Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Final Fantasy Music

Options
  • 18-01-2013 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,214 ✭✭✭✭

Well-trodden ground for a thread but bare with me.

http://kotaku.com/5976942/tell-us-your-favorite-final-fantasy-music

Kotaku asked readers for their own favs - check out the comments section.

Great for nostalgia plus see some of the fave tracks for the FF games you might not have played with the embedded links.

Nice being able to see the videos/music without the thread crawling at slow speeds.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Damn, Tactics A2 has an amazing soundtrack, I'll have to get it. Pity the game is arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I haven't even played FFII much, but Rebel Army is one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,214 ✭✭✭✭noodler

FFX soundtrack isn't on my MP3 anymore. Had forgotten how good that one was.

I know people ask for old PS1/PS2 games to be remade/made into HD/put on PSN etc and then don't actually buy/play them but when the FFX HD version goes up I will be all over it.

Outstanding game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

FFVIII brings pure nostalgia. 'Breezy' the song that was played in Balamb and Fishermans Horizion are amazing. The entire FFX soundtrack was top notch as well. They need to bring back Uematsu to have total control over things once again (damn square enix), not as just another person on the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Guyanachronism

Dancing Mad, boss theme from FFVI, black mages have a fantastic cover of it. Also Kuja and Garlands theme from FFIX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

The airship music in FFXI always makes me smily ^^

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Darkstrike

There's so many, I could list them all day. Such an incredible series of games for music.

Have to give that one a shout though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Darkstrike wrote: »
    There's so many, I could list them all day. Such an incredible series of games for music.

Have to give that one a shout though.

love that! for me its this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd say this is one of the most hauntingly beautiful pieces of music in gaming; and it takes me back to my childhood:

I also think this is one of the more unappreciated themes of the FF series:

I love the part at 1:02.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

So many fantastic ones but this is my personal favourite.

Advertisement