Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dlofnep wrote: »
    I had a chat with the girl I'm seeing about my relationship anxiety, and she's really after helping me put it into perspective. She reached out to me, to date me. She wouldn't routinely go out on dates with me if she didn't like me. We have a great time together. I need to stop worrying about silly things like this.
    That's brilliant news!
    dlofnep wrote: »
    All those girls who I have let hurt me in the past will not dictate my future.
    Hope you don't mind a little FYP there.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Itzy wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with Lamictal. I've just started it in conjunction with Prozit and it seems to be helping me a lot.

No, but it's been mentioned as the "next drug" if Lithium alone can't manage my depressions. I've heard very good things about it from people on it though, it's meant to be great for handling depressive symptoms in some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

It's only Monday and already I want this week to be over.

I wish I had someone to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Hersheys wrote: »
    It's only Monday and already I want this week to be over.

I wish I had someone to talk to.
    I know the feeling, though I have it in a positive way, it still makes me fidgety and unable to relax.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you need to chat, although I do have to go back to work in a bit.

Thanks, I'm just not sure what to say. I don't feel like I can talk to my GP about it, no counselling appointment for a few weeks and not seeing psych until the end of April. Just feel a small bit lost and lonely. It's a big old world out there when nobody in real life understands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hersheys I'm here too, I don't understand physical abuse but I understand my own despair and my own apathy towards talking about it, 'what's the point if we exchange words' kinda feeling. I also know that despite desperate loneliness it is still hard to know what to say, even though there is an inner monologue constantly streaming a million words.

Nobody can truly understand someone else on an experiential level because that is impossible but if you don't have anyone in real life (I think face-to-face is the best if possible) you can always talk to me. From reading your posts you are lost, but I think given enough time people can find themselves once again. I know that's what I'm hanging around for.

One final thing, and this is not a criticism of you, but the harsh reality is, actions will have to be taken for anything to change. Positive evolution doesn't happen through passivity, I have 10 years at least to prove that. I am taking extremely small steps through sheer boredom and apathy just to be slightly more comfortable each day despite my own reservations, fears and downright negativity.

Having said that I'll probably be on here in a day or two complaining about the exact same things I've always complained about...

Hersheys I'm here too, I don't understand physical abuse but I understand my own despair and my own apathy towards talking about it, 'what's the point if we exchange words' kinda feeling. I also know that despite desperate loneliness it is still hard to know what to say, even though there is an inner monologue constantly streaming a million words.

Nobody can truly understand someone else on an experiential level because that is impossible but if you don't have anyone in real life (I think face-to-face is the best if possible) you can always talk to me. From reading your posts you are lost, but I think given enough time people can find themselves once again. I know that's what I'm hanging around for.

One final thing, and this is not a criticism of you, but the harsh reality is, actions will have to be taken for anything to change. Positive evolution doesn't happen through passivity, I have 10 years at least to prove that. I am taking extremely small steps through sheer boredom and apathy just to be slightly more comfortable each day despite my own reservations, fears and downright negativity.

Having said that I'll probably be on here in a day or two complaining about the exact same things I've always complained about...

I know I have to work at it. I try to take baby steps - I don't do big leaps but I try little things every day to make things easier. Problem is I've no positive reinforcement to tell me I'm doing the right thing, if that makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Feeling like hell lately :( I've recently done something I'm not proud of, small though the action may have been. My sleeping pattern is gone, my mood swings are back, I can't find the motivation for college work, I'm skipping lectures, I'm lying bare faced to people abut how I'm feeling, and I've let my prescription for my meds lapse. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 arbitrary constant

I've posted here before but my old account is gone now. I'm trying to resist the temptation to come back here but it's one of the few places I know where I can rant if I need to. Had a nice weekend that was completely undone by a horrible dream, and am now just drinking wine, avoiding sleep for the night so I can sleep in tomorrow instead and trying to remember where I was last year; at the time I was feeling depressed but looking back I was so much happier there. And this time next year, if I'm still alive, I'll probably be looking at where I am now and thinking "I was much better off then". Because the future holds absolutely nothing for me, there's nothing I want to do or be. :( No-one will ever want to give me a job and if they did it would be a job I hate 'cause there's literally nothing I can envision myself doing with my life. I managed to come off anti-depressant medication for nine whole months but am back on them again. I've only had two relationships in my life, both ended in me being the one getting dumped and nobody has shown any interest since then so it's not like I have a nice lovelife to fall back on or anything.

If I had any idea where I was going, I could force myself to grin and bear the bad times and be willing to pay my dues. But why the fúck should I pay my dues if there's nothing due to me at the end of it all? :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Been caught with flu type effort since thursday, went to work alright, but now laid low at home and despite all internet and tv distractions i'm thinking, never good.. Very very close to cutting last night. Pulled out at last minute thankfully, just managed to knock myself out of trance, but no idea how so have to watch myself for the next while. Therapist again on thursday after nearly three months, nerves already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

I Just been feeling sh!tty lately , don't know whats wrong with me but ive no energy r motivation and no one who cares enough to listen :(

Kaching wrote: »
    I Just been feeling sh!tty lately , don't know whats wrong with me but ive no energy r motivation and no one who cares enough to listen :(
    Hugs

And I'll listen - but I understand that it's not the same as real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Have an appointment with a college counsellour next week, my first ever, don't know exactly what to tell her though. I was thinking of just going through how I don't like my course, want to change college, have accomodation issues and haven't made many friends. I spend much of my free time alone and have worries as my parents have health problems, yet they live further down the country. I have had (undiagnosed) depression in the past, so will be interesting to see what she says

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭thingamagig

Hi all. Kaching, I think I understand how you are feeling. I had no energy or motivation for an age, and it really scared me. I felt like I had lost part of myself; I had always been so determined and focused. Anyhow, they say doing something, anything- despite how you are feeling- is a good idea. There was so much I felt I couldn't do, so much I did inadequately, but I did keep trying, thank God and I feel better for it. When I think of my last year of college, how I could barely study withou crying ( wasn't that bad a subject in all fairness!); how I was up at night with panic attacks so intense I felt ( knew I wouldn't, but felt it)I was going to die. Christ, people can go through a lot and come out the other end (even if I'm sometimes still a grumpy f***). Hope the same happens for you:)

Didn't get out of bed at all yesterday (Tuesday). Nothing or no-one worth getting up for. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Didn't get out of bed at all yesterday (Tuesday). Nothing or no-one worth getting up for. :(
    That won't make things any better. Speaking from experience.

Have an appointment with a college counsellour next week, my first ever, don't know exactly what to tell her though. I was thinking of just going through how I don't like my course, want to change college, have accomodation issues and haven't made many friends. I spend much of my free time alone and have worries as my parents have health problems, yet they live further down the country. I have had (undiagnosed) depression in the past, so will be interesting to see what she says
    Don't just tell her the stuff you mentioned. First tell here how you feel (including the previous depression). Get it all out in the open.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back to therapist in morning, so of course it'll be a sleepless night now i guess. Haven't a clue if i'll even be able to speak which will enrage me if i can't, i mean what am i doing handing over money for being silent?. Argh.. Rant over..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Callumsmamma

Hi I'm new to boards so don't know if i'm posting in the right thread, but does anyone here take efexor? I've been on it a few months now and would like to ask other people's experience with it and alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Hi I'm new to boards so don't know if i'm posting in the right thread, but does anyone here take efexor? I've been on it a few months now and would like to ask other people's experience with it and alcohol.

I'm on Effexor, but don't drink so not sure, but if you're going to, I'd probably not drink too heavily

• Advertisement

Your best bet is to talk to your doctor or pharmacist about it. With any anti-depressant alcohol will have a negative effect (alcohol is a depressant) so don't go overboard.

Had a really good night out tonight! :) It makes so much difference if you go out with the right people.....am still a little self-conscious about how no-one ever shows any interest in me on a night out, but I guess once you have friends who'll chat to you then that's half the battle. I even sang karaoke tonight; made a complete tit of myself and didn't even care! :D I wish I had that confidence in every aspect of my life.....

After a week or so on a high I'm back down with a bang & painfully aware of the amount of meds I have at my disposal. Nowhere to turn. Annoyed with myself.

After a week or so on a high I'm back down with a bang & painfully aware of the amount of meds I have at my disposal. Nowhere to turn. Annoyed with myself.
    Hang in there!

Regarding the on-hand meds though: have you not being taking them as prescribed? If not, think about why (you don't have to answer here). You should really bring your stockpile to a pharmacist (any pharmacist) for safe disposal.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Hang in there!

Regarding the on-hand meds though: have you not being taking them as prescribed? If not, think about why (you don't have to answer here). You should really bring your stockpile to a pharmacist (any pharmacist) for safe disposal.
    It's not all prescription meds. Buy paracetamol and neurofen in bulk up north, have leftover meds from changeover of meds & stuff. I don't want to bring them to the pharmacist. They'll judge.

I just feel really crappy tonight & I think my friends have all reached boiling point where they no longer care so I am 100% alone. I just want to talk to someone. Not on the phone though, in real life. A conversation where I can be open. It's been so long since I saw my counsellor & nothing coming up soon.

Know what you mean with the meds. Am on 7 different types of medication atm, side effects get to be quite fun with that amount

titan18 wrote: »

Know what you mean with the meds. Am on 7 different types of medication atm, side effects get to be quite fun with that amount
    My friends mock my bag of drugs. I keep different doses of different meds in case I need to go back on them & I don't have access to a pharmacy or whatever.

titan18 wrote: »

Just interested to know, whats the difference between them? Are you on a few that treat the same illness or is it multiple illnesses between the drugs?

How are you coping with the side effects of all of them?

It's not all prescription meds. Buy paracetamol and neurofen in bulk up north, have leftover meds from changeover of meds & stuff. I don't want to bring them to the pharmacist. They'll judge.

I just feel really crappy tonight & I think my friends have all reached boiling point where they no longer care so I am 100% alone. I just want to talk to someone. Not on the phone though, in real life. A conversation where I can be open. It's been so long since I saw my counsellor & nothing coming up soon.

They won't judge you for doing that. It's part of their job to dispose of them.

• Advertisement

Just interested to know, whats the difference between them? Are you on a few that treat the same illness or is it multiple illnesses between the drugs?

How are you coping with the side effects of all of them?

3 illnesses, 3 of them are for depression/anxiety, 2 are for an abscess and 2 are for seborrheic dermatitis.

Side effects, never been so tired in my life. Trying to remember to take them all the time is the biggest pain though, one of them is like 4 times a day, so trying to find time for that is annoying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement