Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Titan I think it is inevitable that we will hurt the ones close to us, sometimes in a big way but I think it usually brings people closer together in the end after the dust has settled.

Hopefully, it's the only true friend I've got atm

• Site Banned Posts: 253 ✭✭theidiots

I find it difficult at the moment, new job in Limerick. Thought I got on with everyone but everone in the office went for pints tonight and not one of them asked me :( Everyone went, even hinted at someone I got on well with that I'm mad for pints and guess what the reply was "sure go back home to Kerry if you want a pint". Hinted at another person and said oh we only have the pub booked for 10 people :rolleyes: Its a public pub. Why do I find it hard to make new friends. This has happened a lot. I have 10 or more friends back home in Kerry who I always go on the lash with and always ring me and sometimes get looky with the ladies but whenever I move to a new place no one wants anything to do with me. Happened numerous times, I guess there is something wrong with me :mad: I am depressed, trying to build a life for myself but no one wants anything to do with me in other counties. Really annoying me at this stage :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

theidiots wrote: »
    I find it difficult at the moment, new job in Limerick. Thought I got on with everyone but everone in the office went for pints tonight and not one of them asked me :( Everyone went, even hinted at someone I got on well with that I'm mad for pints and guess what the reply was "sure go back home to Kerry if you want a pint". Hinted at another person and said oh we only have the pub booked for 10 people :rolleyes: Its a public pub. Why do I find it hard to make new friends. This has happened a lot. I have 10 or more friends back home in Kerry who I always go on the lash with and always ring me and sometimes get looky with the ladies but whenever I move to a new place no one wants anything to do with me. Happened numerous times, I guess there is something wrong with me :mad: I am depressed, trying to build a life for myself but no one wants anything to do with me in other counties. Really annoying me at this stage :mad:

Ah that's not on. How long are ye in the job that they already seem to know they don't want you at the pub?

round 2 months, just really annoys me, was in galway before, same thing happened :( I'm only 27. Sitting at home alone in a 2 bed apartment gets me more depressed. I'm always up for the banter dunno what it is, serioyusly considering qutting my job now and go back on the dole to people that actually like me. Feel like i'm waisting my life working for other people. I also have to work weekends which doesn't help so don't get home too much

round 2 months, just really annoys me, was in galway before, same thing happened :( I'm only 27. Sitting at home alone in a 2 bed apartment gets me more depressed. I'm always up for the banter dunno what it is, serioyusly considering qutting my job now and go back on the dole to people that actually like me. Feel like i'm waisting my life working for other people

Well that's what I would do myself but it must be something about the way you present yourself to new people/colleagues if it is a common occurrence that has a negative impact, seeing as you have a group of friends already. Are you possibly too eager?

Either that or you could be unlucky on two occasions

I couldn't handle relationships with work colleagues because I felt like I had to water-down my personality into some banal stereotype.

• Advertisement

Well that's what I would do myself but it must be something about the way you present yourself to new people/colleagues if it is a common occurrence that has a negative impact, seeing as you have a group of friends already. Are you possibly too eager?

Either that or you could be unlucky on two occasions

I couldn't handle relationships with work colleagues because I felt like I had to water-down my personality into some banal stereotype.

No not eager at all, bit quiet with new people at first but usually have the craic, don't come on strong are ask people to go outfor a pint, id wait for them to ask first. I do have a quiet look to me though which is not my personality whatsoever. I guess if I looked different they would ask me but oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

No not eager at all, bit quiet with new people at first but usually have the craic, don't come on strong are ask people to go outfor a pint, id wait for them to ask first. I do have a quiet look to me though which is not my personality whatsoever. I guess if I looked different they would ask me but oh well
    Maybe next week you should invite them for pints? Just say you're gasping for one and would anyone be up for it - even just to one or two people that you feel closest to. Might help a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Hersheys wrote: »
    Maybe next week you should invite them for pints? Just say you're gasping for one and would anyone be up for it - even just to one or two people that you feel closest to. Might help a little.

Or centre it round a match or something that's on? Might make it seem a little more casual, especially if you're new in the place — 'I'm heading to watch the match at XX tonight if anyone's up for it' type thing? Would also be less pressure to be conversational; no-one minds lapses in conversation while watching football, moreso than if you're just out for a few pints.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You could "accidentally" run into them in the pub, just don't overdo the dutch courage ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Pubs are public places. Go there anyway. If you feel nervous, have a naggin before you go in. That's what I do anyway. It's confidence in a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Was at hospital for psych appointment thursday, saw a new face again, but this time it really felt like he listened, so coming off serequel for next few weeks and onto two other things instead plus prozac upped. Now i just have to grow a pair and call the therapist for an appointment which i'm terrified of.. After thursday i was fairly positive for a day then had a massive crash, so the idea of making/receiving a phone call paralyses me..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lorna doone

i am on meds for schizophrenia, bipolar and anxiety.
    have had these things for 12 years.
    i feel horribly depressed and anxious and don't know what to do.
    texted samaritans cos can't really talk, but i'm not sure when they can text me back.
    anyone know any other organisations that have a support service by email or text?
    help would be much appreciated, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

very low the last few days. havent washed or eaten since friday nor havent gone into work. I just dont care. Im beginning to think I maybe somewhat bi-polar was great for two full weeks now gone.
    My place is a mess. Otherhalf will be home soon and I know im going to get an earfull. Im sitting here looking at what needs to be done but i just dont care.
    I want to be on my own I dont want him to come home

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

i am on meds for schizophrenia, bipolar and anxiety.
    have had these things for 12 years.
    i feel horribly depressed and anxious and don't know what to do.
    texted samaritans cos can't really talk, but i'm not sure when they can text me back.
    anyone know any other organisations that have a support service by email or text?
    help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I've used the Samaritans email service in the past, the details are on their website. It's ok. Good if you need someone to listen to you in confidence.

I haven't used these guys but they have some kind of text service: http://www.1life.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Hey all.

Anyone here been to Edmundsbury in Lucan? What's it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

It's amazing how one thing can change your attitude and put you in a shocking mood without you doing anything wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 want to disappear

I find it difficult at the moment, new job in Limerick. Thought I got on with everyone but everone in the office went for pints tonight and not one of them asked me :( Everyone went, even hinted at someone I got on well with that I'm mad for pints and guess what the reply was "sure go back home to Kerry if you want a pint".

Sorry to hear that. I work with people who are a lot like that. The best advice I can give is just ignore it, which I know isn't easy when it is happening to you. Maybe after they get to know you they will include you. If not, they sound like petty people and it's their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Was at hospital for psych appointment thursday, saw a new face again, but this time it really felt like he listened, so coming off serequel for next few weeks and onto two other things instead plus prozac upped. Now i just have to grow a pair and call the therapist for an appointment which i'm terrified of.. After thursday i was fairly positive for a day then had a massive crash, so the idea of making/receiving a phone call paralyses me..

Hi, I felt the exact same way. Then I found a therapist with her email address on her card. It was still horrible; I felt really nervous even looking in my inbox for about a week, but it was worth it in the end. I explained my situation and made an appointment without having to talk on the phone :) And then I really clicked with her when we met. I've only had two sessions so it's early days, but I really feel like it's going to help, and I'm so glad I bit the bullet.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Felt good for a while.
    Feel horrible now. Life's gone to **** and there's nothing I can do to make it better.
    I really just want to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Felt good for a while.
    Feel horrible now. Life's gone to **** and there's nothing I can do to make it better.
    I really just want to die.

If things got good before, they can get good again. I know now it looks like they'll never get better but you don't know that. Wouldn't it be a terrible thing to die today and for things to take a turn for the better tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Why am I sad when I'm supposed to be happy? Can't understand it. I'm annoying myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Crashing quickly. Don't know what to do. Cant eat, sleep, concentrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

Feeling so anxious. I was in such a good place the past few months, just gotten over a break up. Starting 'seeing' this new guy. Was feeling great about a potential new relationship. Now he's being hot and cold with me and instead of enjoying the thrill of the chase it's sending me into a spiral of uncertainty and bringing back all the feelings I had when my ex dumped me. I feel so insecure about myself, about my personality. I'm kicking myself for doing whatever it is I've done to make this new guy back off, he had seemed so keen. I can't stop crying and can barely sleep. Everytime I'm alone I'm on the verge of a panic attack. I'm so scared of getting hurt again. I feel so lonely. Make it stop :(

**** it here comes a bad one. Was doing okay for a week there and I do the stupid thing and look in the mirror. Hell ensues

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Tell them i was happy and my heart is broken all my scars are open. Tell them what i hoped would be impossible ...... Very true lyrics

God awful few hours, two people I cared for pretty much leaving me it seems.

Hate this life

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

All over the place today, just don't get it.

One minute, I'm great, the next I'm inconsolable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭BizzyLizzie

Something in the water I think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Feeling a lot better today :)

• Advertisement

Been one awful weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if my parents left me considering everyone else is atm

Had just been getting my life back together too, so it hit at the worst time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement