Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ICONS] [25/3/13] Mloc33s icons

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Reserved...

One more...

lewis wrote: »
    Reserved...
    One more...

This isn't Xda! :pac:

Nice work though!

Aristotle wrote: »

This isn't Xda! :pac:

Nice work though!

I figure I might as well fo what the rest of them do, lol.

Like i said, this is all new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭G1032

Back with a bang lewis!!
    I'll check them out. Have you these posted on XDA too?

Edit: Some class icons there lewis. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Will you do particular icons if requested?

G1032 wrote: »
    Back with a bang lewis!!
    I'll check them out. Have you these posted on XDA too?

Edit: Some class icons there lewis. Thanks.

Not yet man, I'm still sorting them out in between my kids wrecking me head.

For the last few weeks I've made about 40 packs, so just have to find the best /easiest way to upload them, baby steps.

Cheers
    Will you do particular icons if requested?

Yeah of courses man, I'll do my best, what do you have is mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good job, Lewis.

Just FYI, you won't be able to edit post 2 or 3 after 48 hours. Stops people from going back and editing old posts out of context.

You could ask the mods to update the OP after that time if necessary.

Yeah of courses man, I'll do my best, what do you have is mind?

You have a few nice American Football team crests. I was wondering if you'd do an Arsenal crest for me!!!:)

You have a few nice American Football team crests. I was wondering if you'd do an Arsenal crest for me!!!:)

Jaysus, football, lol, I`ll give it a go man, but first I`d like to throw up a few more packs I have made, alright?

• Advertisement

Jaysus, football, lol, I`ll give it a go man, but first I`d like to throw up a few more packs I have made, alright?
    Cool. Thanks.

Jaysus definitely not XDA, lol.

Anyways continuing one from post No1....

Blue Plastic

Blue%20Plastic.png

Dark red concave

Dark%20red%20concave.png

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

For those who us who are a little slower, do we need to know anything else here, any particular launchers that will work best etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

"Too bloody hot" and "Too bloody cold" - or was that intentional?

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    For those who us who are a little slower, do we need to know anything else here, any particular launchers that will work best etc?

Nope, will work good on any launcher, I use Nova, it all depends on your style of set up, eg. size of widget, colour of the wallpaper, some icons look better on certain coloured wallpapers.

Anything else you'd like to know?
    Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    "Too bloody hot" and "Too bloody cold" - or was that intentional?

Very intentional, specially the cold one, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

I am going to play around for a while before asking more questions, might throw the screenshot up after. I've been inspired! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Lewis, can icons be made rectangular, that is long on the horizontal and short on the vertical, so I could have a custom logo on one side and the app logo on the other. So the icon would be wider than standard icons..

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Lewis, can icons be made rectangular, that is long on the horizontal and short on the vertical, so I could have a custom logo on one side and the app logo on the other. So the icon would be wider than standard icons..

I don`t see why not, or a rectangular background could be added to the icon, thus not losing any quality to the icon itself.

What did you have in mind?

I don`t see why not, or a rectangular background could be added to the icon, thus not losing any quality to the icon itself.

What did you have in mind?

Would the Android system not resize down to standard width. I would like an icon 2 standard icons wide and 1 high.?

• Advertisement

Would the Android system not resize down to standard width. I would like an icon 2 standard icons wide and 1 high.?

Once you place an icon in your screen you control the size of it.

With most launchers you've the option to resize the icons to pretty much any size, I use Nova and it allows me to resize the icon overall size, or with Desktop Visualizer you can have more control over the way you resize it.

Why don't you give me an example of what you'd like , like the logo you want and I'll try to put something together for you?

Once you place an icon in your screen you control the size of it.

With most launchers you've the option to resize the icons to pretty much any size, I use Nova and it allows me to resize the icon overall size, or with Desktop Visualizer you can have more control over the way you resize it.

Why don't you give me an example of what you'd like , like the logo you want and I'll try to put something together for you?
    Sounds good, I use the next 3D launcher, and I've had a look at
    Pfaffinator's base icon's set, and followed his youtube guides, and created custom icon sets using the batch command. He would inspire anyone to create icons.
    I'd love to create a set of icons for my son who has moved from Iphone to Note2, and is a huge Liverpool fan.
    So I'm thinking a black rectangular icon with one of these logos on the left and the app logo on the right, maybe in white.

Sounds good, I use the next 3D launcher, and I've had a loolo(k at
    Pfaffinator's base icon's set, and followed his youtube guides, and created custom icon sets using the batch command. He would inspire anyone to create icons.
    I'd love to create a set of icons for my son who has moved from Iphone to Note2, and is a huge Liverpool fan.
    So I'm thinking a black rectangular icon with one of these logos on the left and the app logo on the right, maybe in white.

You should get your son a pint for leaving the iphone, lol.

Can you leave it with me and I`ll take a look at it tomorrow, night night time now....:)

You should get your son a pint for leaving the iphone, lol.

Can you leave it with me and I`ll take a look at it tomorrow, night night time now....:)

Finally persuaded him to the bright side, thanx Lewis, talk tomorrow.

Finally persuaded him to the bright side, thanx Lewis, talk tomorrow.

Alright man, I was playing around with your idea and there`s a few ways you might be interested in.

At the moment I have used the Liverpool logo on the background and icon, this way you can have a look and see if you`d like to remove any of them or keep them, maybe you think it`s too much?

I think at least having something on the black background would improve it, maybe something else associated with Liverpool, just so it`s there`s not too much of the same logo.

Also another thing to keep in mind is that different colored wallpapers will look either better or worse with the icon, same goes for all icons.

Here`s what I have so far...taken from my own screen shot..
    Screenshot_2013-04-02-12-14-07.png
    Liverpool.png

Thats exactly what I want to do, see what you mean about the wallpaper, has to be taken into account, thanx for your time man, you've given me great ideas to work with. BTW what launcher do you lean to?

Thats exactly what I want to do, see what you mean about the wallpaper, has to be taken into account, thanx for your time man, you've given me great ideas to work with. BTW what launcher do you lean to?

No problem man, if you want any more or would like more adjustments to the one I did for ya, I`d be happy to do it.

I`m planning on doing a football icon pack, with as many teams as I can think of, being I`m not at all into sports, it`s something that`s popular.

I use Nova on my phone and Apex on my tab, I find both very good and fairly similar, comes down to user preference.

• Advertisement

Advertisement