Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lights Coming On By Themselves At Night

Options
  • 26-02-2013 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi All,

This is a bit of a strange one but hopefully one of you knowledgeable guys can help!
    We own a Skoda Octavia 2005. Starting last winter on very frosty nights the lights came on in the car once or twice and drained the battery.

The same has happened again this year and again it drains the battery. We got a new battery so that should be fine. Our mechanic has never heard of this before and I can't find anything like this on the web.

I work away from home and herself is at home with a little baby and a car that won't start. Not good!

Has anybody heard of anything like this and if so what could it be.

Cheers

Ger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Am I right in assuming that you mean that the lights turn on during the night while the switch is in the off position? How often is the happening? my guess would be a faulty switch, or relay. Should be easy to get either from a breaker cheaply ,start with the relay.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sounds like condensation on the relay. As said, get a new relay from somewhere.

Advertisement