owner because its their RESPONSIBILITY.

You make some sense especially when you say pitbulls are prone to fight and be aggressive . That's e ough for me to want them eradicated. They are inherently dangerous more so than other breeds!

Which, the sharks?

*looks off in the middle distance* I remember in my day, trolls used to actually put some effort in, not just be argumentative.

You make some sense especially when you say pitbulls are prone to fight and be aggressive . That's e ough for me to want them eradicated. They are inherently dangerous more so than other breeds!

But today I seen a spaniel and some yappy little mutt fight in the park because of people not being able to control their dogs. Should their dogs be eradicated too? At least can we eradicate the idiot owners because they are really starting to pee me off.

Sweet pit bull dreaming kiddo.

Why? Because they have the potential to be dangerous?

I think some people shouldn't own pitbulls, simple as. I have no problem with somebody owning one as long as they're trained properly and kept on a tight leash and muzzle on in public, at all times.

Saying they should be put down at birth is absolutely idiotic, cruel and totally necessary. It's sensationalist bull****.

• Advertisement

My point, seeing as you really can't see it, was you don't know what happened. And you're calling for an eradication of a whole breed of dog?

Here's some hypothesis for you.

Lab started on pitbull, as it was a reasonably new dog to it's territory.
    Lab took something off the pitbull, and the pitbull reacted, fight ensued.
    Lab started on a neighbourhood cat, and the pitbull was saving the cat.
    Aliens came down, and brainwashed the pitbull into attacking.
    Pitbull started a fight with the Lab.
    Pitbull took something off the lab, lab snapped, pitbull reacted.
    Pitbull is inherently evil, waited for the owner to leave before slaughtering the lab.
    A local cat did the killing, and framed the pitbull.

The fact, and the only one we know for certain, is the your neighbour left a rescue dog alone with their own dog, while they went out. From a responsible owner point of view, that's stupid. Who did the killing? Probably the pitbull. Who's responsible, and who is at fault? The neighbour. Do you follow why?

I will say one thing for you, you have a very healthy imagination ever consider creative writing? To be honest I feel you are over thinking the whole situation, as I say on the balance of probs it was the PB. Why? Well Bruno was well used to other dogs. My neighbour fostered dogs all the time but Bruno was a permanent fixture, he wasn't ever in a fight before with any the dogs over many years and the damnedest thing was my neighbour was so happy with the PB that an original foster situation actually turned into a permanent placement, this is why it was such a shock I mean she has no dogs now and says she never will again, that's how shocked she was about this whole thing! I love dogs but pitbulls and their derivative breeds should just be stopped. They are so volatile.

You should be fúcking muzzled in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

So were whitten terriers, Cairn terriers, Patterdales, Westies, Glen of Imal's, Kerry Blues and just about every other terrier breed.

Ban all these too or ;

Enforce legisation in regards to dog ownership?..

Btw, do you know what a Pitbull looks like?.

All due respect Mak, all of these dogs may be terrier breeds but are completely different from a pitbull.

The above terriers are(and were) generally used as "Fetch" dogs used in hunting. Nowadays, they are less used for this but still retain their intrinsic desire to carry out their in-built desire for this.
    Which is why they can be energetic pets, their need for this, if neglected can result in some serious household destruction!!!!

On the other hand, bull terriers are in general a cross breed that has been cross breed over many centuries.
    Bulldogs crossed with terriers and so on.

What you get with a "Pit Bull Terrier" is exactly that.
    It is a bulldog crossed with a terrier but crossed for a specific purpose.
    And this is where they get the "Pit" part of their name.

They were crossed and breed for fighting in a pit.

Now I see you are a terrier owner and I respect your choice.
    I also acknowledge that the vast majority of bull or pit breeds are clowns who know nothing about the breed except that it makes them look tough and have NO idea of the dogs needs.

But you cannot deny a dogs heritage and natural instinct.
    Pit bull terriers were breed and born to fight and this is their instinct.

They are not family pets imo but should only be owned by capable and qualified owners.

I will say one thing for you, you have a very healthy imagination ever consider creative writing? To be honest I feel you are over thinking the whole situation, as I say on the balance of probs it was the PB. Why? Well Bruno was well used to other dogs. My neighbour fostered dogs all the time but Bruno was a permanent fixture, he wasn't ever in a fight before with any the dogs over many years and the damnedest thing was my neighbour was so happy with the PB that an original foster situation actually turned into a permanent placement, this is why it was such a shock I mean she has no dogs now and says she never will again, that's how shocked she was about this whole thing! I love dogs but pitbulls and their derivative breeds should just be stopped. They are so volatile.

There's a Mark Twain quote that fits right in here.

Guess which one.

G'lak. I'm done.

Smidge wrote: »
    All due respect Mak, all of these dogs may be terrier breeds but are completely different from a pitbull.

The above terriers are(and were) generally used as "Fetch" dogs used in hunting. Nowadays, they are less used for this but still retain their intrinsic desire to carry out their in-built desire for this.
    Which is why they can be energetic pets, their need for this, if neglected can result in some serious household destruction!!!!

On the other hand, bull terriers are in general a cross breed that has been cross breed over many centuries.
    Bulldogs crossed with terriers and so on.

What you get with a "Pit Bull Terrier" is exactly that.
    It is a bulldog crossed with a terrier but crossed for a specific purpose.
    And this is where they get the "Pit" part of their name.

They were crossed and breed for fighting in a pit.

Now I see you are a terrier owner and I respect your choice.
    I also acknowledge that the vast majority of bull or pit breeds are clowns who know nothing about the breed except that it makes them look tough and have NO idea of the dogs needs.

But you cannot deny a dogs heritage and natural instinct.
    Pit bull terriers were breed and born to fight and this is their instinct.

They are not family pets imo but should only be owned by capable and qualified owners.

Brilliant post . Utter sense. Accept I would go further and say get rid of them entirely.

How can you speak for all pitbull owners?

My family owns a pitbull. Lovable thing that's well trained and looked after. We also own a black lab. Am I macho?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

. Pit bull is also not a breed. In the early 1900's they were known as nanny dogs because they have one of the best temper tests on record. Hellen kellers dog was a pit bull.

People have such media based opinions it is crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Arawn wrote: »
    . Pit bull is also not a breed. In the early 1900's they were known as nanny dogs because they have one of the best temper tests on record. Hellen kellers dog was a pit bull.

People have such media based opinions it is crazy

I'm sorry you are mistaken.
    That's a staffie that was nick named a "nanny" not a pitbull

Also a pitbull is a breed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

such a dangerous breed........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement