Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Recommendations?

Options
  • 10-12-2012 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Hi All. Looking to get the mother a new shower for Christmas. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations and also how much you should expect a plumber to remove the current and install the new one for. Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Get a Mira. Great showers.

Anything from 50 to 100

Depends on what was there and how easy new one fits in.

You need to find out is it mains or tank fed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Get a Mira. Great showers.

Anything from 50 to 100

Depends on what was there and how easy new one fits in.

You need to find out is it mains or tank fed
    Thanks. By mains or tank do you mean running off the immersion or heating the water itself or something different? Its not an immersion shower

What type of shower is there.

Is it electric or pumped?

If electric is it supplied from the tank in the attic or fed from the mains.

If you open the shower a tank fed will have a pump and element. A mains will only have the element

What type of shower is there.

Is it electric or pumped?

If electric is it supplied from the tank in the attic or fed from the mains.

If you open the shower a tank fed will have a pump and element. A mains will only have the element
    Its electric. I'll get someone to send me the model number of the current one and see if I can find out from that although it'd be 17 years old. I'm thinking its from the mains purely because the pressure is quite low and i'd presume with a pump it'd be higher pressured?

Its electric. I'll get someone to send me the model number of the current one and see if I can find out from that although it'd be 17 years old. I'm thinking its from the mains purely because the pressure is quite low and i'd presume with a pump it'd be higher pressured?

You can't put a pumped off mains you have to supply it from the tank

A lot of the old showers had very poor flow rates even brand new

• Advertisement

You can't put a pumped off mains you have to supply it from the tank

A lot of the old showers had very poor flow rates even brand new
    Confirmed that its fed from the mains. She was apparently talking about a Triton T90 recently. Someone she knows must have one. Seen it here on Amazon. DOes this look like the type I should look out for?

Edit: I see this says its pumped so presume its tank fed then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Confirmed that its fed from the mains. She was apparently talking about a Triton T90 recently. Someone she knows must have one. Seen it here on Amazon. DOes this look like the type I should look out for?

Edit: I see this says its pumped so presume its tank fed then?

All mains fed showers perform poor, if you are looking to replace / upgrade the shower fit a Mira Elite St or Triton T90 which are connected to the cold water tank in he attic

All mains fed showers perform poor, if you are looking to replace / upgrade the shower fit a Mira Elite St or Triton T90 which are connected to the cold water tank in he attic

i disagree, if you have decent mains there great and much quieter

i disagree, if you have decent mains there great and much quieter
    Its a Mira 8.4 supreme there at the minute

Its a Mira 8.4 supreme there at the minute

they always had poor output.

is there good pressure at your kitchen tap?
    if so go for a mira sport myself

if not mira elite

• Advertisement

they always had poor output.

is there good pressure at your kitchen tap?
    if so go for a mira sport myself

if not mira elite
    Cheers. Yes plenty of pressure in the kitchen. Will have a look at your recommendations. Cheers for the advice

Advertisement