Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

draffodx wrote: »
    Yes Sky Go works with my SGS II directly from the Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.skygo&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ic2t5Yi5za3lnbyJd

Paddy Power app works too but you have to get it from the Paddy Power website and install it yourself (Gambling apps are not allowed on Google Play)

http://www.paddypowermobile.com/mobile_sports_betting

Gambling websites are banned under either their adwords or adsense policies as well. I can never remember which. They're definitely allowed on one and forbidden on the other anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

its ok , i know what im doing , my £8.54 is safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Does such an app exist that would let me browse to the music on my laptop? I have an HTC Sensation and for some reason every time I clear down the temp files on my phone it deletes my music. if I could sync with my laptop it would save me having to use my phone to hold music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

keano_afc wrote: »
    Does such an app exist that would let me browse to the music on my laptop? I have an HTC Sensation and for some reason every time I clear down the temp files on my phone it deletes my music. if I could sync with my laptop it would save me having to use my phone to hold music.
    Google Music. Store all 20,000 of yer tunes in the cloud. Stream to you phone. Works velly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

crazygeryy wrote: »
    if anyone has the ulster bank app apk could they please pm me.it wont download in the play store since i put a new rom on the phone.
    thanks.
    hawkwind23 wrote:
    also could do with that .apk

I followed the instructions here to download the app directly from the store

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2100617&nocache=1
    ChRoMe wrote:
    You are extremely brave people willing to side load a mobile banking application from an unknown source.....

You are dead right and it has been discussed before when I went to the trouble of searching how to do it and putting up the link. Definitely extremely risky installing from untrusted sources though especially a banking app.

link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

i tried installing that xda apk downloader.not the oneyou just posted but another one.it would download some apps and not others.the ones i tried were free ones.kept saying something about country restrictions.
    I'll try the guide you just posted thanks.

RangeR wrote: »
    Google Music. Store all 20,000 of yer tunes in the cloud. Stream to you phone. Works velly well.

And it downloads to the desktop from the Google Play store?

And it downloads to the desktop from the Google Play store?
    • Install Google Destop Music Manager.
    • Configure it to upload your ENTIRE music collection to your Google Music Cloud account.
    • Re-Configure Android Google Music to connect to that account.
    • Forget about music on your desktop. Either play via android device or desktop browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭briN_s

• Install Google Destop Music Manager.
    • Configure it to upload your ENTIRE music collection to your Google Music Cloud account.
    • Re-Configure Android Google Music to connect to that account.
    • Forget about music on your desktop. Either play via android device or desktop browser.

I am having a similar issue but would like the music app to read from my NAS. I only have a 3G connection to internet on the home network so bandwidth would be an issue if streaming from the cloud all the time. Uploading my entire music collection to the cloud would prob take two months worth of data! I currently use songbird on my desktop which reads from the NAS fine, but the android app wont let me browse the songs on the NAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

briN_s wrote: »
    I am having a similar issue but would like the music app to read from my NAS. I only have a 3G connection to internet on the home network so bandwidth would be an issue if streaming from the cloud all the time. Uploading my entire music collection to the cloud would prob take two months worth of data! I currently use songbird on my desktop which reads from the NAS fine, but the android app wont let me browse the songs on the NAS.

Try Emit, works quite well for me, but I've a pretty good connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,690 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Gonna throw this out in this thread...

Is there an app that will allow me to receive, send and respond to SMS on a Windows PC (bonus points if stuff like WhatsApp works too!) :)

I've tried DeskSMS, MIghtyText and such but I'm not a big fan of using web browsers for this, nor do I need to see my "Android Desktop" - think of something like "classic" MSN Messenger - simple, clean and effective.. but for text messages

The closest I've come to this so far is DeskNotifier Pro but it's a bit hit and miss and needs wireless to work properly which isn't an issue at home, but would be in the office as the WLAN is linked to your Domain login - ideally then any solution would have to support wireless and tethered/USB options

I can't believe someone hasn't come up with this yet. I'd say lots of people would like to be able to do this without having to be constantly reaching for the phone.

Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

I can't get this to work. The website is just saying that "The Google Play music player is currently available in select territories."?

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I can't get this to work. The website is just saying that "The Google Play music player is currently available in select territories."?

You have to "be" in UK or America [among others] to initially set this up. After it's setup, it will work anywhere. I cannot tell you how, here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

You have to "be" in UK or America [among others] to initially set this up. After it's setup, it will work anywhere. I cannot tell you how, here.

Really? That's a rule now? There's pages and pages of telling people how in the nexus 4 ordering thread. I know that's hardware not software but I don't see much of a difference.

I know talk of using US netflix was banned but in this case you only need to appear in the UK for a few minutes to download the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Anyone else tried the Call of Mini:Zombies and Doubleshot games.

Both will waste a large piece of your life. Great designed games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Since its not piracy there would be no issue explaining it here

EGriff wrote: »
    Really? That's a rule now? There's pages and pages of telling people how in the nexus 4 ordering thread. I know that's hardware not software but I don't see much of a difference.

I know talk of using US netflix was banned but in this case you only need to appear in the UK for a few minutes to download the app.

It's nothing to do with downloading the app. It's just the signing up process.
    draffodx wrote: »
    Since its not piracy there would be no issue explaining it here

I never mentioned piracy but it's a grey area of going against service T's & C's.

In a nutshell. Obtain settings for a US proxy [Google is your friend, doesn't have to be fast or stable. You just need to sign up]. Sign up. Remove US proxy setting. Pretty safe as you are using https all the time.

You don't need the poxy after sign up. The music app comes with later ICS or JB. After signing up, the next time you open Google Music app on Android, it detects that you have a cloud account and asks if you want to use it.

Bisto.

Are you asking me out?

Are you asking me out?

How much do I have to pay for dinner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone wasting their life on football manager 2013?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Anyone wasting their life on football manager 2013?

Is it any good?

I got one of the older ones on iphone a few years ago and didnt like it, didnt even come close to the PC version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Melion wrote: »

Is it any good?

I got one of the older ones on iphone a few years ago and didnt like it, didnt even come close to the PC version.
    Have the 2012 version, play it mostly on my nexus 7 and find it great. Not as detailed as pc version but it's perfect for me.

Wondering if it's worth upgrading to the new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Carbon is a new free app that makes it easy to backup and restore all your apps and their data.....which might make it a good alternative to our favorite Android backup app, Titanium if your device isn't rooted.

Beta version here: Link

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Gonna throw this out in this thread...

Is there an app that will allow me to receive, send and respond to SMS on a Windows PC (bonus points if stuff like WhatsApp works too!) :)

I've tried DeskSMS, MIghtyText and such but I'm not a big fan of using web browsers for this, nor do I need to see my "Android Desktop" - think of something like "classic" MSN Messenger - simple, clean and effective.. but for text messages

The closest I've come to this so far is DeskNotifier Pro but it's a bit hit and miss and needs wireless to work properly which isn't an issue at home, but would be in the office as the WLAN is linked to your Domain login - ideally then any solution would have to support wireless and tethered/USB options

I can't believe someone hasn't come up with this yet. I'd say lots of people would like to be able to do this without having to be constantly reaching for the phone.

Cheers in advance

I've been looking for something similar as I can't physically take out the phone from my pocket at work to check messages. I've come across a new beta of airdroid which I plan on testing. It uses a web browser but it appears to be able to check messages and all that when the computer and the phone are on different networks.

Here's the link if your interested..

http://airdroid.com/invite/airdroid_v2.apk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

What's the best Twitter app out there? I just want something clean, that saves my place well. I like the option of skimming 8 hours of tweets, but the offical app seems to cut a lot away. I was using TweetBot on iOS so I would love something like that. Free or Paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

chrislad wrote: »
    What's the best Twitter app out there? I just want something clean, that saves my place well. I like the option of skimming 8 hours of tweets, but the offical app seems to cut a lot away. I was using TweetBot on iOS so I would love something like that. Free or Paid.

I use Twicca and would recommend it.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I use Twicca and would recommend it.

I'll give it a shot. No drag to refresh though.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Tweetings or Falcon for me.
    Falcon is nicer but Tweetings has push notifications hmmmmm

• Advertisement

Falcon looks lovely, and I'm not that fussed about push notifications (can always leave the official client running anyways for that)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement