Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail Best Station Awards 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

corktina wrote: »
    yep I read it and I have a different opinion to you. whats random about that?

It wont get on any short list, no matter how many vote for it, because it's a IE vote and they will just ignore or "miscount" the votes and there is no adjudication process to stop them!

Can you back up them allegations with proof? Do you know anything about the process?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Clongriffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Can you back up them allegations with proof? Do you know anything about the process?

how the blue pencil can you prove something before the event? it's just an opinion ,same as yours is! Do you know anything about the process either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Is it possible that there may be some criteria they have for voting. And that they may be automatically rejecting some "spoilt" votes that are not following that criteria.

For example, how could you give a vote of more than 1 for staff helpfulness and appearance for unmanned stations. Surely that would raise a few eyebrows with Irish rail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

thomasj wrote: »
    Is it possible that there may be some criteria they have for voting. And that they may be automatically rejecting some "spoilt" votes that are not following that criteria.

For example, how could you give a vote of more than 1 for staff helpfulness and appearance for unmanned stations. Surely that would raise a few eyebrows with Irish rail.

What you have highlighted just goes to prove that the whole thing is just a load of CIE/IE PR spin bull****.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

From here: http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_news.jsp?i=4451&p=116&n=237 ...

The process will be as follows:

1. Following the closing date for public ratings, a shortlist of stations in each geographic region will be drawn up, based exclusively on the public ratings.

2. An independent market research company will undertake “mystery shopper” exercises at all shortlisted stations to assess stations on a detailed basis.

3. Nominations for each geographic award category will be announced, based on a combination of public ratings and the mystery shopper exercise.

4. The winners, including overall national winner, will be announced at the awards ceremony.

how the blue pencil can you prove something before the event? it's just an opinion ,same as yours is! Do you know anything about the process either?

So how can you say that it wont get on the short list and ignored then?
    You didnt say that you THINK that it wont get on the list but that it WONT be and that it WILL be ignored .

Do i know anything about the process? I take it that you dont read posts before replying then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Best of luck to the mystery shopper that has to go to Broombridge!!

monument wrote: »
    From here: http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_news.jsp?i=4451&p=116&n=237 ...

The process will be as follows:

1. Following the closing date for public ratings, a shortlist of stations in each geographic region will be drawn up, based exclusively on the public ratings.

2. An independent market research company will undertake “mystery shopper” exercises at all shortlisted stations to assess stations on a detailed basis.

3. Nominations for each geographic award category will be announced, based on a combination of public ratings and the mystery shopper exercise.

4. The winners, including overall national winner, will be announced at the awards ceremony.

And who checks that this actually happens and isn't just more PR BS? I know, I've been there and got the video and the T-shirt. :D

• Advertisement

And who checks that this actually happens and isn't just more PR BS? I know, I've been there and got the video and the T-shirt. :D

Have you a link to the video? :)

What I meant was, I have run raffles etc. (for good causes) that have never even taken place and spin, for that what's it is, cannot be trusted. ;)

What I meant was, I have run raffles etc. (for good causes) that have never even taken place and spin, for that what's it is, cannot be trusted. ;)

It wouldnt have taken you to be a dishonest person JD :)

Priceless video! :D

Not for personal gain but spin goes on and so does rigging of raffles, votes, opinion polls (best station competitions) - just the reality. Needs must when the devil drives. :)

Not for personal gain but spin goes on and so does rigging of raffles, votes, opinion polls (best station competitions) - just the reality. Needs must when the devil drives. :)

Im no fan of these voting things either but at least it doesnt cost you to enter .

So how can you say that it wont get on the short list and ignored then?
    You didnt say that you THINK that it wont get on the list but that it WONT be and that it WILL be ignored .

Do i know anything about the process? I take it that you dont read posts before replying then.

quite simple. There is ample evidence in this forum alone of attempts to rig the vote, excuse enough to disallow suspect votes.Voting for Broombridge is a total waste of time if you think it will change anything at all

And my obscure point about surveys, raffles, the Kit Kat Ad (below) and Post Office Prize Bonds etc.etc. is that the public are treated like mushrooms - fed on ****e and kept in the dark. Do you know anybody that has every one anything on their Prize Bonds http://www.prizebonds.ie/ ; do you imagine that Nestle are going to take advertising space in the National media to tell us who won their competition - and even if they do, can you believe them anyway? Should be in the conspiracy forum but it does have some resonance here. CIE/IE and their buddies long ago decided on the outcome of this 'competition' and the survey is just window dressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I can't help thinking that if Carlow station made it through to the play-offs that they would get a discreet phone call on the red phone from the bowels of heuston a few days before any visit by mystery shoppers warning of the date of the operation and to have all hands to the pumps and in full dress uniform on the day and in particular have the only wheelchair accessible entrance unlocked and opened up for the day along with the wheelchair accessible toilet. It would be like a royal visit from Victoria herself.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I can't help thinking that if Carlow station made it through to the play-offs that they would get a discreet phone call on the red phone from the bowels of heuston a few days before any visit by mystery shoppers warning of the date of the operation and to have all hands to the pumps and in full dress uniform on the day and in particular have the only wheelchair accessible entrance unlocked and opened up for the day along with the wheelchair accessible toilet. It would be like a royal visit from Victoria herself.

You wouldnt be far wrong but not quite as extreme as you put it but all stations should be up to the best standard possible anyway without being told to up the game incase they get a visit. The visit of the daily passenger should be the prime importance rather than the potential visit of a mystery passenger.

• Advertisement

quite simple. There is ample evidence in this forum alone of attempts to rig the vote, excuse enough to disallow suspect votes.Voting for Broombridge is a total waste of time if you think it will change anything at all

Link?

And my obscure point about surveys, raffles, the Kit Kat Ad (below) and Post Office Prize Bonds etc.etc. is that the public are treated like mushrooms - fed on ****e and kept in the dark. Do you know anybody that has every one anything on their Prize Bonds http://www.prizebonds.ie/ ; do you imagine that Nestle are going to take advertising space in the National media to tell us who won their competition - and even if they do, can you believe them anyway? Should be in the conspiracy forum but it does have some resonance here. CIE/IE and their buddies long ago decided on the outcome of this 'competition' and the survey is just window dressing.

Until it can be proved then you have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you could get onto them after its over with to publish the passenger votes for all the stations to see how many votes broombridge got.

Link?

...read the damn posts yourself...theres an orchestrated campaign to get people to vote for Broombridge, even the dogs in the street know that...so you can be sure CIE know it too.

i'll save you the effort...heres one for you

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056845944

I voted for manulla junction, its the best non accessible, platform in the country! :D

...read the damn posts yourself...theres an orchestrated campaign to get people to vote for Broombridge, even the dogs in the street know that...so you can be sure CIE know it too.

i'll save you the effort...heres one for you

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056845944

Calm down,

It doesnt look all that orchestrated to me. I might have mistook what you ment, i thought you ment that Irish rail was rigging the vote.
    All votes will be legitimate regardless how many times you vote for a station. Its like phoning up a few times on x factor. How will they know what votes are suspect or not? They wont bother checking people's ip addresses just tocheck if they voted more than once.
    The point you seem to miss is that the stations then gets a visit by this mystery shopper type person and no matter how many votes Broombridge gets it wont win.
    Irish Rail wouldnt care if there was a campaign for Broombridge or not.

Calm down,

It doesnt look all that orchestrated to me. I might have mistook what you ment, i thought you ment that Irish rail was rigging the vote.
    All votes will be legitimate regardless how many times you vote for a station. Its like phoning up a few times on x factor. How will they know what votes are suspect or not? They wont bother checking people's ip addresses just tocheck if they voted more than once.
    The point you seem to miss is that the stations then gets a visit by this mystery shopper type person and no matter how many votes Broombridge gets it wont win.
    Irish Rail wouldnt care if there was a campaign for Broombridge or not.

But my point is you can't honestly believe (even if the votes aren't vetted before they are accepted, ) that if broombridge gets top marks for staff presentation and helpfulness they'll send a secret shopper out there to check if its true.

thomasj wrote: »
    But my point is you can't honestly believe (even if the votes aren't vetted before they are accepted, ) that if broombridge gets top marks for staff presentation and helpfulness they'll send a secret shopper out there to check if its true.

Obviously if it gets top marks in anything then they know someone is taking the wotsits but that would still be that persons right to give whatever marks they want.
    I understand what you are saying but if its on the list then it will get a visit, even if its just to pull up on the bridge and look down and decide its getting no marks.
    The fun would start if the mystery shopper (if their is one JD :) )was a member of boards and decided to give it full marks just for the craic :).

it obviously wont be, it will be a pre-approved mystery shopper, well briefed as to what is required.

Just so as you know, mystery shoppers get "mystery shopped" too, I know, I've been a Mystery Shopper on occasion, vetting for the likes of Bud Ice, O2 Guinness and a few others..

it obviously wont be, it will be a pre-approved mystery shopper, well briefed as to what is required.

Just so as you know, mystery shoppers get "mystery shopped" too, I know, I've been a Mystery Shopper on occasion, vetting for the likes of Bud Ice, O2 Guinness and a few others..

Of course they are pre-approved and briefed but if you were asked would they know that you are Corktina from boards.ie and read your posts to see if you are suitable?
    How can they be mystery shopped? Do they get mystery assessed whilst they are mystery shopping and who is mystery assessing the mystery assessor of the mystery shopper?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Grass between the tracks

Until it can be proved then you have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you could get onto them after its over with to publish the passenger votes for all the stations to see how many votes broombridge got.
    I am going to FOI them for the figures. Worth €15 I say.

Advertisement