Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taoiseach's Christmas Message: Are we just a nation of whingers?

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Sertus

Enda thinks we are all stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Padraig McLoughlin was suspended by the ceann comhairle. For not sitting down. Of all offences!

He sneaked back in for one vote but security then prevented him from entering the house for further votes.

Welcome to FGs new style of democracy
    The stasi are on the way to your house right now are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

It's not a particularly inspiring speech, it contains the usual bland platitudes of 'Skype is no substitute for the hug of a dearly loved child or grandchild'.

That's funny, I was thinking Kenny was no substitute for a real leader of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Where To wrote: »
    The stasi are on the way to your house right now are they?

Give it time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Sure its in fashion to hate the government now a days i doubt most people even know why they hate them to be honest.

I always find the whole thing funny because no matter who **** we elected in country would still be in the **** and the EU would still be telling who ever was ''In Charge'' what to do anyway.

But anyway back to norm ''There all a shower of ****'' posts :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Give it time

Nah, Ireland like the GDR just couldn't afford the Stasi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Most of that those 37 years he did nothing of any use in Dáil Éireann while keeping his teaching job open.

The good people of Mayo clearly disagree with you.

Padraig McLoughlin was suspended by the ceann comhairle. For not sitting down. Of all offences!

He sneaked back in for one vote but security then prevented him from entering the house for further votes.

Welcome to FGs new style of democracy

It appears that you are being economical with the truth.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1212/breaking22.html

He was suspended, not by the CC, but by the members of the Dail following a democratic vote. This followed him repeatedly refusing to follow instructions from the CC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Would it not be best to just ignore the video?
    I wish they would ban the thumbs down for all songs on YouTube so we could ignore the muppets who use it just for the sake of it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

dvpower wrote: »

You want to censor a video you don't like and you think people who voted differently to you didn't vote properly.
    Not a fan of democratic principles, are you?

We don't have meaningful debates in our parliament and most or all decisions are made behind closed doors by a small number of fairly unaccountable people. There is no democracy, there is certainly no accountability and absolutely no consistency in this governments value or morality.

The actual reality is DV that Germans in the 1940s had better access to democracy then we do now.

But don't object to this lack of democracy.............. according to you it's undemocratic. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

He looks knackered in that video, sure tis good to know he will have lots of time to rest before his return to work on the 16th of January. :rolleyes:

*Looks knackered* - "sure tis good to know he will have lots of time to rest before his return to work"

*Doesn't look tired* - "sure tis great for him looking well rested, sure he does nothing.

Can't win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I will keep bashing the Government until they come up with a realistic and intelligent solution to my country's economic problems. Bunch of overpaid clowns!

Why is it that if things are going good the Government are told to stay out of it, but if things are going bad they have to carry the bucket? Instead of the private money-lenders ("Markets") who seem to be the ones who are holding us all to ransom? If I were in charge I'd tell them all to get lost and start borrowing in Yuan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

[QUOTE=MakeEmLaugh;82332594
    This admittedly minor incident seems to be to be further vindication of my belief that Ireland is a nation of whingers, who are happy to bash those in government, but who never once offer any realistic or intelligent alternative.[/QUOTE]

I'm sick of hearing this alternative b.ollix, everyone seems to use it just to bash people who are sick of being treated like idiots.

We are not paid huge amount's of money to come up with an alternative, we the people are paying them to make a reasonable attempt at their job's, and they are making a piss poor attempt at it.

They milk the people they serve for every red cent, and look down on us every time they should be held to account. They are unaccountable in everything they do, as has been witnessed by previous tossers like Aherne and that ****er Lenihan, it's just a pity one prick kicked the bucket before he could get his comeuppance.

It'll be a good day when I wake up to the news the other one has met his maker.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

I'm sick of hearing this alternative b.ollix, everyone seems to use it just to bash people who are sick of being treated like idiots.

We are not paid huge amount's of money to come up with an alternative, we the people are paying them to make a reasonable attempt at their job's, and they are making a piss poor attempt at it.

They milk the people they serve for every red cent, and look down on us every time they should be held to account. They are unaccountable in everything they do, as has been witnessed by previous tossers like Aherne and that ****er Lenihan, it's just a pity one prick kicked the bucket before he could get his comeuppance.

It'll be a good day when I wake up to the news the other one has met his maker.

He is the guy who got us into this mess.

I watched the news when he announced the bank indemnity and I saw the look on the German and British and French leader's faces when they heard the news. They were like "wtf?"

They are unaccountable in everything they do, as has been witnessed by previous tossers like Aherne and that ****er Lenihan, it's just a pity one prick kicked the bucket before he could get his comeuppance.

You sick man, lowest of the low. At least he had the conviction and balls to stand up for what he believed to be right, whatever mistakes he made, what are you doing only hiding behind a username on the internet, what a tool.

Reillyman wrote: »
    They are unaccountable in everything they do, as has been witnessed by previous tossers like Aherne and that ****er Lenihan, it's just a pity one prick kicked the bucket before he could get his comeuppance.[/QUOTE]

You sick man, lowest of the low.

why is that low?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

, whatever mistakes he made, .

Previous comments aside. There's no evidence he made any mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

dvpower wrote: »

It appears that you are being economical with the truth.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1212/breaking22.html

He was suspended, not by the CC, but by the members of the Dail following a democratic vote. This followed him repeatedly refusing to follow instructions from the CC.

To take away his vote in the Dail is to take away the voice of the polateriat who voted him in. That is not democracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

If you care as much about this as much you seem to, can I ask what you have done to change matters? Have you written to your local TD to express your discontent? Have you participated in protests on the Dáil? Have you considered running for politics yourself?

If you think posting comments on Boards.ie under the moniker 'Fiery mutant' will make even the smallest possible difference, you are mistaken.

You sick man, lowest of the low. At least he had the conviction and balls to stand up for what he believed to be right, whatever mistakes he made, what are you doing only hiding behind a username on the internet, what a tool.

He had no conviction, nor balls of any sort. If he had either he would have done his job properly and maybe we would not be in this s.hitbag we're in at the moment.

And as for yr ridiculous hiding behind the username crap, what you want me to do? Jump through my iPad or something?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement

If you care as much about this as much you seem to, can I ask what you have done to change matters? Have you written to your local TD to express your discontent? Have you participated in protests on the Dáil? Have you considered running for politics yourself?

If you think posting comments on Boards.ie under the moniker 'Fiery mutant' will make even the smallest possible difference, you are mistaken.

Hold on a sec, he can post whatever he wants! As a citizen he can express discontent without holier-than-thous saying he's doing it the wrong way!

Yes to all of the above.

Anything else you'd like to throw?

And as for yr ridiculous hiding behind the username crap, what you want me to do? Jump through my iPad or something?

As a previous poster alluded too, it's all very well whinging and pontificating behind a username, have you got off yer hole and done anything about it? Would you make a comment like that in public using your own name? If not then you're not a man, making comments like a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 WeNeed Another General Election

Taoiseach Enda Kenny has uploaded a 'Christmas Message' video to youtube, through the channel MerrionStreetNews, and already it has received as of 6:00pm on Friday 21st December, 73 thumbs down and only 9 thumbs up.

I just reported the video for spam

Taoiseach Enda Kenny's Christmas Message
    MerrionStreetNews· 772 videos

Subscribe
    225 2,376
    13 108
    Like About Share Add to
    Report this video
    Thank you for submitting your report. Here is the information we received from you:
    Issue reported:
    Spam > Scams/fraud
    Timestamp selected:
    0:11
    Additional details:
    This man is a fraud and has reneged on all his parties pre-election promises so I object to Google giving him a voice to rabble about how honourable we are. I'm sure you'll agree if you watch the video. Pass the puke bucket please

As a previous poster alluded too, it's all very well whinging and pontificating behind a username, have you got off yer hole and done anything about it? Would you make a comment like that in public using your own name? If not then you're not a man, making comments like a child.

Yes I would, and have done.

You know we can all make stupid comments about usernames and hiding behind keyboards blah blah blah, but seeing as this is an Internet forum, that is all any of us can do.

So until you invent a technology where we do away with keyboards and conduct boards.ie through a holographic interface and do these threads face to face, STFU !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Yes to all of the above.

Anything else you'd like to throw?

Fair enough. May I ask, when you considered running for politics, did you consider running as an independent, or consider running with a particular political party?
    catallus wrote: »
    Hold on a sec, he can post whatever he wants! As a citizen he can express discontent without holier-than-thous saying he's doing it the wrong way!

I never said he couldn't, I just asked him a question. And I doubt he needs you defending him, he can speak for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

You are moaning about people moaning

To take away his vote in the Dail is to take away the voice of the polateriat who voted him in. That is not democracy.
    There is no unqualified right for any TD to have his voice heard in the Dail. He knew the rules that allow the Dail to operate. He caused the suspension of the Dail twice, silencing the other 165 TDs.
    He broke the rules and paid the inevitable price.
    Democracy in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I wonder what Enda's chirstmas bonus was.

• Advertisement

I just reported the video for spam
    You just spammed YouTube :pac:

Advertisement