Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passing cars in a bus lane

Options
  • 25-01-2013 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed do this but just want to check!
    Can you go into a bus lane to pass cars that are turning right? Sometimes there can be a bit of a queue of cars turning right into a car park and blocking the driving lane. The lane to your left is a bus lane. Do you have stay in your driving lane and wait?
    I know in the real world everyone goes into the bus lane to get past, but in a test situation would you just stay in the queue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

In a test situation yes you would stay in your lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    In a test situation yes you would stay in your lane.
    It's what I thought tbh, but it just seems riciclious if it's slow moving (say it's a car park with a barrier) but suppose if it happens in a test just be happy that it's burning up time.

Exactly. If there is only one car in front of you and they are positioned correctly, where they are all the way on the right side of the lane and you would not need to move completely to the bus lane than it is ok to cross with the two wheels as that would be making the reasonable progress, however if there is more than one car just sit back and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,881 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Exactly. If there is only one car in front of you and they are positioned correctly, where they are all the way on the right side of the lane and you would not need to move completely to the bus lane than it is ok to cross with the two wheels as that would be making the reasonable progress, however if there is more than one car just sit back and relax.

Are you sure of this? It's a solid white line so can't be crossed.

OP If in doubt ask your ADI, as they'll know what's acceptable in the test centre you'll be using.

Del2005 wrote: »

Are you sure of this? It's a solid white line so can't be crossed.

OP If in doubt ask your ADI, as they'll know what's acceptable in the test centre you'll be using.
    Solid white line states do not cross unless safe to do so. As long as its safe I would say you can as you are not driving in the bus lane but only avoiding obsticle to continue making a reasonable progress. I'm open for correction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement