Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halal meat in UK prisons contain pork

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭HTML5!

Pottler wrote: »
    Luckily, these boys aren't living in a tenet, they're living in the Big House, and when in Rome, etc etc. If horse is ok for the general public, a bit of pig is fine for crims, IMO. I presume all hallal will break loose over this though, I can hear the protests crackling away from here.

Yeah, but it's their releigion! :rolleyes:

Seriously, when will society stop pandering to stupid religious beliefs and focus on actual problems.

Feed them whatever's nutritious enough (by minimum standards) and what's economically viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Not only do we feed them but we let them (criminals) decide how the animal is slaughtered.

I guess Prison is the new butlens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

T-K-O wrote: »
    Not only do we feed them but we let them (criminals) decide how the animal is slaughtered.

I guess Prison is the new butlens.
    Some sort of digital anal camera?

Some sort of digital anal camera?

I think you are referring to the buttlens 5000, an excellent piece of kit

I was referring to the holiday camp...butlins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

T-K-O wrote: »
    I think you are referring to the buttlens 5000, an excellent piece of kit

I was referring to the holiday camp...butlins :D
    Ooops, my bad.

I didn't know they had a 5000 model out. I'm still struggling along with the 4000, but the resolution is brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Push Pop

If it was up to me, they would only be eating pork! Send a message out to the rest of them and could be a deferent. Who knows it may even stop a terrorist attack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Sully34 wrote: »
    Pork in your prison food is the last bloody thing you should worry about

But the perception of an inflammatory intentional act is something authorities should worry about, die-hard about their religion as those prisoners are

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Behead those who give us pork

And then hang em..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

If the victims of the criminals were to protest, then I would indeed, sit up & take notice.

Otherwise, I cannot bring myself to give a flying fart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Maybe muslim hysteria has it's boundaries, they are in prison after all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Ooops, my bad.

I didn't know they had a 5000 model out. I'm still struggling along with the 4000, but the resolution is brutal.
    The 5000 has the new asspheric lens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Those people in jail can't be that concerned about their religious principles if they're in jail in the first place.

Your an idiot. Poor people go to jail for being poor. People go to jail for protesting against immoral acts of goverment, for protesting against war's. People go to jail for using marijuana for medical purposes. Many innocent people go to jail. People go to jail for failure to have money to pay debt. In fact a massive proportion of people who been sentenced to prison in Ireland during the recession was for failure to pay a debt.

Your an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

pirelli wrote: »
    Your an idiot.

Jesus.

Can you at least spell 'irony' correctly?? :rolleyes:

Your an idiot. Poor people go to jail for being poor. People go to jail for protesting against immoral acts of goverment, for protesting against war's. People go to jail for using marijuana for medical purposes. Many innocent people go to jail. People go to jail for failure to have money to pay debt. In fact a massive proportion of people who been sentenced to prison in Ireland during the recession was for failure to pay a debt.

Your an idiot.

I'm sure people like that are very cautious on what they put in their mouth. Maybe they should avoid all meats whilst on vacation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

"Waiter, there's a shank in my... Oh, oh, never mind!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

bnt wrote: »
    Don't tell us, tell Muslims. The tenets of Islam contain no clear divide between religion and law.

That's probably why 13% of the prison population is muslim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭opti0nal

old_aussie wrote: »
    Maybe British judges are more likley to imprison Muslims?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

old_aussie wrote: »

Well I'm sure we can count on you for some unbiased commentary on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

opti0nal wrote: »
    Maybe British judges are more likley to imprison Muslims?
    probably not,iirc, there was a case last year when 4 somali britons attacked a girl and the judge suspended their sentences on account that due to their religious mores, they were less likely to be aware of the consequences of alcohol, thus explaining the attack and the racially charged abuse.

so,not always.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

In fact a massive proportion of people who been sentenced to prison in Ireland during the recession was for failure to pay a debt.

Any figures to back up this "fact" . What are we talking about here? Seeing as its a "massive proportion". Maybe 80%?

Your saying that 80% of the people put in jail in this country over the last 5 years are there because they didnt pay a loan of some kind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So, all the people who think that the muslims (cos there aren't any jewish prisoners) are over reacting and shouldn't be fed halal in the first place, how do you feel about them being lied to. I do believe that they should be entitled to certain dietry requirements, but that certainly doesn't mean either way that it's ok to give them food and tell them it's cosher/halal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

correct me if i am wrong,

but i think halal meat is only sold in special halal butcher shops only,
    and it does not come under the same government as our ordinary shops, like tesco, aldi, and such likes,
    can anyone expand on this,
    i dont know much about it, but am very interested to know, did this meat come from another country or is it something like the horsemeat story,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Your an idiot.
    Lol ^^

poor people dont go to jail for being poor,only if they have broken the law and if it warrants a prison sentence.As for protesting against an immoral government again if done in a peaceful manner they wont be seeing the inside of a cell

**** all innocent people go to jail.People go to jail for possession of illegal substances,people go to jail for not paying there debts,a bit harsh but thats the way it is.

Your post is retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Lol ^^

poor people dont go to jail for being poor,only if they have broken the law and if it warrants a prison sentence.As for protesting against an immoral government again if done in a peaceful manner they wont be seeing the inside of a cell

**** all innocent people go to jail.People go to jail for possession of illegal substances,people go to jail for not paying there debts,a bit harsh but thats the way it is.

Your post is retarded.

Errr.. That seems to be to be an admission that there are innocent people in jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

Grayson wrote: »
    Errr.. That seems to be to be an admission that there are innocent people in jail.
    of course there is,no legal system is infallible.

Birmingham 6,guildford 4,the hurricane to name a few but to go around thinking that prisons are full of innocent poor people who happened to be protesting against immoral government acts is taking the p1ss

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

But the perception of an inflammatory intentional act is something authorities should worry about, die-hard about their religion as those prisoners are

Your not far wrong there Ruudi,some strands of modern Islam appear very keen to percieve insult and attack in everything to do with the Non-Islamic regions which they inhabit.

I wonder if this Pork business will result in a FATwah.....!!

...anybody see my coat ?? :o

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Your an idiot.

So Pirelli,.....do any criminals end up in Jail ?

Are these Jails you write of,full to brimming with totally innocent folk deprived of their liberty by an uncaring State Security apparatus ?

Perhaps if you were a business person who could not get payment of a debt,and had to embark upon a hugely expensive legal process to belatedly secure that payment,you might just have a different perception ?

Yes I would agree that some innocent people end up in Jail,but I would disagree with your assertion that it is many.

I presume this makes me an idiot also..? :(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Grayson wrote: »
    So, all the people who think that the muslims (cos there aren't any jewish prisoners) are over reacting and shouldn't be fed halal in the first place, how do you feel about them being lied to. I do believe that they should be entitled to certain dietry requirements, but that certainly doesn't mean either way that it's ok to give them food and tell them it's cosher/halal

Crikey Grayson,you're opening up some can o worms there....NO Jewish Prisoners ?...or is it no Jewish prisoners givin out about being fed Pork scratchins ?

Perhaps worth a bit of debate in itself ?

Mind you,on the greater issue of this Prisoners Dietary requirements debate,it's only logical conclusion is to have a poll of Prisoners Dietary Requirements when they are being processed (Boom Boom :o).

This would be as part of a wide ranging review of Prison Services so as to ensure that NO prisoner would have their basic dietary rights defiled in the alledged manner now being suggested.

This would also have the knock-on effect of providing employment for currently uneployed non-incarcerated Catering Staff as the new regime would require a massive expansion of the catering system itself.

It's a win-win situation IMO.....is'nt it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Crikey Grayson,you're opening up some can o worms there....NO Jewish Prisoners ?...or is it no Jewish prisoners givin out about being fed Pork scratchins ?

Perhaps worth a bit of debate in itself ?

Mind you,on the greater issue of this Prisoners Dietary requirements debate,it's only logical conclusion is to have a poll of Prisoners Dietary Requirements when they are being processed (Boom Boom :o).

This would be as part of a wide ranging review of Prison Services so as to ensure that NO prisoner would have their basic dietary rights defiled in the alledged manner now being suggested.

This would also have the knock-on effect of providing employment for currently uneployed non-incarcerated Catering Staff as the new regime would require a massive expansion of the catering system itself.

It's a win-win situation IMO.....is'nt it ?

Are they halal worms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    The 5000 has the new asspheric lens

Gerbil cam is where it's at these days
    I also don't see that why they should get to eat halal meat. Why should we give a rats arse about their diet when they don't seem too bothered about their victims rights and liberties. As others have said if your religious beliefs are that important to you don't put yourself in a position where you end up in the Big house. They can get f**ked

Advertisement