Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A True & Miserable Story of Ireland's supposed " Upper Class "

Options
  • 14-12-2012 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Wrong Part Of Forum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

tl;dr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Holy crap, you can put that much text in a single post? The hamster be dying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

TLDR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Don't know how to give an opinion on that, If your GF loved you and her children she be with you,If you told this sad bully where to get of maybe your Gf would have more respect for you,If you stood up to this man... Feel sympathy for you horrible situation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Em if you are a troll that is some long post. If it's true I would think relationship forum is the place for it and not AH. I think it's the longest post I've ever seen on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is anyone going to read that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I read the first half, the bit of fluff at the start was crap. But the story so far is very interesting. I have a few days off next week and ill get through the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I got a quarter of the way down. No not all Irish Protestants are like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Sorry for your family troubles, but to be honest, if you're looking for advice you should be a lot more concise as that is far too long to be readable.

From a quick scan of it though, your issue seems to be that your girlfriend's dad is a dick, and she won't stand up to him. Nothing to do with class, or the fact that he's a Protestant, or that he's from Dublin.

philologos wrote: »
    I got a quarter of the way down. No not all Irish Protestants are like that.

Dont think he is saying all IP are like that, Just his bulling ;father in law:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

That post broke the internet (and I think my phone)

Definitely didn't read. Far too long.

A lot to be said for the auld laptop :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

I watched The Hobbit yesterday which now seems short and to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

So........ the butler did it.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Glenageary is upper class?
    Haha!

TL;DR

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hi Op. Thanks for your story. You must have the patience of a saint! I'm from the Village you talk about in your post. Your 100 per cent correct about job prospects there. However, there isn't really any issue generally with catholics and protestants marrying, especially in this day and age. Father sounds to me like a tyrant. I wish there some advice I could give you regarding your situation. Have you tried ringing the Gardai, regarding the children's abduction?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

More of a relationship issue or a P.I really. Maybe try posting a shortened version down. There's a huge amount of padding and I'm incredibly lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I enjoyed that. Bullying and manipulation up in the big house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Can anyone summarise? I have to go for lunch in 4 hours and fear I wouldnt finish.

I tried to read it there again.

You lost me at "Im a hole". I have no time for someone who spouts shi*e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I agree, OP is truly a miserable(ly written) story.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pom pom snaz peeler

its an intersiting and hard to believe story and you have had it extremely tough but for me I would have ripped his head off, no question. That kind of a person makes my blood boil, someone who thinks there better, perhaps they are told this every day while growing up and start to believe it......how you stayed calm and agreed with what he said I could not do...... but I think you would have been better stand up to him from the start..... it may have meant loosing ur GF early on but now you wouldnt be in this situation...... but maybe there will be a silver lining.....wishing you all the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 boredsie121

Hey, REALLY sorry if I offended anyone ! And REALLY sorry for peeing some people off ! And especially, REALLY sorry for the self serving pathetic drivel. Honest. Simply, this whole thing has been driving me f**king mad for several years, like living in Groundhog Day, and even my own family would not believe me. So fkit, I just wanted to throw it out to the big wide world. Somebody somewhere might believe me. Mad I know.

I'd move it if I knew how. Maybe I should delete it ?

Thanks for the friendly comments. I have the burger, Tshirt, etc. Frankly, under Irish law, unmarried fathers are f*ck*d.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

tin79 wrote: »
    Can anyone summarise? I have to go for lunch in 4 hours and fear I wouldnt finish.

Posh guy from southside, Went to England, dad followed him over and was rude. Someones taking the kids to the Whest for reasons Unknown (maybe to learn irish)
    OP Annoyed,
    OP's dad is very Posh,
    Now OP annoyed and wants to vent on AH with unusually long Post :rolleyes:

tin79 wrote: »
    I tried to read it there again.

You lost me at "Im a hole". I have no time for someone who spouts shi*e.

:o Is that not what holes do :o

sorry op no need for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Bit of a long one he said

realies wrote: »
    :o Is that not what holes do :o

sorry op no need for that.

Indeed, perhaps my initial misguided attempt at humour wasnt clear enough. Back to the basement for me.

Hey, REALLY sorry if I offended anyone ! And REALLY sorry for peeing some people off ! And especially, REALLY sorry for the self serving pathetic drivel. Honest. Simply, this whole thing has been driving me f**king mad for several years, like living in Groundhog Day, and even my own family would not believe me. So fkit, I just wanted to throw it out to the big wide world. Somebody somewhere might believe me. Mad I know.

I'd move it if I knew how. Maybe I should delete it ?

Thanks for the friendly comments. I have the burger, Tshirt, etc. Frankly, under Irish law, unmarried fathers are f*ck*d.

Dont delete it, If people want to read they will if they dont you can always get your father in law after them ;):)

Posh guy from southside, Went to England, dad followed him over and was rude. Someones taking the kids to the Whest for reasons Unknown (maybe to learn irish)
    OP Annoyed,
    OP's dad is very Posh,

Excellent. Can you do the original Star Wars trilogy now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

OP Annoyed,
    OP's dad is very Posh,

It's the OP's girlfriend's dad who is posh. And also a Protestant.

The girlfriend took the kids to Ireland and the OP hasn't seen them in 4years. He doesn't seem to have made that much of an effort though. He could've been to Boyle and back in the length of time it took him to write that post!!

Advertisement